Greenfist

GF Post Process Effect Editor

Very much looking forward to this, and any which way you want to test in a MP environment just give me a shout, happy to oblige.

Best of luck. :)  

Thanks!

Apparently, I only need to figure out how to create a signed addon, and test how the effects react to respawns and other mp specific events.

Thanks!

Apparently, I only need to figure out how to create a signed addon, and test how the effects react to respawns and other mp specific events.

Here's a short guide about signing addons which I wrote a few month ago. It's far from perfect but should get you going.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8iazjns2cnui2bj/How%20to%20sign%20a%20mod%2C%20a%20quick%20guide.pdf?dl=0

• Like 2

Very interesting Greenfist. Got a question or two regarding this. I am not sure if you've tried out some of the Real Light post process "injectors". 
https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/183128-real-light-reshade-preset-by-solano/#entry2890743

But wondering if this is a fair statement to make :

Real Light reshade applies itself over the vanilla game. Has a light performance hit (depending on which settings you use)

Your Post Process Editor uses the existing vanilla game settings to create similar effects as Real Light. Without performance hit.

Or am I getting this wrong?
Are the resulting effects completely different?

Can your Post Process Editor cause similar performance hits depending on the settings you use?

The term "Performance hit" is a sensitive subject. I am not saying Real Light has any significant impacts, most people seem to say it is negligible. But I'm on a bit of a borderline hardware setup, so I like to keep an eye on performance.

Very interesting Greenfist. Got a question or two regarding this. I am not sure if you've tried out some of the Real Light post process "injectors". 

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/183128-real-light-reshade-preset-by-solano/#entry2890743

But wondering if this is a fair statement to make :

Real Light reshade applies itself over the vanilla game. Has a light performance hit (depending on which settings you use)

Your Post Process Editor uses the existing vanilla game settings to create similar effects as Real Light. Without performance hit.

Or am I getting this wrong?

Are the resulting effects completely different?

Can your Post Process Editor cause similar performance hits depending on the settings you use?

The term "Performance hit" is a sensitive subject. I am not saying Real Light has any significant impacts, most people seem to say it is negligible. But I'm on a bit of a borderline hardware setup, so I like to keep an eye on performance.

I honestly haven't even thought about performance in this regard. I've just assumed it can't possibly have any effect on the performance, since the same effects are used throughout the game anyway.

Maybe I'll do some testing - creating multiple effects and measuring the fps, and checking out the Arma's performance profiler to see if it's visible there.

Haven't properly tried Real light, but I know it can provide much more complex and dynamic effects than my simple static color correction. On the other hand, a mod could access the actual game environment, and adjust the effects depending on the situation. For example, different settings for different times of day and weather. But I guess this might make managing the presets pretty hard to handle for the user, and very easy to mess up.

Regardless, I'm planning to try to create more dynamic effects. For sunny weather, cloudy, rain, dawn, dusk, moonlit and dark nights, etc., and mix them gradually. If it works out, maybe I'll add it as an alternative to the static presets.

I honestly haven't even thought about performance in this regard. I've just assumed it can't possibly have any effect on the performance, since the same effects are used throughout the game anyway.

Maybe I'll do some testing - creating multiple effects and measuring the fps, and checking out the Arma's performance profiler to see if it's visible there.

Haven't properly tried Real light, but I know it can provide much more complex and dynamic effects than my simple static color correction. On the other hand, a mod could access the actual game environment, and adjust the effects depending on the situation. For example, different settings for different times of day and weather. But I guess this might make managing the presets pretty hard to handle for the user, and very easy to mess up.

Regardless, I'm planning to try to create more dynamic effects. For sunny weather, cloudy, rain, dawn, dusk, moonlit and dark nights, etc., and mix them gradually. If it works out, maybe I'll add it as an alternative to the static presets.

Oh I wouldn't test, I seriously doubt your presets have any real impact. I was just curious if these presets can lead to some of the same effects as Real Light. I'll be trying out your update once it's out!

Editor Updated

- Only some minor tweaks and a couple of bugs fixed. (Can't even remember what exactly, because I've worked on this very randomly over the last 6 months since the last update.)
- No new functionality.

All downloads in the first post are updated.

And in case you missed it: the ReColor mod was released last week: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/189259-greenfists-recolor-mod

• Like 3

Is there a way to add the color grading code to a game logic or trigger? Would like the mission to start with the new color. Thanks again! B)

Is there a way to add the color grading code to a game logic or trigger? Would like the mission to start with the new color. Thanks again! B)

You could paste the code to init.sqf or a trigger which executes immediately.

Belated thanks to you Mr Greenfist!  This is a super helpful utility.

• Like 2

A very nice tool indeed. Though I personally still do it the old fashioned way. :rofl:

Wouldn't of saw this if it wasn't for your comment above. @johnnyboy

• Like 1