Greenfist

GF Post Process Effect Editor

Post Process Effect Editor
bJJsGNa.jpg
Description:
A single player mission for editing, viewing and exporting post process effects. (Radial blur, chromatic aberration, wet distortion, color corrections, dynamic blur, film grain and color inversion)

Usage:

• Start the mission and open the editor dialog with user action.
  • Enable or disable effects and edit their parameters with sliders or typing exact values to text fields.
    Any changes are applied immediately by default, but you can type you own commit time and click the button to make the effect "fade in".
  • Change the time, date, fog and overcast.
  • Change effect priorities. (Sometimes this has barely visible effect on the output, but just because the game allows it, it's in the editor. Although, some overlapping effects need the default priorities changed to work.)
  • Copy the effect script to clipboard and use it in your mission. (ppEffectCreate, ppEffectAdjust, ppEffectCommit). This also exports a GFPPE parameter line you can copy and import back to the editor.

Downloads:
Steam Workshop
Dropbox (pbo)
Dropbox (mission folder)

Notes:
Sliders' ranges are limited to what I considered to be "safe" values, but you can put higher/lower values in manually. Bohemia Wiki states limits for parameters but most have an effect even beyond them.

To port this to another map or use within your own mission:
Download the folder version. Extract it.
Copy the init.sqf, description.ext and GFPPE folder to your mission folder.
(Or just the folder and add the line #include "GFPPE\GFPPE.hpp" to your description.ext and execute [] execVM "GFPPE\GFPPE_init.sqf" somewhere.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Nice one!

Suggestion: add a "Default values" button to the GUI.

It's mentioned in the coming features already. :)

First update: Added "clear hole" parameters for ColorCorrections effect. (I.e. the area which isn't affected by the PP.) Messed up my nice dialog layout on that tab though.

Edited by Greenfist

Updated.

Added overcast setting: Acts funny at times, sorry.

Added defaults button: Reset the currently open effect to default values.

Added Import function: copy the GFPPE parameter line from your previously exported script to clipboard and click the Import button.

Updated. Minor bug fixes and the goat is less annoying.

Looks good. Some time definately went into creating that dialog for it.

Thanks. The in-game GUI editor is awesome for something like this. After that it was just a lot of copy+pasting.

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. Soon we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I'm having enormous fun with this, would love a little spin off version featuring just the time,fog and weather sliders....they are awesome.:)

Excellent and very useful tool. Thanks!

No, thank you! :)

I forgot to post about the recent updates here:

- Moved from Stratis to Altis.

- Added Splendid camera to user actions

- Fixed some glitchy sliders and tweaked their increments; you don't get so trippy results so fast now.

- some minor fixes I don't remember.

Hi Greenfist,

i find the time/weather/fog sliders within your PPE package would make an extremely useful tool for mission-making, it's a very frustrating process exiting the editor to adjust time/weather/fog etc.....an standalone mod for these sliders as an addaction would be a welcome addition to the Armaverse. To my knowledge there isn't such a mod for simply changing time/weather/fog on the fly whilst in the editor.

Kindest Regards.

You should try the MCC, I believe it has some good tools for weather adjustment.

There's sliders for overcast and time in the splendid camera too, by the way.

Besides, I've never made a mod, so I wouldn't even know where to start. :)

Mission updated.

Fixed some small bugs. Tweaked something.
Added date, time and fog parameters to the settings page.
Changed the structure a bit with portability in mind.

+ Bonus pic from my upcoming side-scroller game mode:
QkRm56N.jpg

(just kidding. It's just some nice PP effects :D )

• Like 1

Thanks for a very nice update.... ;)

Looking at that beautiful screenshoot....could/would it be possible to do some kind of side scrolling mission with the A3 engine?  Mmmm....would like very much.

Looking at that beautiful screenshoot....could/would it be possible to do some kind of side scrolling mission with the A3 engine?  Mmmm....would like very much.

One fellow at Steam asked me how you could produce the same kind of visual style as in the game Limbo. So I tried, and actually made some plans to create a little 2D platformer mission just for fun. It's certainly possible to some degree, but it would probably really suck as a game. Not worth the effort I guess.

Mission updated.

Fixed some small bugs. Tweaked something.

Added date, time and fog parameters to the settings page.

Changed the structure a bit with portability in mind.

+ Bonus pic from my upcoming side-scroller game mode:

QkRm56N.jpg

(just kidding. It's just some nice PP effects :D )

omg! please share. or is it in some way included?

omg! please share. or is it in some way included?

You mean the game mode? It was more like a joke and a very simple prototype. :P

If you meant the effect settings then:

// Time & date: [2035,6,24,19,18]. Overcast: 0.43456. Fog params: [0.9,0.3, 20]

// GF PostProcess Editor parameters: Copy the following line to clipboard and click Import in the editor.

//[[false,100,[0.05,0.05,0.3,0.3]],[false,200,[0.1,0.1,true]],[false,300,[2,0.4,0.4,2,1,-2,-1,0.1,0.01,0.1,0.01,0.02,0.05,1,1]],[true,1500,[1.02,1.1,-0.17,[0.05,0.05,0.05,-0.39],[0.8,0.8,0.9,0.1],[2.65,-1.15,-0.74,0],[0,0,0,0,0,0,4]]],[false,500,[10]],[false,2000,[0.3,5,5,2,2,true]],[false,2500,[1,1,1]]]

• Like 2

After today's update....it would be nice to have some kind of sub thread (for weirdo's like me who have an unhealthy interest in how the game looks) to share creations made using this awesome tool....It could, through time, create a library of cool PP Effects for mod and mission makers to utilise. 

After today's update....it would be nice to have some kind of sub thread (for weirdo's like me who have an unhealthy interest in how the game looks) to share creations made using this awesome tool....It could, through time, create a library of cool PP Effects for mod and mission makers to utilise.

I wouldn't mind if people shared their cool settings right here. Because I don't think there's much to discuss about the editor itself.

Of course, any kind of feedback about it is still welcome.

Greenfist thank you for this addon, now i can create more dynamic and cinematic picture with it !!!

Maybe you can help me to create permanent effect that will start with any arma 3 mission, (i mean just everywhere in arma 3) ???

Y'all need some colour in your Arma!

In the last couple of weeks I've been building this little spin-off mod:

This is the first working version, and also my very first Arma mod. :party:

Still needs some tweaking and foolproofing, and testing in MP somehow. But I'll probably share it within a week or two.

Features: post process color corrections and film grain. The effects are applied automatically at mission start. Includes the vanilla and modded effect presets and some of my own. You can adjust or delete them, or create new ones for every occasion.

And to make this post a little less off-topic: the editor will also get a small 'maintenance' update soon.

• Like 4

That looks awesome, can't wait for it !

Very much looking forward to this, and any which way you want to test in a MP environment just give me a shout, happy to oblige.

Best of luck. :)