Sign in to follow this  
austin_medic

[RELEASE] Fuel Dumping

Fuel Dumping

by

austin_medic

Since the advanced flight model takes fuel on board into account when picking up vehicles and ammo crates, I decided to create a script that would let you dump fuel from the helicopter to lighten the load.

Usage is simple, merge my init.sqf with yours and put the scripts included inside the root mission folder. As long as the vehicle is a helicopter or jet the pilot will be able to get rid of extra fuel with the addaction.

It also comes with a particle effect that supposed to simulate fuel falling to the ground out the back of the helicopter (or jet)

Mirrors:

Dropbox

Armaholic

Edited by austin_medic

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Como stuff dude.

Does change handling in fixed wing aircraft?

Como stuff dude.

Does change handling in fixed wing aircraft?

no it doesn't, advanced flight model only works on helicopters I think, and the jet flight model is pretty much botched about as much as it could get and still function.

Pretty interesting 0_o do we know values/how much weight we have to lose or is it auto?

You dump the fuel manually, it slowly decreases the amount in the tank over time and the pilot needs to stop it with the action menu.

Also I think it doesn't need less fuel to pick up objects, you can do that with a full tank, but it might be easier to maneuver in the air with less fuel.

Gotcha. Was just wondering if you would know the minimum weight we'd have to lose in order to become the same weight as original.

Doesn't matter though, nice job.