Sign in to follow this  
.kju

Community Upgrade Project - Weapon Pack

Wonderful release, guys.

However, the rockets seem to do too little damage. A Javelin was unable to take out a HEMTT and a Stinger couldn't down an MD-900 (it just killed the rotors but the crew could land safely and get out every time.) Everything else seems a little underpowered.

Also, the AT4 is reloadable.

When using the Virtual Ammobox (VAS) in missions, it seems like some of the CUP weapons don't show their compatible attachments properly; the Arma 3 weapons, when selected in VAS, have a list of suitable attachment, such as scopes, but for the CUP weapons I tested, no scopes appear.

I appreciate that the VAS is not your mod, but thought I'd report it here as it might be something to do with how scopes are configured, and perhaps you would know.

When using the Virtual Ammobox (VAS) in missions, it seems like some of the CUP weapons don't show their compatible attachments properly; the Arma 3 weapons, when selected in VAS, have a list of suitable attachment, such as scopes, but for the CUP weapons I tested, no scopes appear.

I appreciate that the VAS is not your mod, but thought I'd report it here as it might be something to do with how scopes are configured, and perhaps you would know.

I think it's VAS not supporting Joint Rails mod.

I think it's VAS not supporting Joint Rails mod.

Check VAS thread, I have provided code in there to make VAS fully JR compatible by using my attachment function. Sorry for the OT.

Wow!

Work takes me away from A3 for most of the year and this is what I find when I get back? Christmas is in a couple of weeks, or is it.... TODAY? :D

Awesome work, .kju! When I scratch up a few spare shillings after the holidays I'll be making a donation.

Check VAS thread, I have provided code in there to make VAS fully JR compatible by using my attachment function. Sorry for the OT.

Thanks, will have a look.

Hi, love all the CUP stuff but i have noticed that none of the weapons can utilise AGM's barrel swapping (but still suffer from overheating).

It would be great if this functionality could be added to the allow interaction of the spare barrel with CUP's weapons.

Keep up the great work and thankyou!!!!!

Vex

:)

Got a very strange issue with CUP recently : i don't have muzzleflashes anymore. The weapon only produce smoke.
Same here. Just noticed that muzzleflashes are gone from all weapons.

Love the pack, working on making the re-write of Aggressors dependent on your weapons, however I cannot seem to find them in six updater to create a custom repo for my testers... No idea why.

@ Ohally

Happy to hear and most appreciated! :bounce3:

Sickboy said he fixed stuff and should be able to sync with SU portal now again.

In my last Sessions i found a couple of errors, maybe you guys know what to do with it ^^ i just wanted to write this down, sorry if already posted or not belongs to the fantastic CUP mod :)

Must be a Scope from the pack?

8:39:20 Unknown entity: ' Bender 1.1-4x20 PM ShortDot<br/>Medium- to Short range scope typically used on Assault rifles.<br/>'
18:39:20 Unknown entity: ' Bender 1.1-4x20 PM ShortDot<br/>Medium- to Short range scope typically used on Assault rifles.<br/>'
18:43:39 Unknown entity: ' Bender 1.1-4x20 PM ShortDot<br/>Medium- to Short range scope typically used on Assault rifles.<br/>'
18:43:39 Unknown entity: ' Bender 1.1-4x20 PM ShortDot<br/>Medium- to Short range scope typically used on Assault rifles.<br/>'
18:44:53 Unknown entity: ' Bender 1.1-4x20 PM ShortDot<br/>Medium- to Short range scope typically used on Assault rifles.<br/>'
18:44:53 Unknown entity: ' Bender 1.1-4x20 PM ShortDot<br/>Medium- to Short range scope typically used on Assault rifles.<br/>'
18:44:59 Unknown entity: ' Bender 1.1-4x20 PM ShortDot<br/>Medium- to Short range scope typically used on Assault rifles.<br/>'
18:44:59 Unknown entity: ' Bender 1.1-4x20 PM ShortDot<br/>Medium- to Short range scope typically used on Assault rifles.<br/>'
18:45:29 Unknown entity: ' Bender 1.1-4x20 PM ShortDot<br/>Medium- to Short range scope typically used on Assault rifles.<br/>'
18:45:29 Unknown entity: ' Bender 1.1-4x20 PM ShortDot<br/>Medium- to Short range scope typically used on Assault rifles.<br/>'

And a ton of this:

13:05:46 String STR_CUP_DN_AGS30 not found
13:05:47 String STR_prpl_pellets_desc_short not found
13:05:47 String STR_CUP_DN_MAG_AGM114L_HELLFIRE_II not found
13:05:47 String STR_CUP_DN_MAG_AGM114L_HELLFIRE_II not found
13:05:47 String STR_CUP_DN_MAG_AGM114K_HELLFIRE_II not found
13:05:47 String STR_CUP_DN_MAG_AGM114K_HELLFIRE_II not found
13:05:47 String STR_CUP_DN_FFAR not found
13:05:47 String STR_CUP_MN_AIM9L_SIDEWINDER not found
13:05:47 String STR_CUP_DN_MAG_M197 not found
13:05:48 String STR_CUP_BAF_CFGVEHICLES_FLAGCARRIERBAF0 not found
13:05:49 String STR_CUP_BAF_CFGVEHICLES_FLAGCARRIERBAF0 not found
13:05:50 String STR_CUP_DN_AGS30 not found
13:05:50 String STR_CUP_DN_MAG_AGM114L_HELLFIRE_II not found
13:05:50 String STR_CUP_DN_MAG_AGM114L_HELLFIRE_II not found
13:05:50 String STR_CUP_DN_MAG_AGM114K_HELLFIRE_II not found
13:05:50 String STR_CUP_DN_MAG_AGM114K_HELLFIRE_II not found
13:05:50 String STR_CUP_DN_FFAR not found
13:05:50 String STR_CUP_MN_AIM9L_SIDEWINDER not found
13:05:50 String STR_CUP_DN_MAG_M197 not found
13:06:05 Fresnel k must be >0, given n=2.51,k=0
13:06:06 No owner
13:06:06 Error in expression <hicle _x) } } forEach _c;

Ah okay. Arma itself doesnt have a Bender Scope,but in CUP mod there is a such BenderScope with these values.

Thanks for your time

I don't know if question has being said already but can you put them into pack like BAF,US to make it easy on Clan to use you Great weapons but only ones they need?

I don't know if question has being said already but can you put them into pack like BAF,US to make it easy on Clan to use you Great weapons but only ones they need?

IMHO, maintaining fragmented releases like you've proposed wastes valuable development time and creates far more problems (in terms of making sure everybody has the same modset) than it ever solves (which is surely nothing more than saving a little download bandwidth).

I think this is doubly true of releases like CUP and AIA which should really be encouraged as de-facto community standards so that servers, modders and mission makers can utilize these dependencies more freely confident that if people have them at all then they have all of the classes available.

IMHO, maintaining fragmented releases like you've proposed wastes valuable development time and creates far more problems (in terms of making sure everybody has the same modset) than it ever solves (which is surely nothing more than saving a little download bandwidth).

Yeah, that was our thinking as well. There are a lot of inter-dependencies, anyway maybe not so much with the weapons, but with the content to follow (vehicles in particular), this is going to be difficult.

That said, there's nothing keeping anyone from doing this themselves, since the sources are all available at the CUP project page.

A belated thank you for the release fellas.

I am trying to make a config to replace as many of the uniforms as possible with Niko's uniforms, but for some reason it won't work. Should I overwrite the .hpp files or the .cpp that defines the infantry types?

Alternatively, how would I go about hiding the existing factions so I could make my own without the clutter?

@ Drongo69

Probably missing requiredAddons dependency / over replacement got overwritten by CUP code.

Best pastebin your config.

You can hide units from the editor with scope=1; in cfgVehicles.

To hide groups, I think you have to use delete groupClassName; in cfgGroups.

Tac-50 is part of Arma 2, right?

No. Like you said it was added by ACE. Therefore it's a mod weapon, not an ArmA 2 weapon if you catch my drift.

G-36 (and perhaps some other rifles as well)'s reload animation is not working when you are a person turret (shooting from vehicles). It just fills your rifle with a new magazine in about 0.01 sec (no animation).

Can you enable the Elcan SpecterDR 1-4x and S&B 1,1-4x20 PM ShortDot to zoom.For that makes them more fit for close range engagements.

Little random note, the M4A1 camo, on the back end of the gun, closest to the shoulder, there's the ironsight, on the left you can see 200 to 700m written down in steps.

I understand that the possibility to animate that section is something that isn't worth it, but my real point is that the M4A1's zeroing (pageUp, pageDwn) goes 600m max.

So on the model it shows the zeroing up to 700m while in reality, the m4a1 only zeroes to 600m in ArmA 3. Not that a sensible person would ever use a M4 beyond 600m, but still...it's a detail ;)

Little random note, the M4A1 camo, on the back end of the gun, closest to the shoulder, there's the ironsight, on the left you can see 200 to 700m written down in steps.

I understand that the possibility to animate that section is something that isn't worth it, but my real point is that the M4A1's zeroing (pageUp, pageDwn) goes 600m max.

So on the model it shows the zeroing up to 700m while in reality, the m4a1 only zeroes to 600m in ArmA 3. Not that a sensible person would ever use a M4 beyond 600m, but still...it's a detail ;)

Please make an issue for this on the tracker.