XENO - Taru Pod Mod
by
NorX Aengell

Description :
Hi everyone, I'm happy to share a mod who add the possibility for the Taru (Heavy lifter helicopter of CSAT) to attach and detach the various Pods he can lift.

Warning !!
The mod is for the alone version of the Taru, not with already pods attached to him. You need to Slingload the pod first before you can have possibility to attach him.
All pod dropped at >70m will be parachuted.

Feel free to ask for some features I can add, or report bugs i don't have catch.

Features :
Attach and Detach Pods designed for the Taru.
Pods are :
- Ammo Pod
- Bench Pod
- Cargo Pod
- Fuel Pod
- Medical Pod
- Repair Pod
- Transport Pod

Installation (Thx to Armaholic):

Extract into the ArmA 3 Directory, by default this is located in:
32-Bit - C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
64-Bit - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\
After extraction it should look like this:

Steam\Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\@Xeno_Taru_Pod_Mod\addons\

You'll also need to add a Launch Parameter to Steam, in order to do so right-click on ArmA 3 and click Properties and then Set Launch Options. In the window that opens enter in -mod=@your_mod_folder_name;
For using multiple mods you would then do so like this:

-mod=@mod_name;@mod_name2;@mod_name3;@mod_name4;@mo d_name5

And of course you can also enable and disable the addon through the in-game Options Expansions menu if you do not want to mess with startup parameters!

For the .bikey in Keys folder, it should be placed inside the Arma3/keys folder

Usage:

Go in Pilot in the alone version of the Taru, slingload a Pod and an action will be avalaible in the action menu to Attach or Detach the Pod.
Action available for Copilot or LoadMaster too.

FOR ACE3 USER !!
Actions to manage your pod are in the self menu of ACE (check the ACE option to see the keys...).

Here is the list of command script you can use (thanks to Hmarcbower for the list) :

[TaruName, ObjectToPickup] spawn XENO_Taru_fnc_Action_Accrochage; // hook
[TaruName] spawn XENO_Taru_fnc_Action_Decrochage; // unhook
[TaruName] spawn XENO_Taru_fnc_Action_Arrimage; // attach pod
[TaruName] spawn XENO_Taru_fnc_Action_Desarrimage; // detach pod
["Allonger", TaruName] spawn XENO_Taru_fnc_Choix_Lanceur_Action; // Lengthen 10m
["Allonger Max", TaruName] spawn XENO_Taru_fnc_Choix_Lanceur_Action; // Lengthen to 100m
["Raccourcir", TaruName] spawn XENO_Taru_fnc_Choix_Lanceur_Action; // Shorten 10m
["Raccourcir Max", TaruName] spawn XENO_Taru_fnc_Choix_Lanceur_Action; // Shorten to 10m
["Decrochage Parachutage", TaruName] spawn XENO_Taru_fnc_Choix_Lanceur_Action; // Unhook or Parachute (< or > 200m)

FOR ORDER YOUR AI !!
When you have an AI in the pilot seat, select him with F2 or F3 or etc, and open your AI-action menu (keybinding "6") and you should
see orders availaible.

ZEUS MODULE :
You have now the possibility to use Module in Zeus to do all the actions the mod add to helicopter.
In Modules -> XENO - Taru Pod Mod :

- Attach : Attach a pod hooked to the Taru.
                    - Detach : Detach a pod attached to the Taru.
                    - Drop/Parachute : If the helicopter is below to 200m it simply drop the pod and if above the pod will deploy a parachute when close to ground.
                    - Hook : Module for all helicopter who hook a compatible object to any helicopter. (within 15 meters).

Media:

Videos show the 1.0 version of the mod, some feature could be missing...

mini_6795622014120300001.jpg
mini_7048462014120300002.jpg
mini_1485942014120300003.jpg

Video by Halo-Roro :

Video by Drakeziel Mathis :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZC-msxBigig

Video by ToxicSludge :

Change log:

1.5.8.1   :

- Fixed   : Arma 3 bug (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T117357) who don't show the bench pod in 3den.
- Fixed   : Some typo in stringtables.xml.

- Changed : bikey to XENO_Taru_Pod_Mod_1.5.8.1.bikey.

1.5.8   :

- Fixed   : Conflict with TFAR mod.
 - Added   : Possibility to shorten or extend ropes (and the pod) to 10m at 100m.
- Fixed   : Some Zeus modules has their fonctionnality fixed.
- Added   : Icon for Ace3 actions and Zeus modules.
- Changed : The parachute pass now trought the pod during the landing to avoid glitch.

Old change log:

1.5.7.1 :

- Fixed   : Spam with the Vehiclechat.

- Fixed   : Order of detach the pod with AI not shown.
- Fixed   : Rapidity of self-actions with ACE3 increased, it should be more reactive the first time you attache a pod.
- Changed : bikey to XENO_Taru_Pod_Mod_1.5.7.1.bikey.

1.5.7 :

- Fixed   : Bugfix with the 1.58 release.
- Changed : bikey to XENO_Taru_Pod_Mod_1.5.7.bikey.

1.5.6 :

- Added      : Module with Zeus (Attach, Detach, Drop/Parachute, Hook). You can now do all actions the mod add when you are in Zeus. Go in Module -> XENO - Taru Pod Mod.
- Added      : In ACE Options, possibility to switch to ACE3 Self-Action or the Mouse Wheel Menu for the mod actions. (Default: Activated)
- Added      : Add the black taru in Zeus.
- Added      : Sound re added.
- Removed : Script version.

1.5.5 :

- Added   : German translation (Thx to zebra1993).

- Fixed   : Bugfix with the script version.

1.5.4 :

- Fixed : Bugfix with the new update of ACE3.

1.5.3 :
- Removed : Custom sound for servo that don't work for now and cause RPT.
- Fixed : Check if a pod is slingloaded before attach with CBA keybinding.

1.5.2 :
- Fixed : Wrong version uploaded -_-'
- Fixed : Custom sound for servo that don't work for now and cause RPT.

1.5.1 :
- Added : Compatibility with Ace3. (Use the interaction menu in the Taru)
- Fixed : The issue with the new system of keybinding of CBA3.
- Removed : Compatibility with AGM. (AGM team have moved to Ace3)

1.5 :
- Added : First iteration of a script version. (See the readme -Script for instructions)
- Fixed : Fix of the Fix for the broken ATRQ Rotor. (Fix for the Dev branch)
- Added : Possibility to order your Ai to attach, detach or drop pods. (See Usage for instructions)

1.4.2 :
- Fixed : Issue with mods that attach some object or whatever to the Taru (SOS Pure, for example).

1.4.1 :
- Fixed : Issue with the Advanced Flight Model who cause the Taru bump to Hell when you get out and get in with a pod attached.
- Changed : The way the Taru and pod are recognised, now with classname parent. (should improved compatibility with other mod with Taru...)

1.4 :
-Removed : Dependency to CBA, initialisaion of the mod moved to .fsm.
-Added : Shortcut with configuration in CBA "Configure addons" menu in options.
-Added : Integration with AGM who add a menu in self action. Shortcut in AGM Options.
-Added : Deactivation of CBA shortcut if AGM detected.
-Added : Message feedback in vehicle chat when Attach, Detach, Drop Pod with or without parachute.
-Added : Sound feedback.

1.3 :
-Added : Hotfix for the ATRQ Rotor bug until bohemia resolve it.
http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=21343#bugnotes

1.2 :
-Fixed : The way weight are calculated, should not pose problem in RotorLib now.
-Added : Compatibility with the JNS Skycranes by Jonpas Mod
-Fixed : Server Key, I hope...
-Added : Italian translation (Thx Rinkia)

1.1 :
-Added : Weight of pod when attached to the Taru.
-Added : Possibility to drop your pod who fall with a parachute (Height >= 70 m).
-Fixed : Invulnerability of the Taru when a pod is attached.

1.0 : First Version

Credits & Thanks:
Bis for the game.
Elovergil, Halo-Roro and Kralby for suggestion and help for testing.

Stinger for Icons.

The french community where I play, Foi de Canard (https://units.arma3.com/unit/fdc).
Rinkia for italian translation.

zebra1993 for german translation.

Download:

news_download_a3_3.png

banner-420x120.png

OneDrive link to 1.5.8.1

Availaible in SteamWorkshop too:
Steamworkshop link to 1.5.8.1

License:
APL-SA.png
This work is licensed under the Arma Public License Share Alike

Why Bohemia don't add this in vanilla:

I think its the real reason but I'm not a Bis developer ;).

mini_9834882014120300010.jpg
mini_6957262014120300011.jpg

As you could see in pics we see some parts of the helicopter through the pod, i think its the way the engine of Arma handle the perception of other object when you are in a vehicle.
I think it require some work to change the way the engine handle it just for this helicopter and its the reason bohemia don't want to do it...I think its understandable and i am rather happy they give us the tool to make it by modding ;).

Support :

If you want to help me out, to pay my bills or get some motivation, or just like the stuff I do here,
please consider to donate a small amount of money that is always handy to have. You would really help
me with this and EVERY donation is greatly appreciated! Thank you very much!

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

Another mod Taru related :

JNS Skycranes By Jonpas :
Who add the black variant of the Taru to NATO.
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?186479-JNS-Skycranes-%28NATO-Taru-Helicopters%29

Wow! Fantastic!

Oh wait... I need to buy this DLC!!! Great job anyways!

when i spawn a taru with cargo box in zeus, i cannot deattach it. and for the empty one,.. where do i get those boxes anyway?

New mod 1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@NorX_Aengell;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and soon also publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Tebsuuu in fact, there two version of the Taru, one with all the pod directly attached to the helicopter and you couldn't do nothing, my mod is for the second version of the Taru, the one with nothing under him...And the pod could be find under the support categories ;).

I hope i have answered has your questions.

Thx for PlaywithSix Sonsalt6 ;). And if anybody could confirm it work for Him ?. It's always a problem when you create an addon, you could never know if it really works for other :).

Edited by NorX_Aengell

Thanks for sending us the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Great mod. Finally the Taru is usable with its separated pods!

One feature request from me would be the ability to drop the pod from the air and it deploys a parachute.

That way you could drop off ammo without actually needing to land.

No bugs found so far. Keep up the good

Cool mod :)

I would like to see parachutes on the pods so we can drop them from the air.

Ty for the video Drakeziel, add it to media :).

In fact i have made an update who add the weight of the pod to your helico (thx to GiPPO for idea and command :)) and the possibility to Drop your pod with a parachute...

But my Addon Builder is fucked up with missing prerequisites, i will find a way to package the mod and up the update. By default i Have other translation like Russian,Italian,Spanish,German,Turkish,Czech, who have the default english translation for the moment, if anybody want to give me translation for this own language feel free, 'cause otherwise i will google translate them ^^.

Coud it be that there is a Problem with the .bikey file?

If I activate the signature verification on our server, the map doesn't load.

Otherwise it workes without signature verification.

Great mod!

One report to make: after lifting a pod and atatching it to the helicopter, it becomes invulnerable.

Also using AGM if that has something to do with it.

Thanks for sending us the newest release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thx FouxHound :). and thx ToxicSludge for the video presentation.

New version up.

1.1 :

-add : Weight of pod when attached to the Taru.

-add : Possibility to drop your pod who fall with a parachute (Height >= 70 m).

-Fixed : Invulnerability of the Taru when a pod is attached.

I've always need to know if the .bikey work ;).

Awesome mods, got a couple of questions though. ;)

I could look into it but the function is in French and my French est terrible. My main questions are, what way did you use to make this work, attachTo, replace the vehicle or...? Does the vehicle retain editor name and scripts attached to it? Does it only work for that one class or should it work for any classes inheriting from it (that last question mainly aimed for compatibility with my Skycranes)?

EDIT: I tested, it doesn't work by default with my Skycranes mod, would you be willing to contribute for compatibility? I can either include the script or make another optional compatibility pbo, script would be better if you are willing to share it though. Please PM me or use this issue.

Also one bug I found (if its a bug), heli with sling-loaded pod and heli with the pod attached have different weight. It's impractical for RotorLib especially.

Edited by Jonpas

Thx kecharles28 for the update, add it to the first post ;).

Jonpas I don't have tested it with the rotor lib :s...

Its normal it don't work by default with your mod, cause it detect the helicopter by his classname, and he should be different with your helicopters ^^.

I can make it compatible, for your question it's globally with an attachto and some particularity...

When you slingload a pod or whatever the mass is added to your heli, but when you attachto him the mass disapear and I need to add it with a custom weight,

For the RotorLib I will find what is weird...

Nice mod by the way, i want to do this after this mod to add the black variant to the CSAT himSelf...Don't know why bohemia don't have done this as with the kajman or the other light helo...

Awesome! And thanks for the explanation, it's pretty neat work. ;)

It's not much yet, just black variants on BLUFOR side, BI just released PSD files for the Taru, I am looking for community made textures to replace and include.

You are free to use my config from my GitHub Repistory, it's APL-SA licensed, feel free to use it as long as you credit me.

What's the possibility of getting your config/script so I can include it in my mod as well (then we can be the ultimate Taru team <.<)? I think if I add the same script it shouldn't cause any script issues as the scripts are called from the helicopter itself with CBA XEH, right?

Rotorlib fixed...I have changed the way the weight is calculated and added, its more accurate and you should fly with no prob now :p.

Added the compatibility with your mod, but if you want to include the script himself you can as long as you credit me :).

If you need assistance to integrate him ask me.

For your code i have already planned to add the black version of the Taru to CSAT for the 1.2 but thx for your proposition ^^.

And yeah update soon :).

Nice work, you are fast! :D

I probably won't include the script myself as your mod does exactly what's needed. When you do black version of the Taru, I strongly suggest you put them into separate "Air" category (make a new one, for example "Air (Taru Black)". Bohemia didn't add it because Editor and Zeus interfaces would get clogged up very fast due to many variants of the Taru.

Edited by Jonpas