Sign in to follow this  
zulu1

Operation Left Hook

Here is a new mission that I cooked up over the Thanksgiving weekend. For lack of a better name I am calling it Operation Left Hook. It is set on Everon and you start in Montignac and you must take two objectives. First is a Russian camp and second clear the Russians from the town of Le Moule.

There is a briefing, gear selection at start, intro scene with music and an end with an outro.

No Addons are required.

Scripts used:

AI Movements by Michael(zonekiller) and Strango

RandomSelect by Daddldiddl

VehicleTracker by TargetPractice

Smoking Vehicles by Victor

FirstAid by General Barron

TransportBox by MadMax

Fountain Scripts by Harkonin

The AI scripts make it more difficult and more of a challenge. They hunt you down and use flanking maneuvers.

I hope you like it and provide some feedback.

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/qj5k59hgeiz0hpk/Operation+Left+Hook.Eden_1.1_Final.rar

updated to 1.1 absolute last and final update. :)

Edited by Zulu1
updated

I'm after my first, failed, try - I saw beautiful grenade coming to me, and it exploded. :) Taking out the camp may be a challenge for me, because I prefer sniping targets from distance, but here there's no chance to do that - camp is on a hill.

There's really only one issue - action menu gets spammed with "Use medkit" option, when you're near your team buddies.

I'm after my first, failed, try - I saw beautiful grenade coming to me, and it exploded. :) Taking out the camp may be a challenge for me, because I prefer sniping targets from distance, but here there's no chance to do that - camp is on a hill.

There's really only one issue - action menu gets spammed with "Use medkit" option, when you're near your team buddies.

The spamming is because I applied the First Aid script to all of the units so when others are close it shows on your menu also.

The best tactic is to position your squad in a standoff position a good distance from the camp and the town. I used detection triggers so once your spotted they start to come after you. So with you squad located you now want to get spotted, then run for cover and let them come to you. Armour acts the same so make sure you have plenty of launchers. Of course there will be units in both the camp and town you need to move in and clean them up. Using this the camp is pretty easy to defeat. The town is a lot tougher and will take more time. Remember the Russians have had plenty of time to take up defensive positions in the town. :wink_o:

Ok I removed the first aid from all but the player. I also fixed the timing of the radio chat. New link in the first post.

Edited by Zulu1

Nice one, Zulu1! :) I downloaded the mission yesterday and played it a while ago. I managed to finish it without major difficulties: while seizing the camp is fairly easy, clearing Le Moule is definitely more challenging. The mission is simple in its concept, yet fun to play. It also makes good use of some community-made scripts. I see you fixed the "Use medikit" bug and I'm glad. I have only one minor thing to report: in the fist version that you uploaded there was no overview, could you add one? Aside from that, it's a very nice mission.

Nice one, Zulu1! :) I downloaded the mission yesterday and played it a while ago. I managed to finish it without major difficulties: while seizing the camp is fairly easy, clearing Le Moule is definitely more challenging. The mission is simple in its concept, yet fun to play. It also makes good use of some community-made scripts. I see you fixed the "Use medikit" bug and I'm glad. I have only one minor thing to report: in the fist version that you uploaded there was no overview, could you add one? Aside from that, it's a very nice mission.

Thanks krzychuzokecia and L.K. for trying this. I added an overview as you suggested. Also some sneaky bastard :j: pointed out a weakness in my layout. I think I have more than fixed that now too.

Try it now Faguss :nerner: :cheers:

Fixed mission end so that both objectives must be completed and you must fight to sneak up on the town from other routes.

Last and final update in first post. Time to move on to another. Maybe a sniper mission for krzychuzokecia :shoot:

Edited by Zulu1

played your mission zulu1,

good mission,town battle is too much scary.bullets coming from houses,