kiory

Boreas - WIP Open mod development!

2014-12-04_00001_zpsdb9359fc.jpg

Evening all!

I just wanted to let you guys know about the project I'm working on currently, Boreas.

I'll let the videos speak for themselves, I honestly believe in my heart that I've nailed the atmosphere I'm aiming for, but everything is still early WIP as I only started a week ago on development.

Boreas is inspired heavily by John Carpenters "The Thing", so in terms of looks, that's what I'm trying to achieve here, for more information on the mod and gameplay itself, you can head here: http://kiorywork.wordpress.com/

Aside from that, All I will say is that everything that makes this mod, all of the custom map assets, weapons, uniforms etc, will be released open source, editable and usable in any of your mods, however, there is one caveat: I will not see any of my content in any "LIFE" based mod, I stream my content creation daily and have many witnesses, you will not have a leg to stand on if you go against my wishes.

With that said, once I have enough content which is substantial enough to release publicly, I will do so.

Thanks for your time, and I look forward to any feedback!

Edited by Kiory
  • Like 2

Holy S**T. That looks amazing I love how you have done the snow, uniforms ect. Keep up the good work man.

From your other mods I can see this being amazing already.

Nice! Would LOVE to see some work put into artic gameplay. Very cool.

I love artic warfare, after your hands go numb your good to go! Haha looks cool

This looks and sounds fantastic Kiory, amazing work and utterly atmospheric even at this early stage...

Loved the idea, Kiory, these new elements woulr heat up the survival mode genre (pun intended)... BTW, there´s a

you could use some of its mechanics! (but being a fan, you probably already know about it lol)

cheers!

Looks very promising, keep up the good work!

Amazing. And the fake motion blur on the snow is just brilliant, makes it look so much more real. Good job.

Nice. I love the weather. :) I wish being able to simulate going out in a snowstorm could prevent me from having to do that IRL...

Nice snow! Will the footsteps remain if you are not in a blizzard, so that we could track people on a snowy map ?

Nice snow! Will the footsteps remain if you are not in a blizzard, so that we could track people on a snowy map ?

Unfortunately, I have no control with how long the footsteps remain, that seems to be hard coded in. However, I have way more control with how blood droplets stay, how long they stay there for and how long people will bleed for, so needless to say, if someone is bleeding, you will be able to track them, same goes for animals.

;2832409']Loved the idea' date=' Kiory, these new elements woulr heat up the survival mode genre (pun intended)... BTW, there´s a
you could use some of its mechanics! (but being a fan, you probably already know about it lol)

cheers!

I have fond memories of that game, and yes, I'll be replaying it at some point for ideas, however I seem to remember it being heavily scripted with the NPC's with how they get paranoid etc, I aim to make that aspect far more natural.

Edited by Kiory

The community is lucky to have you :)

Lovely mod.

are you making everything (houses, trees, etc.) snowy for the new map?

Well, trees unlikely, it's not that kind of area, houses certainly, lab/research type areas, industrial etc.

Looking good Kiory, im interested to see where you go with this, espcially after reading up on your blog about it :)

Wish you luck !