Sign in to follow this  
CaptainAzimuth

Pick 4 (ONLY) Ranged Firearms you expect to make an Appearance in Marksman!

Welcome to the next interesting topic, and forehand, i'll warn this is NOT a request thread, so don't bring that here. This is a fun little game i'm going to start. Everyone gets to pick 4 out of the possibly 8 or so weapons that may appear in the Marksman DLC. If you get any right by that time, congrats. If not, tough. So, lets get this party started.

I'll pick my 4 and show you guys how to do yours nice and neat.

Barrett MRAD

http://emptormaven.com/img/MRADfrontquarter.jpg (420 kB)

SKS Tactical

DSCN78452-1.jpg

MX-338 (Ok, it's BIS, and they have creativity. Some kind of MX sniper rifle chambered in .338 would be cool, right?)

http://www.xcrforum.com/forum/attachments/6119d1368356351-xcrm-vs-scar-vs-dsa-fal-vs-cetme-vs-g3-vs-pof-vs-pws-vs-socom-vs-sig716-vs-rfb-e21031b0-e7a5-4e7e-86c5-723402ec40ad-301-0000001a07162ee2_zps45a77265.jpg (318 kB)

USAS-12 (Yes, because we need something to replace the ol' AA-12, this would be the most likely solution to such. Shotgun's time for a return)

usas12b.jpg

And that's my four... well, i guess the MX-338 doesn't count, it's not real rifle... yet... XD

Anyhow, that's the basic template of this game. Also, it's worth mentioning a few features that may make it in the DLC to compliment the new guns, what ever they may be, are the possibility of weapon resting, and overhauled sounds. A few other things i personally think BIS might impliment, is different kinds of ammo other than tracers. for example, Incendiary, or AP rounds for various rifles.

Good luck picking your four weapons. You can choose what ever weapon you'd like, even if someone else has that weapon in one of their four items. Make sure it's 4 ranged weapons, it's called Marksman for a reason, so don't be listing pistols. Lol

Go!

Edited by DarkSideSixOfficial

A futuristic AK, futuristic HK G36, and two other futuristic sniper / anti-material rifles maybe some M2010 variant, barret, SVD?

M2010 - so pretty http://www.gunsandammo.com/reviews/m24-makeover-remington-m2010-rifle-review/.

Some old ass bolt action that still is accurate but not so alien worldish.

Sako TRG 21 / 22. Modernized. Sooooo sweet.

L129A1 Sharpshooter rifle.

Only choose 4, damn that's not easy.

Just as important as which rifles of course is how the functionality is brought to life. Bolt action where the hand actually works the bolt and the rfile moves a bit when working the bolt too quiakly, ability to chamber and fire single bullet, bipod and weapon resting for sure!, better realized recoil plus proper weapon charging for the semi autos and VERY important is not to push the bolt back right away but to hold the sight picture to see if the bullet hits true (easily done by not cycling the bolt until the fire button is released). Pip scopes if I'm being hopeful but the rest are essential .

edit plus ragdoll on impact for all ai and player. plus breathing being modeled a lot better - aka hear breathing, jave up and down sway tied to that breathing more, be able to slow/holdbretahing for accuracy, have vision blur a bit if held breath too long. taking a bit of time to settle down in proper prone position. not being able to turn so fast on your guts. this dlc could be very good but it needs to go somewhat indepth to earn the name markmans. wind and ability dial in clicks to comensate for wind/distance.

Edited by twisted

My selection would be like this:

1. MSR .338 - http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sniper-rifles/usa/remington-msr-e.html (NATO)

2. DAN .338 - http://defense-update.com/20140611_dan-338.html#.VIAVUDGG-uc (CSAT)

3. LSAT 7.62 version /NATO needs a proper GP machine gun/ - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LSAT_light_machine_gun (NATO)

4. Katiba LMG 6.5mm /CSAT needs a light machine gun/ - (CSAT) same style as Chinese QBB-95-1 LSW

Then it needs the proper bolt action animations , working bipods and Wind ballistics

msbs random converted to 7.62 (AAF or NATO)

Some kind of L115a2 or AW-50 (UKSF/CTRG)

Modern SKS (CSAT)

HCAR (NATO)

Just as important as which rifles of course is how the functionality is brought to life. Bolt action where the hand actually works the bolt and the rfile moves a bit when working the bolt too quiakly, ability to chamber and fire single bullet, bipod and weapon resting, better realized recoil plus proper weapon charging for the semi autos and VERY important is not to push the bolt back right away but to hold the sight picture to see if the bullet hits true (easily done by not cycling the bolt until the fire button is released). Pip scopes if I'm being hopeful but the rest are essential .

Good points there. I've seen mods using well implemented animations, and it would be amazing if BiS could do their own improvements on bolt action animations, as well as a few other ones. For example, waking animation. The current one should be... Well, more of a thing for special operations like Miller's crew and such. But there needs to be a standard walking animation for holding the rifles like a normal person, so to speak.

I Dont want anymore snipers, the game needs SAW's and MG's

That's kind of an unrealistic thing to expect though... The whole DLC is centered around marksman and sniper weapons so I think the preponderance of new weapons will be sniper rifles.

That's kind of an unrealistic thing to expect though... The whole DLC is centered around marksman and sniper weapons so I think the preponderance of new weapons will be sniper rifles.

I'd say it's

. Up 'til the fifth minute.

I'd say it's
. Up 'til the fifth minute.

Hahaha :D that caught me entirely by surprise. Great video.

i want these guns:

Barrett M107 chambered in .50 BMG

m107.jpg

McMillan Tac-50 chambered in .50 BMG

mcmillan-tac50.jpg

Barrett M99 chambered in .416 Barrett

barrett_m99_with_bors_scope_by_djbuffey-d5dr2k2.jpg

Accuracy International L115A3 chambered in .338 Lapua Magnum

1359314302_accuracy-international-l115a1.jpg

and dear BI devs, i want some BIPOD!!!

i also hope BI will consider implementing Advanced Ballistics into the game engine as the official Arma 3 ballistics :)

Edited by TiborasaurusRex

I don't think the L115A3 or M107 will make an appearance, we have a lot a 50BMG rifles at the moment in A3 and the AWM (wich is my favorite long range rifle) was present into Arma 2 OA. BIS at my opinion is searching for "futuristic" rifles, with chassis and everything, I expect more a MX338 type rifle like the NEMO 300 or the Noreen Bad news. But they can also put a modular type bolt action just like the MRAD, the MSR, the SRS, the Ballista...

Just remember that BIS now releases modules with their DLC, it's not only content, so we can maybe expect an advanced ballistics implementation wich will be awesome.

I've asked Dwarden for maybe some details but nothing can be revealed at that moment, we should wait next January when the Devs come back.

I don't think the L115A3 or M107 will make an appearance, we have a lot a 50BMG rifles at the moment in A3 and the AWM (wich is my favorite long range rifle) was present into Arma 2 OA. BIS at my opinion is searching for "futuristic" rifles, with chassis and everything, I expect more a MX338 type rifle like the NEMO 300 or the Noreen Bad news. But they can also put a modular type bolt action just like the MRAD, the MSR, the SRS, the Ballista...

you're right...L115A3 & M107 are pretty much ancient guns lol we need "futuristic" long range guns like these:

Desert Tactical HTI chambered in .375 cheytac

hti-three-quarter-web.jpg

NEMO OMEN chambered in .300 win mag

NEMO-Omen_001.jpg

Remington MSR chambered in .338 Lapua mag

remington-msr_a.jpg

Barrett MRAD chambered in .338 Lapua mag

Barrett-MRAD-Package-Gun.jpg

Noreen Bad News chambered in .338 Lapua mag

pix430990904[1].jpg_thumbnail0.jpg

Edited by TiborasaurusRex

you're right...L115A3 & M107 are pretty much ancient guns lol we need "futuristic" long range guns like these:

Desert Tactical HTI chambered in .375 cheytac

http://www.oaklandtactical.com/assets/images/hti-three-quarter-web.jpg

NEMO OMEN chambered in .300 win mag

http://www.bighornfirearms.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/NEMO-Omen_001.jpg

Remington MSR chambered in .338 Lapua mag

http://accucounter.com/wp-content/gallery/photos/remington-msr_a.jpg

Barrett MRAD chambered in .338 Lapua mag

http://www.eurooptic.com/images/products/Barrett-MRAD-Package-Gun.jpg

Noreen Bad News chambered in .338 Lapua mag

http://picturearchive.gunauction.com/1729162916/11420658/pix430990904[1].jpg_thumbnail0.jpg

Exactly, thanks. (I was too lazy to put the pictures)

They should call it "Tactical Marksman Operator DLC" but I still don't know if it's gonna be about DMR or Bolt Action rifles.

Like I Said it's gonna be more about the module than the weapons, because you can bring those with addons.

I think we can expect something huge about BIS, like a modular system where you can change calibers and everything, just like the rifles you mentioned.

Hence why I believe BIS's finger is so far from the pulse, say would you like a choclate covered pretzel?

Im a big fan of the SR-25, So id love to see that done by BIS. The only one I know of is in Massi's NATO SF pack.

Exactly, thanks. (I was too lazy to put the pictures)

They should call it "Tactical Marksman Operator DLC" but I still don't know if it's gonna be about DMR or Bolt Action rifles.

Like I Said it's gonna be more about the module than the weapons, because you can bring those with addons.

I think we can expect something huge about BIS, like a modular system where you can change calibers and everything, just like the rifles you mentioned.

Ranged, could be from 7.62 and up. In fact, i wouldn't doubt it if they brought back the M-39 Air burst system. That was most definitely not a place holder for anything, and it was in game at one point, and it was ranged. Perhaps they could figure out a way to work something that complex... You never know. Besides that though, features they add will be interesting what ever it is. We will know when someone unloads with an LMG and all the bullets land 20 meters to the right from across a hill, and w see people complaining about not being able to hit anything. =D

XM8 series (marksman, carbine, rifle, GL, IAR)

Barrett MRAD as well

M240

AK-12 series (marksman, carbine, rifle, GL, IAR)

Maybe a few other marksman weapons. Mk18? SKS? M24?

All I want for Christmas, is proper bolt action functionality. :)

Please BI, GEIF.

I think we'll get our first civilian gun with this DLC! I expect there'll be a hunting rifle of some sorts.

I'd like to see non-marksman weapons as well; at least an LMG/MMG for NATO (Is it right to call the MX SW an LMG?), dumb rocket launchers (perhaps disposable even!) and preferably less SF-ish guns for FIA. Honestly, I wish NATO had gotten the MK200 from the start and the AAF+FIA something else, like 5.56 or 7.62 instead of caseless 6.5mm. The Katiba should also not have been 6.5mm caseless :(

Edited by rzon

Hopefully nothing recycled from previous games...

Don't jinx it. Then again if BI wanted to they would probably give civilians/AAF the CZ-750 from te Czech DLC, so. But let's hope for new, awesome looking content. Great choices so far guys.

Don't jinx it. Then again if BI wanted to they would probably give civilians/AAF the CZ-750 from te Czech DLC, so. But let's hope for new, awesome looking content. Great choices so far guys.

I think they will make new weapons. I mean all the old weapons form A2 are avaible for the modders to port over so why would they take those weapons when they allready "released them" in a sense. no if they wan't to make something usefull for this DLC they will have to do it from scratch