Sign in to follow this  
.kju

Community Upgrade Project - Weapon Pack

Arma 3 Deluxe Edition v. 1.14? Are u serious? That was clever dude ^^

Lol, 40 euros is too much for me now, same as arma 2 i bought it when it became cheaper, before that played pirate version. In my country 40 euros is like 1\5 of usuall sallary, when it bocomes around 20-25 i`ll buy it, same as arma 2.

When u havent enough money you need to earn it. The step to Pirate Games isnt a good decision. I wonder what you do when u dont get a girl which you want... Did you slap her face then?

When u havent enough money you need to earn it. The step to Pirate Games isnt a good decision. I wonder what you do when u dont get a girl which you want... Did you slap her face then?

"slap her face" what a retarded thought. I feel very sorry for you if only way you can get girls is for money, or if you slap theyre faces if haven`t enough. I use my charisma and seducing skills for that.

And tell what is the good step to play game when it costs so much that you can`t afford it?

i think the community wont help you to fix problems with your pirated version....

Nevermind admitting you stole something in the owner's backyard....

In my country 40 euros is like 1\5 of usuall sallary

DX11 - Using DXGI adapter 0.
   - adapter description : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670

How many month's salary was that then?

So let me check for you your salary is about 200€ ? So if you are romanian or russian steam made some special price for those country who have some economic difficulty !

And let me guess you have 14 years old and you play on altis life but you don't want to pay that's all !

Shall we now get back on Topic, the offender with the illegal copy has now been dealt with.

Is there a specific PBO that can be removed from the CUP weapons pack to remove the units that have been setup with the weapons on them. Trying to help prevent cluttering up the MCC/editor menus.

Is there a specific PBO that can be removed from the CUP weapons pack to remove the units that have been setup with the weapons on them. Trying to help prevent cluttering up the MCC/editor menus.

+1 would appreciate such a config, or even a replacement config for vanilla A3 factions.

The easier solution would be a simple config pbo that hides the desired content from Zeus (scopeCurator= 0).

I don't really understand why addon makers still do this, what with the introduction of the Virtual Arsenal. Hell, even just slapping the weapons into an ammo crate does the trick. Cluttering the editor with more units etc. is just unnecessary and is more coding for the authors.

I don't really understand why addon makers still do this, what with the introduction of the Virtual Arsenal. Hell, even just slapping the weapons into an ammo crate does the trick. Cluttering the editor with more units etc. is just unnecessary and is more coding for the authors.

And more coding to remove their factions/units on each new version. Erh.

Not sure if you guys are interested, but your guy's flares are kinda... meh.

If you'd like flares that actually light up the terrain around you. Here's something to help. Of course, adjust to your liking.

This current set up makes the flares last 2 minutes (Most flares last 2-5 minutes) and are also MUCH brighter. Flare in real life are fucking BRIGHT.

class CfgAmmo

{

class Flarecore;

class CUPFlare: Flarecore

{

timeToLive = 120; // How long Flare's Last in seconds

muzzleEffect = "BIS_fnc_effectFiredRifle";

intensity = 80000; // Not quite sure, but it's how bright the overall flare is. Higher = more

};

class CUP_F_40mm_White: CUPFlare

{

model = "\A3\Weapons_F\Ammo\UGL_Flare";

lightColor[] = {0.5,0.5,0.5,0.5};

useFlare = 1;

deflecting = 30;

smokeColor[] = {1,1,1,0.5};

effectFlare = "CounterMeasureFlare";

brightness = 50; // How much brighter it lights up the area around the flare. Higher = more

size = 1;

triggerTime = 3; // How long after leaving tube does it ignite

triggerSpeedCoef = 1;

};

class CUP_F_40mm_Green: CUPFlare

{

lightColor[] = {0.25,0.5,0.25,0};

useFlare = 1;

deflecting = 30;

brightness = 50;

size = 1;

triggerTime = 3;

triggerSpeedCoef = 1;

};

class CUP_F_40mm_Red: CUPFlare

{

lightColor[] = {0.5,0.25,0.25,0};

useFlare = 1;

deflecting = 30;

brightness = 50;

size = 1;

triggerTime = 3;

triggerSpeedCoef = 1;

};

class CUP_F_40mm_Yellow: CUPFlare

{

lightColor[] = {0.5,0.5,0.25,0};

useFlare = 1;

deflecting = 30;

brightness = 50;

size = 1;

triggerTime = 3;

triggerSpeedCoef = 1;

};

Edited by Karneck

You do realize that the factions that are part of CUP right now are placeholders for when they get to replacing the skins on them?

Although, I don't understand why the CUP weapon pack includes these placeholders..I feel like they should've been seperated. Have a @CUP_weaponspack (just example) and then when the new skins, vehicles and such get added, the full @CUP pack.

And as to understanding why addon makers do this, I don't know any other >>weapons<< pack that adds in placeholder troops w/ those weapons, but with mods like new units/skin packs, you're forgetting about the co-op perspective.

Predefined groups and factions make it easier for the mission editor to set up enemy AI w/ variety weapons - Especially on bigger scale co-ops (I've made coops with > 200 AI) and using virtual arsenal to equip enemy AI would take forever (and don't even know if that's possible because I barely use VA).

Now CUP weapons pack is an exception because the factions they added use the same units as their main faction on that side (Blufor -> Nato, Opfor -> Csat, Indfor -> Aaf)

I for one am waiting for those units to be replaced (e.g. I want Taki militia to actually look like militants, and then I will start using this pack), and I know this will happen (according to CUP's future plans)

I decided to go in depth because you mentioned multiple addon makers, though I think CUP is an exception on this subject.

Kind regards ;)

Sanchez

The units are in the CUP weapons pack so that everyone can use them easily without having to use VA or adding gear with scripts.

I for one am waiting for those units to be replaced (e.g. I want Taki militia to actually look like militants, and then I will start using this pack), and I know this will happen (according to CUP's future plans)

Work for that is underway:

CUP_German_KSK_blend.jpg

This is the German KSK soldier, cleaned up from the pre-defined vests etc, and restructured to fit the default vests (black wireframe is the sample vest from the Tools package). It just takes ages to do this, and in the case of the KSK rifleman I had to unwrap it again because otherwise I had a lot of distortion on the textures due to the rearranging of vertices to fit the Arma 3 base model.

Most of the XM8 series of rifles have permanently fixed scopes. Will this be made different by applying the same rails that the [Railed] version has to allow other scopes? Like the M320, SAW and Sharpshooter versions.

A small bug I found;

The K series of the G36 with the attached optics projects the LOS of the top optic as a transparent (barely noticeable) cylinder to whatever surface it's pointed at along with the reticle's position which shows up as a darker gray mark. Video demonstrating this below.

The "transparent cylinder" may not show up very well in the video though.

Edited by Nullrick

I've spotted a small bug as well.

Yesterday on our dedicated - 1 player was up ahead of me about 120m with the L115+LRPS scope - as he was running along I noticed a largish (as long as the player at that range) grey/white texture box that game out of the gun at the same angle as the weapon being carried. As i got closer I could see it was caused I think by the Scope that had a "Grey Texture box" in it's place on top of the gun, i.e. no scope just a grey box.

It might be something on the LRPS scope, which I know is not CUP, OR could it be something to do with being attached to the CUP L115 ?

I couldn't get a screenshot as it was a bit hectic, but someone else may have spotted this too.

Hey folks, might have ran into a pretty hefty bug, after dismounting the GOSHAWK scope from the ak74 my action menu was killed, turned completely unfunctional.

When dropping scope and weapon my fps dropped from 60 all the way down to 10-14fps when looking at the weapon on the ground.

Otherwise great mod, good to have these toys to play with!

Cheers

Hi folks, just curious if somebody found a temporary workaround for missing muzzleflashes? Apart from adding and removing suppressor, maybe there is other ways like changing some value in config of certain weapon? :)

Hey folks, might have ran into a pretty hefty bug, after dismounting the GOSHAWK scope from the ak74 my action menu was killed, turned completely unfunctional.

When dropping scope and weapon my fps dropped from 60 all the way down to 10-14fps when looking at the weapon on the ground.

Hm, weird. I'll try to reproduce this.

Note that I had disfunctional action menus frequently since the last patch, also without CUP. Sometimes our medics just can't do anything anymore and are playing an endless "healing beep".

Hi folks, just curious if somebody found a temporary workaround for missing muzzleflashes? Apart from adding and removing suppressor, maybe there is other ways like changing some value in config of certain weapon? :)

I'm sure it is a bug in the engine, and it also doesn't work with BIS' sample model. There is nothing to be done in the config, anything would need to change both the config (selectionFireAnim) as well as the muzzleFlash proxy. As I can see it, until you put a silencer on it, the muzzle flash only works if it is called "zasleh".

As I said, quite sure it is a bug in Arma, and there is no quick fix unless I'd go over all my models again (all, like, 200 or so of them) and fix them all.