dimitri_harkov

[DA3] The Congo Crisis

Time for an update!

The Bazooka by BabylonJoke finally made it to the ArmA3-version:

m7szNk0l.jpg

While not usefull against most tanks anymore, it still comes handy in many situations.

A very nice FN Browning HP by Mr.Rifleman in the early stages of import:

ysiG5sKl.jpg

Not very spectacular, but very handy in most missions:

mnYAK9vl.jpg

A 'Radio Station' - in fact a desk with a radio where you can sit down to contact the guys at the front (it has TFAR features enabled).

The Radio has been made by Lodu and is a port from the A2 version,as is the GMC truck in the background by Waxbutter.

Ignore those infantry models in the pics, btw ;)

Krätzer has been busy providing the French armed factions with a new toy - have a look at a W.I.P high poly of the famous MAT-49:

6FthTK8l.jpg

Other updates include rifle grenades, additions to the map and one or two very nice surprises by our most friendly modding team from Sweden, the guys from the Swedish Forces Pack :)

Cheers,

D.

Edited by Dimitri_Harkov

Hey nice equipment mate looks superb, hope that carabiner (like m1-carbine or m2 maybe the m1 garand too) will be implemented ,that would be nice and gives tactical firefights.

Really great looking stuff, while i' m the first one to crave for present day guns/equipment/vehicles etc we also need more of this, a lot!:cool:

@stephsen: I have some M1s at my disposal and they will make it into the mod at some point.

@Tsark: thanks :)

Meanwhile, a pic of the aforetime mentioned rifle grenade, together with an earlier G3 (grenade ist my own work; G3 is a modified model originally done by Vilas):

KeNeLDQl.jpg

Cheers,

D.

Well, it has been a while, but we have not been idle:

The awesome guys over at the German Forgotten Hope Warzone Community let me organize another test campaign using the mod's assets.

I think it was a great success, both entertaining the players and providing me with invaluable feedback and bug-hunting along the way.

The campaign and player wishes often caused not-too-historic stuff to be intruduced into the mod for gameplay reasons, but I think the added delay pays off.

Some things that made it into the mod:

Static weapons (BI ports), mortars, small arms, tons of helmet and uniform variants (Mostly by Kraetzer but also by my humble self):

sxiLMa3.jpg

... of course utilizing many of the new features introduced in recent patches, like fully working bipods:

g0VA9F3.jpg

While still WIP, an icon of aviation history made it into the mod, thanks to the awesome guys of The Unsung:

TXomk8g.jpg

Also WIP, one of some variants of armed jeeps:

6u3LI7M.jpg

Also in the works are several planes and cars, while I try to polish and enhance some of the older stuff.

The map made good progress as well, but I am not sure how to continue it with A3's addon on the horizont.

Everything is TFAR, ASR_AI and AGM compatible (and will, at least in parts, be ACE3 compatible). No JSRS support yet, but I plan to add that as well.

Cheers,

D.

This looks amazing, I already can't wait to try it out with a group of like 20 of my clanmates :D Good luck to the mod!

nice to see the mod is still alive , good job Dimitri :ok:

Looks very nice!

Nice to see an update, it's lookin' great!

+1 looks great.... Don't worry about the expansion... bl--dy ages away..if it offers asset improvements, easy to find replace on the class names.

I love This mod since it was anounced , i expect to see some cool soviet assests From the guerrilas ! Do You pretend to launch a open beta in This year ?

Thanks for the positive comments :)

Do You pretend to launch a open beta in This year ?

Well, the mod already offers quite a lot of gameplay possibilities, but it's always a tough decission if/when to go 'beta'.

I guess it is too early yet, as people would probably be disappointed by unfinished and/or lack of content.

If there'll be a beta by the end of the year: no idea. It would be nice but I really can not say.

Cheers,

D.

>2015 

Probably safe to assume so until otherwise proven wrong 

3 hours ago, radioheadmemes said:

Is this mod dead?

As we have had no updates since 2015, its safe to say its dead. If the author wishes to re-open the thread, please contact the moderating team.