opteryx

OPX2/Middle Eastern Style Structures

Greetings

After my long ArmA hiatus I am back into the scene and have a new updated set of middle eastern assets.

These are for the most part new models and some old OPX assets updated. For now this is VERY early WIP, most models have only a diffuse map applied, no fancy normal maps or LODs yet.

Here are pics of most buildings I've made so far which are 70+ models

http://s232.photobucket.com/user/Opteryx_album/library/renders?sort=3&page=1

I also have 170+ miscellaneous models like walls, signs, utility poles, concrete barriers, murals, market stands, etc etc, but I haven't taken any screenshots of them yet.

Don't expect this to meet ArmA 3 standards, I barely consider myself a modeller. I'm just a guy who happens to need middle eastern assets and was forced to create them out of necessity. All of these models are made in Sketchup and Object Builder.

• Like 4

Looks great I really love the urban pics you are showing here. Now it's possible to create a Mid East scenario with all these buildings :)

Shit mate, last I heard you passed away (this was years back)... I'm glad that was just miss information and that you're coming back to the arma scene. Now getting back to the topic these look pretty damn good mate I will certainly be checking up on this thread regularly, good-luck with it all and look forward to seeing these in-game.

can't wait do see all this nice stuff in game - the best thing would be an combination of opx2 and Jbad on one map

I always love your work and that's a fresh news to see you back at work !

Great to have you back (I still rate Avgani as one of the best maps ever made for this series).

Afghan Village for me, they look very convincing, look forward to seeing them in game.

Wow!!!! Nice stuff!!! Great work and welcome back to the fold.

Looking forward to seeing this and agree with all the above comments:)

I agree they look really great.

Get them into the hands of the map builders quick lol :@)

SJ

nice! Thats some quality work there! Reminds me on Syria. I wish, someone actualy would redo takistan and other arrowhead maps, with your objects!

They look frickin awesome... but I would not have so many AC systems... :)

Haha, for just having diffuse maps they look great! Always appreciated your work, glad you're back and doing once again. :thumbsup:

Dear god YES. I'v been longing for these types of buildings for cities in maps(takes me back to BF2PR days) Regardless of quality these will look amazing on the right maps with the Arma3 lighting.

Amazing work so far.

Great new stuff Opteryx looks perfect for a syrian-border-map, good to see you back after this long time :ok:

Thanks i love your work bro i dont know anything bout your mod but if you relase it before 25 ill add it to the project im working on for xmass present for you all<3 :D great work bro tnx god u does exsist XD i want middle east in arma...more realistic than that...;)

Thanks for all the kind comments. Unfortunately the OPX2 project is a long way from even initial release, but hopefully I'll be able to compile something that's game ready sometime next year.

I will wait im very interested in this mod:)

---------- Post added at 02:13 ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 ----------

*If u can show us something when u feel u can do it:) we will be happy to see your progresses:)