opteryx

OPX2/Middle Eastern Style Structures

Looking nice, those are some well executed models and I'll agree, they are a perfect match for the region (and are a fit for a nice modern urban style, not just desert villages), they look like any of them would be right in their place in Aleppo or Mosul. Do you have plans to make destroyed/ bombed out versions of some of these? That would be pretty neat and great for representing a civil war-ravaged city... I don't think I've seen a single building in the combat videos coming out of Syria lately that isn't destroyed in some way.

Oh great to see you back in arma Opteryx! i loved your maps in arma 1, avgani and the smaller one. you put a lot work into your custom buildings, thats why your maps look so awesome!

i'm looking forward to see new stuff from you! =)

bro any news about your buildings?:)

Not really, I was unable to work on my stuff for a month and now that I'm back I've kinda lost motivation. I guess I'll pick it up again soon when I get the craving.

Right now I've decided to complete all the models I've made instead of making any new ones, so most of the work now is creating LODs which is REALLY boring and tedious work.

Not really, I was unable to work on my stuff for a month and now that I'm back I've kinda lost motivation. I guess I'll pick it up again soon when I get the craving.

Right now I've decided to complete all the models I've made instead of making any new ones, so most of the work now is creating LODs which is REALLY boring and tedious work.

What tools are you using?

Also, if motivation tends to be a problem, you could try posting a WIP thread on polycount forums or such. People where usually give a lot of constructive criticism and suggestions.

What tools are you using?

Sketchup, ObjectBuilder and Photoshop.

Dear Opteryx,

i appreciate your outstanding work.

Your high quality models are beautiful and it's a shame that you underrate your hard work.

I respect all the efforts you made for our community and i hope that you won't give up, we need you.

I know you'll need a lot of time to create and fix your models but i hope in a future release of these magnificent objects.

I also hope in an ArmA 2 release of these models, if that's the case, my life would be complete. (not joking)

There are a lot of terrains that i could create if only i had the correct buildings.

I have Always used your Amazing opx buildings from ArmA; those are great, but these are even better.

Anyway, thank you again for your ability, tenaciousness and faith.

Edited by DNL04

I just wanted to throw out there, that I came across these yesterday, and my group was marveling over them all evening. If I even saw a handful of these finished and worked into some maps by the end of the year I would be beyond excited. Take whatever time you need and remember to tackle in bite-sized chunks so you don't burn out!

encouragement and not get you down, the whole community needs these buildings Arma 3 just as we need in his day who did you do for 2 .

Stunning. Updated models would be great. Hard to fit Arma II models into Arma III's landscape without it looking just a little "off".

These are so perfect for something I have in mind relating to our mod.

Posted a few new models in case anyone is interested.

Magnificent work. Please keep us updated with your progress, no doubt some glorious maps will emerge thanks to your talent and effort. Personally I am looking forward to your mod above all others as I have a penchant for urban combat scenarios.

Looking great Opteryx.

This is really really great assets, thanks for your great work, can't wait to see this in game, wonder how interior looks

OPX is back! Good to see the work man, can't wait for the release of these.

The legend returns . . .

Your work has given me a lot of enjoyment, so thanks for all your efforts.

cj

Cool, you're back! I've really missed your work. Avgani was amazing. Easily one of my favourite islands from the entire series - comfortably within the top 5! I'd love something similar (or even the same... :p)

This is really really great assets, thanks for your great work, can't wait to see this in game, wonder how interior looks

The interiors are very bland and empty right now.

example 1

example 2

The good news is that all buildings with the exception of a few very large ones will be completely open. For now they will remain empty because I want them to run well in very large urban environments, if in the future I see that it will be possible to add interior stuff while still remaining within an acceptable framerate, I will add content inside the buildings.

I suspect this is the same reason BIS decided to make all A3 buildings empty.

Cool, you're back! I've really missed your work. Avgani was amazing. Easily one of my favourite islands from the entire series - comfortably within the top 5! I'd love something similar (or even the same... :p)

Avgani v2 is in the works, but my main priority right now is Al Kut.

Wait , I thought you only created new buildings and now you are saying that you prepare a new Island named Al Kut with all these beautiful buildings? Shit now I'm hyped again!! :D