Sign in to follow this  
austin_medic

[RELEASE]Zeus Mission Builder

Zeus Mission Builder

by

austin_medic

I decided to sit down today to try and get a script together that can save zeus missions into .SQM format. This is the result.

It's somewhat simple how it works, it rips out values from what you've done in game then it transfers them into .SQM format (using copytoclipboard) so you can load them in like they're editor made missions, only with zeus. This allows you to mainly set up more complex bases and placement of infantry without the hassle of finding the sweet spot since the 2d editor is not on a 1 to 1 scale.

There does appear to be a bit of a bug with zeus in the editor or SP. When trying to move > 1 object at once it screws up (at least for me) and clusters them all together, sending things with physics flying in random directions at supersonic speeds. Though it doesn't always do it for me, which makes it even more weird.

Update V1.1:

Added support for ammoboxes. Simply fill up abox in zeus and the script will do all the work for you.

mini-update v1.2

added functionality for enablesimulation false automation

Update V1.3:

small code optimizations.

Update V1.4:

code optimization and fixes.

Ammobox functionality is basically useless with its ridiculously long compile time since arrays have complicated structures and take a long time to be written out - Don't use it.

ticket for the fix of object warping

Mirrors:

Dropbox (v1.4 link)

Steam Workshop (v1.4 link)

Armaholic (v1.3)

Source

Edited by austin_medic

will check it out It is a shame that BOHEMIA never put the time into a really 3D editor and save functions for the game.

will check it out It is a shame that BOHEMIA never put the time into a really 3D editor and save functions for the game.

I think it's planned, who knows we might still get it

@DreadedEntity lets hope so! and for them to added ARMA2 content into ARMA3.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Today I sat down and added in support for ammo boxes. Simply stick a box down in zeus, fill it with guns and ammo, then export the mission, and it will fill up that ammo boxes initilization field with all your stuff for you. It should be noted that my method for doing this is kinda sloppy and the format command takes a LONG time to stick larger arrays inside the vehicle init variable so it can be used later (just to fill 1 box for me with about 30 items total took about 43 seconds).

Dropbox Link:

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

Edited by Guest
updated with hotfix

errr..... I may have had a minor logic failure when I wrote that code and uploaded it...

I for some reason decided it'd be smart to empty the ammo box of all items inside, before I saved a bunch of empty arrays because the box was empty.

- Fixed the ammobox code saving nothing but empty arrays

hotfix v2 here

Edited by austin_medic

Thanks austin_medic, this is great!

I tried to make your script work for Sarhani by changing the 'a3_altis' map references to 'aia_sarhani' in the mission.sqf but to no avail.

Any thoughts on what else I need to do to get this to work for another map?

Thanks!

I tried to make your script work for Sarhani by changing the 'a3_altis' map references to 'aia_sarhani' in the mission.sqf but to no avail.

Thanks!

Just move the necessary files to your mission folder for the other map?

Thanks!

I'll upload the scripts themselves when I get some time (or you could just depbo the mission and copy all files but mission.sqm into your mission for the other map and it'd probably function the same).

mini-update (v1.2)

that adds functionality to automate the process of doing enablesimulation false on particular object classes - define the classnames of objects in the array thats in init.sqf, and the script will add enablesimultation false on all objects that have the classname.

Hey there, thanks for adding this. A couple questions so i can understand your setup better:

-Whats the difference from these and MCC? (not being a smart ass, just trying to understand if there are any differences)

-Does this save only zues placed items, or all items in the mission itself? For example, if i have build a mission half way, and then open zues to tweak new units/objects, will this script save only the zues items or all items?

Thanks

Hey there, thanks for adding this. A couple questions so i can understand your setup better:

-Whats the difference from these and MCC? (not being a smart ass, just trying to understand if there are any differences)

-Does this save only zues placed items, or all items in the mission itself? For example, if i have build a mission half way, and then open zues to tweak new units/objects, will this script save only the zues items or all items?

Thanks

1. This is a script, not a mod. My script also supports some functionality that MCC doesn't have (such as filling up ammo boxes using zeus).

2. The script should save everything that was placed already.

There does appear to be a bit of a bug with zeus in the editor or SP. When trying to move > 1 object at once it screws up (at least for me) and clusters them all together, sending things with physics flying in random directions at supersonic speeds. Though it doesn't always do it for me, which makes it even more weird.

Hey Austin, its a known bug with a few things in zeus atm. not sure if its from some mods, or it is in vanilla by default.

1. This is a script, not a mod. My script also supports some functionality that MCC doesn't have (such as filling up ammo boxes using zeus).

2. The script should save everything that was placed already.

Thanks for the details.

Hey,

i have a problem when i got use the addaction save after i build something and go back into the 2d editor he doesnt save that. Do i anything false ?

Hey,

i have a problem when i got use the addaction save after i build something and go back into the 2d editor he doesnt save that. Do i anything false ?

You need to wait until it tells you it's finished. Having some paitence is important because if its a full-scale mission then its gonna take a few minutes to compile (during which it will appear like its doing nothing,but it is)

You need to wait until it tells you it's finished. Having some paitence is important because if its a full-scale mission then its gonna take a few minutes to compile (during which it will appear like its doing nothing,but it is)

Hey austin, your're more than welcome to use my Load Effect code (linked in my signature) or an alteration of it to give the players some sort of visual conformation that something is happening in the background. You don't have to of course, just a suggestion :).

Hey i tried it again. I waited 5 minutes but nothing happenend :(

btw i tried it on bornholm

Try it without ammo boxes.

Edited by austin_medic

Hey Austin, very nice tool you've made. I have a couple bugs I'm running into though. The first one has to do with ammo crates that have been edited through Arsenal. I get "Error Generic error in expression" at addWeaponCargo. The other issue I'm having is I can't find a way to continue editing something you have already saved, even when using the ADV Zeus Script (can't link it cause my needs to be a day old, but it attempts to make all objects editable by zeus) all the things I previously placed are untouchable. The mission also never successfully saves if I try editing a previously saved sqm. (Edit: Looks like it doesn't save if there is an ammo box present. Still no avail in attempting to make the objects editable)

The only other issue I'm running into probably doesn't relate to your script, a vast majority of objects can't be placed through zeus, even though you can view them in the arsenal, etc. If anyone has any advice regarding that I'd appreciate it.

Being able to edit a saved mission would make the editing process a lot less of a hassle and being able to edit the contents of crates is why I picked up this script, so I hope it's possible to work the kinks out. Great work so far, the code is clean and well written.

Edited by Kieranator