opteryx

OPX2/Middle Eastern Style Structures

The interiors are very bland and empty right now.

Those interiors will be ideal for CQB principles and tactical concepts, I think adding furniture might make it difficult for AI to navigate so it's probably best to keep them empty.

They look great.

If you watch any videos of iraq/syrian war, the buildings seem mostly like empty concrete shells at this point.

Maybe a good way to make the building look more "interesting" inside would be like, some with some dirt and strewn papers and rubble (textured) onto the floor/walls inside.

If these wonderful models will be only available with Arma 3, maybe it's time to stop being stuck in the past.

I should switch to the new game, in the future.

Good luck with your legendary projects.

These are excellent models and you're blessing our existence with your outstanding work for free.

Not a lot of people are strong enough to do what you have done until now so don't be ashamed of your work, be proud of it.

It's pure greatness.

Your soul is obviously struggling due to the high amount of work and tremendous pain that keep you oppressed and happy at the same time, so thank you again for the great efforts of all these years.

Don't give up sir.

Edited by DNL04
Typos

Very nice!

Amazing work. Those buildings will shape many future maps to come , i'm sure:cool:

Might be worth liaising with Cifordayzserver who is just kicking off the CUP terrains work... Would be brilliant to get some of your beautiful buildings on to some of our favourite maps... I.e. takistan, Tec as additional or replacement upgrades for more building variety?

Would totally understand if you preferred to hold them to your maps only of course..

Looks awesome. Been checking this and the Al Kut thread everyday, can't get enough.

That is one beautiful looking building!

@Opteryx

Beautiful buildings man..all of them while you keep the poly count to the essentials as i can see.

The amount of buildings you make..they reducing seriously the copy pasted

looks of *every ArmA cities/villages...

while the polycount allows FAR MORE buildings to be placed aka to create

a DENSE urban environment..something we almost forgot how it looks.

Cheers man.

The Building pack+map i m waiting most!

New building

I really gotta stop making new buildings and focus on finishing the ones I've already made. :crazy:

New building

I really gotta stop making new buildings and focus on finishing the ones I've already made. :crazy:

Yes you do! :yeahthat: :)

can not say how much more we need more buildings and enviroment stuff instead of weapons and reskins ;-)

or in better words -> more same amount of building stuff like skinns weapons vehilces etc

I love the little details like air conditioner units with wires.

My god. BI should pay you. Thèse buildings are way better that the same little house over & over. Lots of gameplay possibility for CQB/rooftop insertion etc

Hello, is this for your private use or is this public for terrain creators to use?

Hello, is this for your private use or is this public for terrain creators to use?

When/if I am able to finish and make the content game-ready it will be released to the public so anyone can use the assets for their custom terrains.

If we only could clone you X3 i really believe we could have a map with every building as *unique.

I really want to *force you finish your already planned buildings for a quicker release..but my other half doesnt want you to stop creating new and new and new...

But eventually...you should stop to a point before ARMA XVII...

If we only could clone you X3 i really believe we could have a map with every building as *unique.

I really want to *force you finish your already planned buildings for a quicker release..but my other half doesnt want you to stop creating new and new and new...

But eventually...you should stop to a point before ARMA XVII...

I like the idea of every building being unique, but we need easily achievable modularity for buildings (example: Cryengine level editor capabilities). Otherwise the files sizes of large projects or building/veg libraries will be huge.

Also, modularity provides even more variety ;)

Will these feature the segmented destruction feature that the stock buildings have? (I expect not, because I would imagine that would quadruple the workload for each building, but I am hopeful.)

Overall they seem to be really beautiful for the detail level you're going for. I just hope that sometime BI will do something to the AI that will make them work in and around buildings, because just like with their own buildings it'd be a pity to have the space inside these be wasted for the AI, since right now they can't properly use these. One example is the Hotel on Altis. Beautiful structure, but useless for singleplayer and in coop against AI since they won't go inside in any useful fashion.