kiory

Boreas - WIP Open mod development!

this is pretty much dead on perfect in terms of atmosphere, I can't wait to give this a go! :D thanks for your continued efforts Kiory!

Great !! Finally someone is working on some serious snow enviroment. I can't wait to start fighting while there's a blizzard; so much new parameters to take care of: strong wind, very low visibility, freezing...

Man, your mod makes me dream with open wide eyes 8) so much thanks for that !!

I love what you did, I'm currently working on a mission on the map Etah Plateau, Western Antarctica In Arma 3, I managed with some script creates a Snow-storm effect, but I am far from your Work.

I'm really excited that you go if you have done to be able to play with your work, fighting in the snow :dancehead:

Boi, you just made me wet my pants. Thats something I'm so much looking forward to. Some arctic warfare >.<

Well, trees unlikely, it's not that kind of area.

That's a great opportunity to avoid all the problems the A3 engine has with distant grass and clutter ;)

That looks absolutely amazing! Well done, YOU. Thanks for your community contributions, Kiory!

Small update for ya'll.

I'm currently working on the vehicle which will be the most prominent on the terrain, if you can say that, even that will be rare.

1_zpscf1207b6.jpg

It's a sort of Russian tracked transit van really (GAZ Bobr), it's a cool design and extremely ideal for what I was looking for, can man about 6 people which is great, as the game mode will support 4-6 players, providing you have enough fuel, this could provide some warmth too.

Now, obviously it's still a WIP and is looking quite odd currently, but I hope to iron all of those details out in the coming days. It's a fun little project, should be a fun little ride!

The cool thing about this little number is that it's built for all terrain really, so should fit into any style of map. :)

Edited by Kiory

Looking good man, lookin good!

I'm curious to see how the IK works out for you. I played with something similar not too long ago. Is doable I think, was a little touchy setting things up. I ended up using a single hand on the wheel with some upper torso adjustments to keep the elbow in check.

OP, what I see in your videos is inspiring, reminds me strongly of Ralph Vaughan Williams "Sinfonia Antarctica" / "Scott of the Antarctic" thematically.

I can see the first official addon having a really, really good campaign using this very immersive snow and these uniforms. Awesome work on this.

Is this project dead? If it's not going to continue, could I ask if you're interested in sharing what you've done with the snow with other map-makers?

ARG!! DO WANT!! I was hoping so badly for Bohemia to create an arctic terrain and introduce artic warfare into the series with the new upcoming DLC, but instead it was Tanoa which also looks really cool but its not scratching that damned arctic ich I've been having. 

This looks really promesing though, I was wondering if you're also incorperating other features of cold weather warfare such as sound dampening by snow and diffrent bullet trajectories due to dense cold air. 

Kiory damn good job with the project! Love how you have "life mods" haha ;) anyhow, I'm making some snow maps myself right now... would really like to see this snow on them ;) MP compat?

First of, awesome!! Second of, what are life Mods? Still new to this and couldn't find anything usefull in the forums. Sorry If it is a stupid question.

Cheers!

Life mods = mission that simulates a living world with authors usually stealing the code, making illegal mods of the other people's hard work, and charging ridiculous amount of $$$ for perks that idiots/sheeple usually pay for like addicts do drugs.

• Like 3