I'm having difficulty with the latest incarnation of this mod as well.

While i have the options to lift the pods and release them, i do not have the option to raise and attach them.

I created a mission with Xeno and jnsSkyncranes only and the result was the same.

Jonpas:

Hi jonpas, thx for your idea of enhancement, you are right, I check if the Pod is attached using "attachedObjects > 0" but with this I check if its the good helico or the good pod too...So normally it should not be a problem...Normally...Could you check if the mod always work for you Jonpas ? :)

Zali :

It's a client side mod, and more explicitly its a Taru client side mod :p...No need of CBA.

Do you run it with other mod ? try to run just the mod, go in a taru and lift a pod, and normally you have the option to attach it...

Lexx:

I play in the normal branch so i can't say for the dev-branch...Could you post the error ?

Dark_Spectre :

Really strange cause i have tested the mod yesterday and it work well...

All:

It seems that a lot of people have issue with the mod and i'm sorry for this, i will try to find why for me it work well and for you not...Could you all certify me that in the normal branch with just the pod mod, in the editor you spawn a Taru and a bench pod, you sling load it and you don't have the action for "Attach the pod" available ? Or some errors ? Thanks for all.

Screenshot:

http://cubeupload.com/im/yFYDUj.jpg

Also on my first try, before making this screenshot, ATRQ broke even before I sling loaded the pod (sling loading was in progress). :D

And I noticed that the script tries to attach the pod as soon as I sling loaded it, without me giving the command to do so (edit: I give the command to detach the pod and a bit later.... it is trying to attaching itself again). /editagain: And a bit later ATRQ broke again.

Zali :

It's a client side mod, and more explicitly its a Taru client side mod :p...No need of CBA.

Do you run it with other mod ? try to run just the mod, go in a taru and lift a pod, and normally you have the option to attach it...

I have Epoch Mod 0.2.5.2 Is that the cause?

I can confirm still. I am running the latest public build, as well as your mods latest version. I have the option to release and lower, but no option to raise the pod to the Nato Taru.

Made a mission with just a player in VR, a Nato Taru, and a Taru pod, same issue. No ability to Lift it beyond attaching.

Edited by Dark_Spectre

Lexx :

It's normal that the ATRQ could broke even before you slingload a pod cause its not related to the pod but to the taru helicopter.

It depends on the movement you do with the Taru.

And you say just after you slingload the pod the mod try to attach him directly without you ask it ?

Could you say me the name of the mission you played with the mod ? and if you use other mod with it and the list of them please ? :).

Cause you have clearly a message error and if I could reproduce him i can work on him.

Zali :

I don't play to Epoch but it's a mod that heavy change the game...Could you be more precise in the context of the bug ? Do you have some message error or don't you have just the action to attach the pod ? Could you try to reproduce the bug in the vanilla game ? I did not even know there where Taru available in epoch XD.

Dark_Spectre :

You said Nato Taru but the taru in vanilla is just a csat vehicle...Okay...If nobody could say me correctly they use "other" mod with my mod i can't figure why the mod doesn't work...I need to be sure that the mod in a vanilla situation (just the mod, and only the mod is loaded with arma) has a bug...

After this i can fix it and after that if with other mod they are conflict I can work on it...But at this moment it's really confuse and i'm never sure if it's a conflict with other mod or a bug in the Xeno taru pod mod himself...

I see your question in the R3F logistics topic, do you use their mod and my mod together ? Are you french ? Thanks :).

All :

Again today i made a test in the VR map and the mod work perfectly...And it's fucking boring cause I don't care the mod work with me...I want to be capable of reproduce the situation where you guys have an issue...And for this I need to be sure that when you have the issue it's really with JUST the mod...OR with a set of mod...OR with a different version of the game (Epoch...) OR in a particular mission who could have a bunch of script who could Interfere with the taru pod mod...

Lexx :

It's normal that the ATRQ could broke even before you slingload a pod cause its not related to the pod but to the taru helicopter.

It depends on the movement you do with the Taru.

And you say just after you slingload the pod the mod try to attach him directly without you ask it ?

Could you say me the name of the mission you played with the mod ? and if you use other mod with it and the list of them please ? :).

Cause you have clearly a message error and if I could reproduce him i can work on him.

Zali :

I don't play to Epoch but it's a mod that heavy change the game...Could you be more precise in the context of the bug ? Do you have some message error or don't you have just the action to attach the pod ? Could you try to reproduce the bug in the vanilla game ? I did not even know there where Taru available in epoch XD.

Dark_Spectre :

You said Nato Taru but the taru in vanilla is just a csat vehicle...Okay...If nobody could say me correctly they use "other" mod with my mod i can't figure why the mod doesn't work...I need to be sure that the mod in a vanilla situation (just the mod, and only the mod is loaded with arma) has a bug...

After this i can fix it and after that if with other mod they are conflict I can work on it...But at this moment it's really confuse and i'm never sure if it's a conflict with other mod or a bug in the Xeno taru pod mod himself...

I see your question in the R3F logistics topic, do you use their mod and my mod together ? Are you french ? Thanks :).

All :

Again today i made a test in the VR map and the mod work perfectly...And it's fucking boring cause I don't care the mod work with me...I want to be capable of reproduce the situation where you guys have an issue...And for this I need to be sure that when you have the issue it's really with JUST the mod...OR with a set of mod...OR with a different version of the game (Epoch...) OR in a particular mission who could have a bunch of script who could Interfere with the taru pod mod...

i THINK YOUR MOD IS AMAZING AS IS!

Interoperability with any combination of a plethora of potential mods is an impossible scenario to plan for.

I did note that after uploading our modset one mod at a time till the lift was no longer an option is that it was SOSpure that broke the lift capability each time.

SO, that maybe of some help.

But your mod works great as it stands. Its just trying to make it play nice with the other children in the schoolyard. :P

The only mod I am using that slightly influences the game mechanics would be that joint rails mod for weapon addons (but I think it was disabled as well when I did the screenshot). The mission is one of my own, not released yet. When I am back home this evening I'll try it again with every mod disabled and in a clean editor mission, just in case. Will take around 12 hours from now on, though. :>

PS: It might also be possible that it tried to attach the pod only after I pressed ESC and switched back into the game. Will test this again as well.

/Edit: I tried again with latest dev-branch update. With and without all of my mods. The errors are all gone. Only the generic ATRQ stuff seems to happen occasionally. But all that other stuff must have stopped with todays update or one of them in the past few days... Well, good news. :>

Edited by Lexx

Dark_Spectre : Seems that the sos mod add some script with heli and conflict with my mod...I'm working on it ;).

Dark_Spectre : Seems that the sos mod add some script with heli and conflict with my mod...I'm working on it ;).

:bounce3:

SWEET! I've switched reluctantly to dragonfyre for the time being as it seems to have no problem playing ball with your mod.

As long as its known now I'm happy.

We run between 25-30+ mods depending on the mission, I genuinely didn't think it was going to be SOS, so naturally it was one of the last ones I checked for compatibility. Murphy's law!

Dark_Spectre :

I have managed to fix the issue with SOS, and by the way all conflict with mod who attach some thing to the helicopter (Jonpas ;))...I hope :D...

Update soon...

Thx kecharles28 ;).

Update 1.4.2 :

- Fixed : Issue with mods that attach some object or whatever to the Taru (SOS Pure, for example).

I hope this will fix some issue you guys have...If not report it ;).

Good to hear! I was quite impressed when I found out I can store the actual object with setVariable.

Dark_Spectre :

I have managed to fix the issue with SOS, and by the way all conflict with mod who attach some thing to the helicopter (Jonpas ;))...I hope :D...

Update soon...

Awesomeness!

Its clearly a matter of subjective personal preference, but I need my SOSpure. :P

But not as much as I needed the utility your mod adds. That was a tough, but thankfully brief sacrifice.

The ability to "very quickly" airdrop those pods into the thick of it and get repairs, ammo, supplies and the injured stitched up (CSE surgical pods) directly where they're needed is going to quite literally mean the difference between winning and loosing a mission, I feel.

I cant imagine driving an HEMTT 10+km ever again to bring ammo or a surgical truck after being spoiled by this :D

And did I mention it looks cool as all hell doing it. (love hoisting those baddies up, definitely improves piloting skills!)

Thank you greatly, again!

Edited by Dark_Spectre

Thanks for publishing the newest version on Armaholic :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thx FoxHound for the update ;).

Jonpas : I haven't use it for the moment but yeah it's a powerful tool.

Dark_Spectre : It's not a problem if you prefer SOSPure, for me its DragonFyre :p. I'm happy you really enjoyed the mod :).

So you confirm the mod work well now ?

Would it be possible for me to run this on my server and on my client, and players, which do not have the addon could see it when i attach the pod, or do all players need the mod installed? I need to keep my server vanilla, so i can't make my players download any mods.

If that's not possible, any chance for a script version?

AGM conflicts with the Taru Pod Mod, it completely removed the drop down option. :(

I tried it in vanilla, and it was very nice. The only thing I request is if you have the parachute wait to deploy until a certain altitude, so it does not take a very long time to reach the ground.

Elena : I can work on a script version that you could launch with your mission ;).

Rafael09ED : Users with AGM have the option for the pod in their self menu...Could you confirm this ?

And yeah nice idea for the parachute, I am going to make so that he deploys towards 70 m.

Hey there NorX this is an awesome mod! something that seemed like it should have been with the Taru since the word go!

is there any possibility of allowing us to order AI to raise/lower the pod via the action menu? would be a nice addition. :D

once again thanks, my friend and I are getting a LOT more use out of that helo now :D

Hi there, I just want to say first that I absolutely love the idea of this mod - it opens up so many possibilities! However, I'm having difficulties with the atorque hotfix not seeming to work. I use the standard (non-advanced) flight model, and both with the vanilla Taru and the JNS Skycrane variant, I can fly around with a pod slingloaded below me just fine, but within 2-3s of attaching the pod the atorque breaks. Having a look around at comments here and on the steam page, I expected your atorque hotfix to either magically fix the rotor or provide a context menu option to fix the rotor - neither of which I got! :x

For reference: I was running just those 2 mods (yours and skycrane) to test them out, and as mentioned above my flight model was standard. I don't know if that makes a difference, but I figured I'd mention. I'd absolutely love to know if I'm just misunderstanding how the hotfix works, or whether there is indeed a problem, as I'd love to use these on my group's server :)

Apparently BIS broke it again in one of the latest updates...

dingbat91 : That's could be a nice addition, i will check if a can do something for that ;).

NickSeafort : You play in stable or dev ? Cause I play in stable...I can check in dev if the mod is broken...Could you check just with my mod if you have an issue and pod you use. In dev or stable version...Thanks.

I confirm the ATRQ broke after it was broke and fixed...There is a FIX of the FIX with the next update...Thanks again Bis for broken the broken XD...

All : At this time I work on a script version, the possibility to order your IA to attach your pod......So update when it's done ;)

Edited by NorX_Aengell