dimitri_harkov

[DA3] The Congo Crisis

That would be easy enough it seems, but I am not sure if it's worth the effort at the moment, as LJ's new soundmod is probably out before [DA3]tCC has been released and unlikely to be compatible. But I will certainly keep that in mind.

Hey, on that matter:

14. Full support of JSRS2.2 sound effects. If you have Mod weapons using JSRS sounds or entries, you can just switch to DFyre without a CFG change

Cheers

Wonderful I was searching some mod to create a mission about " Opération dragon rouge" and " Opération dragon noir" !! Your mod is timely !! :D

@Grumpy Old Man:

Cheers! Thanks for the heads-up - that will make it easier indeed :)

@Bilu90:

The APL troops were not on the top of my list (since I want to cover the Katanga secession fist), but it should not be too hard to do them.

Most seem to have worn at least parts of ANC uniforms.

Cheers,

D.

@Bilu90:

The APL troops were not on the top of my list (since I want to cover the Katanga secession fist), but it should not be too hard to do them.

Most seem to have worn at least parts of ANC uniforms.

Cheers,

D.

I will adapt myself according to what you will release ! If need, I will change a little the reality but trying to stay as close as possible to the reality.

Very exiting about this mod ! :D

Awesome work, love that Jeep. :cool:

Can't find the pictures. I swore they uploaded lots before but here's a video :)

Typical weapons for Irish UN troops were: FN-FAL, Gustav M/45 SMG, Bren gun LMG, Carl Gustav launcher.

Great, can't wait to play mods based on cold war era conflicts :)

Hello, this mod looks very promising and definitely a change from what we' re used to see, It reminds me in some ways from the Tonal atmosphere even though iirc it is not the same time period, best of luck with the mod.

Yess. This looks amazing. We need more stuff like that. Always. Fresh air in the arma monotony.

This will be great, I can't wait! (Also, can we expect to see Simbas at one point?)

Edited by Bullsh

Yes, the Armée Populaire de Libération will be included at some point.

But as said before, the first release will be Katanga-themed.

Cheers,

D.

yeah this got a thread.. I need to provide you with more stuff. Think you wanted the combat vests stuff right?

Love esp the first screenshot!

Yeah, I talked about "... those characteristic large Swedish [ammo] pouches ..." (those? The pic is from the Suez crisis, but I guess they are the same in the Congo), while you mentioned an unspecified pistol (Lahti Husqvarna m/40?).

But no hurries or worries. I'm more than happy to get anything you might offer at any time of your choice. And if not, you already helped a lot with that excellent Kpist :)

Cheers,

D.

Dimitri: congratz on this new initiative. After a great start the RWO (Real-World Operations) project for A2/OA seems to have considerably slowed. But it was a unique and welcome effort. I'm proud to see that you're bringing it over to A3. I agree with others that these cold war conflicts, received far less attention than those of the 'great' superpowers. Some call them dirty wars. I think that this is disrespectful to both sides as thousands died. The 50s, 60s and 70s were littered with such conflicts. I think that the Tonal mod for OFP was one of the finest attempts at re-creating the harsh realities of guerilla war in colonial and post-colonial Africa. I hope that the AiA and CUP projects help you in your endeavour. Bravo!

This looks great, looking forward to it. Would be a good setting for Alive missions.

Thanks guys!

@domokun: Indeed, so many unexplored conflicts out there. Korea, Suez Crisis, Algeria, Vietnam (French Phase), Indo-Pakistani conflicts...

So many ideas, so little time :/

But thanks to GranQ and his collegues from the Swedish Forces Pack team (check it out!), I have something new to show:

9NIdHral.jpg

Swedish UN checkpoint

Many thanks go to Sweden - and I have the feeling there is more to come... :)

Meanwhile, work on the map and the other factions continues.

Cheers,

D.

Edited by Dimitri_Harkov
my bad - it's the Swedish Forces Pack! :)

eh, we prefer to refer to us as the Swedish Forces Pack.. just for the record :)

and indeed more things will come :p

Looks good, exciting with an often overseen time period and region.

Very nice idea this mod,I'll Bookmark and monitor the topic of the corner of my eye ^^

And for our legionnaires friends : "Legio Patria Nostra"