L.K.

People Liberation Army's mod "light version" - Requesting authorization to release

This thread is directed to the members of the Virtual Military Engineers (or VME) squad, who made the People Liberation Army (PLA) mod.

I've always been a big fan of the PLA mod, especially its latest version (3.2 which you can download here), which is a really amazing work. The mod came bundled with many scripted effects that enhanced the game under many aspects but, on the other hand, also created some lag, especially on older machines like mine.

I've edited the main config file in order to disable these scripts, leaving only some of them active (like the one that assigns asian faces to the soldier). I've also fixed some small bugs and added a few weapons that weren't declared in the config.

Since there was no ReadMe file included in the mod and I have no clue about how to contact the authors, I'm using this forum to ask to any of them if I'm allowed to release this "light" version of the mod. If this permission will be denied, it won't be a problem, I'll just keep the modified version for myself.

You can check the temporary change log by clicking on "show spoiler"; I'm saying "temporary" because I might keep working on the mod if I find some other things that need to be changed.

- Improved: 'displayName' and 'vehicleClass' entries in main config file have been reworked. Now it should be easier for mission makers to understand which units is which;

- Improved: Removed / Hid units and game logics used for obsolete scripting purposes;

- Improved: All the weapons now have proper inventory pictures;

- Modified: removed some built-in actions that the PLA units had, in order to improve FPS. These actions are still accessible via editor, if mission makers want to use them;

- Modified: QBZ-95 grenade launcher version now uses JAM VOG-25 reloading sound;

- Modified: "VME_Weapon2", "VME_STEALTHMAN", "VME_qinying" files have now been merged to other .pbo's;

- Fixed: Special forces carried too much magazines;

- Fixed: Some Chinese PinYin text was left in the scripts;

- Fixed: All Chinese soldiers now use SL86 grenade instead of standard BIS' ones;

- Added: JAM compatibility to weapon that fit with JAM magazines;

- Added: a bunch of guns already modeled and textured that were not declared in config;

These guns are

- QBD-56 carbine, similar to SKS

- QBD-56 carbine with bayonet

- QBB-56 light machine gun, similar to RPD

- QBZ-56 assault rifle, similar to AK47

- QBZ.56-1 like above but with diffent kick

- QBZ-56 like above but with a bayonet

- QBZ-63 an assault rifle

You should probably send a PM to Alex-XP. He's in VME and speaks English.

Though it seems he hasn't logged in for over two months now.

Thanks, Ferenczi! :) I've sent him a message, I hope he will read it.

Wow, thanks a lot Fingerblade! :D I knew they had a forum but it is impossible for me to understand something there, as I can't read Chinese. Let's see what happens now...

Hello L.K.

I'm CYCLE6 a member of ChinaVME Forum.

I've just discussed with our team, and we all agreed to give you the permission to release your own modified version of our PLA mod.

Thank you for helping us improving the old PLA mod. Hope you enjoy using/modifying our mod.

Wow, thanks a lot Fingerblade! :D I knew they had a forum but it is impossible for me to understand something there, as I can't read Chinese. Let's see what happens now...

The manager tell me that after discussing with the development team, he will give you answer.

---------- Post added at 02:29 ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 ----------

Here he come

Thanks a lot CYCLE6 and Fingerblade! Both of you are very kind. :) I will release the modified version of your wonderful mod on this thread in the next days, so you'll be able to download it. Right now, I need to check if everything works. Greetings!

Hey Gonzo! I'm still working on this project. I've implemented most of the ideas I had so, 75% of the work is done. I still need to concentrate on shrinking the pbo's number, in order to have a cleaner mod folder and also to make easier further development on the mod. Thanks for your interest. I'll let you know as soon as I release it. :)