opteryx

OPX2/Middle Eastern Style Structures

This could be a huge change to the maps coming out from the modders!

Keep up the great work!

Map-makers are always on the lookout for new buildings. Very much appreciated!

No worries about the quality. What matters is that they're enterable, breakable, the glass shatters, etc. No need for gimmicky GFX.

Very good news, I would love to see Avgani and Afghan Village in Arma 3. These map were great with ACE.

Good luck with your project.

Oh and something I forgot to mention.

If you have any good reference pictures of Syria/Iraq, ie. things like buildings, walls, street clutter, military structures etc. please send them too me via PM. I have accumulated a fairly large library of such pictures, but I can never get enough. I know there are a lot of Iraq vets out there that have private collections of such photos. If you are one or know one who's willing to send me those pictures, please don't hesitate!

This is an amazing project! Really great work so far!

If you have any good reference pictures of Syria/Iraq, ie. things like buildings, walls, street clutter, military structures etc. please send them too me via PM. I have accumulated a fairly large library of such pictures, but I can never get enough. I know there are a lot of Iraq vets out there that have private collections of such photos. If you are one or know one who's willing to send me those pictures, please don't hesitate!

If you haven't looked at these 2 already.. i would recommend checking out the dozens(if not hundreds) of gopro videos coming out of the SAA. They strap GoPros to tanks while they clear part of a town. It's just hours and hours of footage.

The second source is the Atlantic's "In Focus" photo blog. They have a section that's only about the Syrian War. Every other month there's a collection of photos from that period.

Looking forward to seeing more of this mod!

Keep up the great work!

That´s a surprise rly. Welcome back!

Many beers were spilled on your maps, and hopefully will be again :)

Welcome back man, didn' t really played Arma1 but i loved the little that i have seen of your work on Arma2 maps, glad to see that you' re working on Arma3 stuff.

Even if I don't realy play the Middle Eastern setting in Arma, I must say this work is truly of highest quality. I can't even imagine how it would look if you went on to make some European (west and east) structures... :)

Even if I don't realy play the Middle Eastern setting in Arma, I must say this work is truly of highest quality. I can't even imagine how it would look if you went on to make some European (west and east) structures... :)

I like OPX because he keeps an affordable Quality VS Performance balance..but the most important for me..HE DOES TONS of *working stuff.

If only we could replicated him x2 or x3 i m sure we could have an island with NO repeating buildings (same goes for Europe setting btw)

I know..its TONS of work!

Welcome back!

Maybe something avgani like may be brewing. Stuff looks a good start, look forward to seeing future stuff :)

We need a refreshed version of Fallujah or Avgani up to Arma 3 standards.

To be honest most of the maps released by modders for Arma 3 are Arma 2 standard and it's quite sad.

Lol you guys, the only smallish issue I had with Avgani was the AI could not navigate across the main road (i think that was the map) id also love to see Afghan Village fleshed out a bit more and maybe doubled in size.. would be awesome to see in A3.

Excited we may be getting something related to Syria.

What can I say that it hasn't been said before. Outstanding work :)

Keep it up!

Lol you guys, the only smallish issue I had with Avgani was the AI could not navigate across the main road (i think that was the map) id also love to see Afghan Village fleshed out a bit more and maybe doubled in size.. would be awesome to see in A3.

Excited we may be getting something related to Syria.

Was zeusing over these two maps last night wondering why the hell I've never built missions on them - I'd love to see these re-edited to A3 standard.. the balance of buildings and scenery are superb and the use of what looks like real sat data really shows in the placement of buildings and roads etc... Seconded !!!

Just a reminder, I'm still looking for reference material, especially for Iraq, Al Kut. It's very hard to find pictures of Al Kut on the web. I've scoured most of Panoramio and google image search. I know there are quite a few Ukrainians who were stationed in Al Kut that have a bunch of private photos like THIS, so if you know anyone who might have such material, please point them in my direction.

i just had an idea...i dont lnow if you have already did it... but could you implement opx1 building inopx2 s standards? it would add tons of models (cuz you dont already have enough LOL) well its just an iidea=) nice job=)

Nah, that would be more work than starting from scratch. I am recreating a few OPX models though.