Sign in to follow this  
croatinator

Editor problem with old moded objects

I think this is the right place for my problem.

I made a new base in editor, and I used a mod which adds more flags. After around 20 hours of working, i realized that all clients for server running that map have to have that same mod. So, I decided to remove that flags and the mod. And now, I can't even load my map in editor because I deleted necessary files. I found that mod again on the internet and removed every single flag in the map (which I added, including non-modded flags). But problem persisted, without that mod I can't edit or play on on the map even tough there are no modded objects. How to repair my map without losing everything? Is there a way to search all placed objects so I can find a flag that I maybe haven't seen, or to automatically remove all modded objects?

Please help me, I don't want to loose all my hard work.

You need to delete the dependency from the mission.sqm file, you will see something like the following (in the mission.sqm):

addOns[]=
{
	"a3_map_stratis",
	"A3_Characters_F_BLUFOR",
	"a3_characters_f"
};
addOnsAuto[]=
{
	"A3_Characters_F_BLUFOR",
	"a3_characters_f",
	"a3_map_stratis"
};

But you should see an element that is similarly named to your mod that your using, just remove those lines of code in each of the addons[] and addonsAuto[] sections, and you should be good to go.

Thank you very much, I found one line in addOns, and nothing in addOnsAuto. I deleted that line and now it works.

Thank you very much, you saved my life.