Sign in to follow this  
byteslam

What makes the server apear yellow with?

OS Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64

I installed the Linux server via steam, started it and all was fine, even with my configuration etc.

But somthing changed (and I am wondering what) which turns the server now appearing as yellow with (?)

- I reinstalled arma via steam (removed all files before)

- I removed all missions

- I started with vanilla config

Any idea? the older posts here are reffering only to Arma2

Thx

But that (in my experience) you are running allowed mods and can still join.

Yes I know, but I did not changed anything in terms of Mods (there are non and I start the server also without the "mod=".

It just turned yellow while I was just restarting it for a new map (which I removed to be sure it is not the reason)

My server shows up with a yellow circle and a ? in it aswell. No idea why this is...

If I use remote and connect direct it has a green circle.

My server config:

steamPort = 8766;
hostName = "-NLU- Tank'n'Spank Dutch Wasteland Altis v1.0b [3PP:ON|FULLSAVE:ON|ATM:ON]";
password = "";
passwordAdmin = "**";
logFile = "a3_prod_console.log";

motd[] = {
""
};
motdInterval = 120;

maxPlayers = 50;
kickduplicate = 1;
verifySignatures = 2;
requiredSecureId = 2;

voteMissionPlayers = 3;
voteThreshold = 1.5;

disableVoN = 1;
vonCodecQuality = 10;
persistent = 1;
timeStampFormat = "short";
BattlEye = 1;

guaranteedUpdates = false;
// guaranteedUpdates = true;

doubleIdDetected = "";
onUserConnected = "";
onUserDisconnected = "";
onHackedData = "kick (_this select 0)";
onDifferentData = "";
onUnsignedData = "kick (_this select 0)";
regularCheck = "";

//HC
//headlessClients[]={"192.168.0.100","83.87.255.243","127.0.0.1"};
//localClient[]={192.168.0.100,83.87.255.243,127.0.0.1};

class Missions
{
class Mission_1
{

template = "ArmA3_Wasteland_v1_NLU.Altis";
	difficulty = "Regular";
};
};

I found the reason... id I take out "curator" it works and the server is green.

As soon as I include it I have the issue. Is there anything special in the linux version which could cause the issue? without the currator, I can not run Coop missions like co60_AW_Invade_Annex

A Yellow server is always bad cause it wont get a lot of gamers.

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

its not the server config...the currator causes it...as soon I remove the symlink or the directory itself it works...but it is delivered by steam with the standard config so I guess it should work

i have also an ubuntu server with 14.04 and its not yellow and i do have curator on. did you update your server already to the latest arma version?

this is how I update my server

@ShutdownOnFailedCommand 1

login mysteamID PassWD

force_install_dir /home/arma3/arma3/install

app_update 233780 validate

quit

Is there somthing wrong?

At the moment the server is green but i removed all standard addons like currator, helis, karts

My server usually doesn't even show just after I restarted it, it will only show when the mission is started.

But anyway, mine shows yellow all the time. No idea why. Almost all servers show yellow for me.

thats probably the case with the three mods... I just recognized it when I simply forgot to symlink to the three mod folders (helis,currator,karts) all was fine but I was unable not run co60_AW_Invade_Annex Coop mission...

it basicaly means the server is not running exactly the same as you, typically a different mod folder.

Every time B.I releases a dlc pack there is a new folder created. If you are batch copying from master install folder (Instead of mirroring) then often the additional new folder is overlooked and the batch needs a small amount of edting

Also afaik -mod= is not the same as no -mod line.

This was introduced where instances of a Steam client had been installed on a server and also a dedicated server package via the steam command.

Due to some registry issue the steam client ArmA3 data was loaded instead of the dedi server package.

The new Headless Client system will be introduced on stable branch soon, this does not require the A3 client install and therefore removes any requirement for the Steam Client on the server.

It is highly recommended to (AND IN THIS ORDER)

1) UnInstall A3

2) Uninstall the steam client

3) re-install A3 using the steam command.

Running the dedi server package used to cause the yellow button, but afaik this has be resolved now.

If you are running -mods on the server that the clients don't require, you can throw these into the root addon folder, however this is not best practice.

Clientside addons like JSRS, WarFX don't need to be run on the server and in fact shouldn't be, you just need to support them by hosting their BiKeys

Hope that helps you resolve your issue

Thanks Terox,

I did this exactly in this order, no change. Please note it is a LINUX server not a Windows!

However, as soon as I remove the "standard mods heli, kart, currator" the server appears green.

I also started all out of one directory with the vanilla config, no change. I think it is an issue with the linux version in general.

Do I need Key files for this standard mods?

So after spending my weekend almost with this, I give up for now.

I will try again to setup a Linux dedicated Server if someone can confirm me, that the current Linux release checked out with steam is working and the server is shown as green...:confused:

you dont need to define these "Standard" mods, they are BIS content and load what they need too automatically serverside

The -mod line is used to load additional 3rd party content made by the community

Thanks, that`s what I thought but as all the information are spread and sometimes old, it was a question, but anyway it did not changed anything.

In the meantime I setup a Windows instance via KVM to operate the server, the bad thing is that I can not manage it via the website by php...SO I still hope for a full working Linux release soon.

Some more findings, If I use the "steamcmd" downloaded Arma3 Server, I got the same yellow Marker. I then installed a full steam client, used my normal cedentials to download and install a full copy of ArmA3 and voila all is fine.

So the problem is the version delivered with the steamcmd on Linux and on Windows as well... perhaps someone from the development can take a look...