opteryx

OPX2/Middle Eastern Style Structures

You mean like this?

yeah but more like restricted are in english and arabic, more military signs in arabic etc. it will be good in my templates in future.

Been some under the hood work lately such as finishing LODs so not much new content to show now, but

I retextured a buildings I was not happy with pic

looks great. i love these kind of roofs. almost like a little fortress tower for archers :lol:

Your back yet again and with beautiful work as always! This makes it difficult To resist attempting terrain making once more.

Now my apologys if this has been asked or touched on before, but do you have plans for more military type buildings such as hardened aircraft shelters, barracks or even a decent medium/large GP Tent? But none the less thank you for your hard work.. many appreciate this.​

are these going to be enterable buildings? they look really nice in the pics.

As I've answered several times before, yes. All buildings will be enterable.

Your back yet again and with beautiful work as always! This makes it difficult To resist attempting terrain making once more.

Now my apologys if this has been asked or touched on before, but do you have plans for more military type buildings such as hardened aircraft shelters, barracks or even a decent medium/large GP Tent? But none the less thank you for your hard work.. many appreciate this.​

I have some prototype trapezoid hardened aircraft shelters in the works, look at this thread.

Opteryx can't wait to use your assets in one of the new maps (with permission of course), they look so awesome.

Yep - SO excited to see these coming along.... you know why ? It means

A ) You're almost certain to update your old (awesome) maps.

B ) You will be making NEW (awesome) maps...

!

Reworking some old murals and making new ones PIC

• Like 2

My immersion levels are going through the roof. Good work!

Hey, amazing work !!!

Do you have plans to put this in a new map ?

A lot of them would fit really well in an future Syria/Iraq maps.

I've been living in third world countries for eight years now, so if you're not already aware, here are some things to keep in mind.

Garbage. Full garbage bags on the edge of streets, plastic bags/bottles, scrap metal, and whatnot lying in the street, dumpsters and full garbage bags strewn around alleys, et cetera.

Telephone lines. Telephone lines on telephone poles that go along streets, telephone lines crossing over streets from roof to roof, et cetera. Lots of telephone lines cross over streets, so please don't forget that detail.

Walls. Many areas are composed of compounds, and are thus surrounded by around two meter walls topped by broken glass.

Burned out cars. 1980s and 1990s sedans and vans burned out and lying in streets. Don't forget these, burned out cars are pretty common, and keep in mind that anything of use on the car will have beem removed by locals (seats, wheels, et cetera), so burned out cars are pretty bare.

Graffiti. It's not as common as in, say, the US, but it's there. In your case, you'll need graffiti in Arabic, perhaps some pro-Islamic slogans or something. Not sure what Arabic graffiti composes of.

Date palms. Seeing as you're doing an Iraqi setting, date palms are necessary, as they can be found on the islands of main streets.

Mosques. Mosques are a necessary, of course, and it'd be great to have more than one kind, as IRL no two mosques are quite the same.

That's my input for now, keep it up! I'll try and find some references for al-Kut, if I can.

• Like 5

Great post Aniallator.

It's funny, literally every suggestion you made is something I'm quite conscious of, but there will be limitations to how complex the scenery is going to be for performance reasons.

Hey, everything you have now is amazing, and you seem to know the details required to make these assets true to life! I can't wait to play this stuff. One more suggestion; I'm aware interior assets are going to be very, very limited, but what about some Persian carpets? They're flat and square, so I'm guessing they wouldn't present a big performance impact? They're used throughout the Kunduz map, and it's a neat feature. According to Wikipedia, al-Kut was actually a center for carpet trade for a while, so it's kind of fitting.

@Opteryx not sure if this is any help, but you get the idea. Drone footage over Syria.

Been some under the hood work lately such as finishing LODs so not much new content to show now, but

I retextured a buildings I was not happy with pic

Amazing.  Ive seen so many video's with fighting, on and around buildings just like this!

Another suggestion.

1. A police station.

2. A building under construction, surrounded by scaffolding, et cetera.

Graffiti wouldn't really need to be added to buildings individually ruining immersion if 2 buildings are placed side by side with same graffiti, we already got a module in Arma3 that apply's graffiti and stuff to buildings already.

• Like 2

I am regretably abandoning this project (at least for the foreseeable future), I feel like it became too much work and that turned the priority into quantity over quality so I'm not very happy with the results. These models are unfinished and really outdated in terms of quality and I would rather focus on making fewer, but higher detailed assets for Arma. It kinda sucks giving up on a project that I've worked on for some long. Some of these models even date back to Arma 1, so I figured it would be a waste to let all that work go to nothing and I have therefore uploaded all my OPX2 models open source here.

You may edit and reuse these models as you see fit, I only ask that you credit me and that you do not recompile them as "opxbuildings2" or "opxmisc2" as I may republish these addons finished some time in the future.

It's not great work, but maybe some of you will find these assets useful.

Download

• Like 20

^^

The "like" is for the generous download link......the rest of your post is, although totally understandable, very sad.  :(

Best of luck with your future projects.

Thank you sir... These are the best community made buildings ever made - your name is embedded in ArmA's history and in our hearts... Take care of yourself, and good luck with your next projects.

Your masterpieces won't be forgotten man, these models are instant classics.