Sign in to follow this  
.kju

Community Upgrade Project - Weapon Pack

@agm support on weapons

Im trying to make a rhs - cup mag compat patch myself, ill see if i can work those simple bits in along in there

Hey guys!

First of all I must say, Many many thanks!!

I have one question.

Is this mod modular?

If I select some specific .pbo's to use it will cause erros or messages?

If is modular, can you tell what .pbo's are from core

Hey guys!

First of all I must say, Many many thanks!!

I have one question.

Is this mod modular?

If I select some specific .pbo's to use it will cause erros or messages?

If is modular, can you tell what .pbo's are from core

It's not intended to be modular. There are a number of interdependencies. The pbo division is mostly done to allow for easier updates .

Got a very strange issue with CUP recently : i don't have muzzleflashes anymore. The weapon only produce smoke.

Awesome stuff, thanks for making and sharing this with the rest of the community!

/KC

Thanks for the mod. Great quality.

I have 3 questions :

- Can you feature "unique use" for some launcher (M136, RPG-18, NLAW...)

- Why there is so few russian optics ? And so much nato optics ? No 1p29 or 1p78. By the way, I love the PSO-3 and PKP-optic

- Like I said on RHS post, do you project to make useable the night scopes during daylight ? (No one use NV scope because of strong NVG, etc etc)

So yeah. I was in doubt so i did a clean reinstall of ArmA 3, running the game with @CUP only and i still miss the muzzleflashes.

Since the issue is new, and the culprit isn't CUP ( since it's the same version as before ) my guess is that something changed in the recent ArmA 3 update that broke the muzzleflashes in CUP.

Might want to check the configs.

Edited by Dorak

Thanks for the heads-up. Trying to find out what changed. Any dev reading this, would welcome some comments.

---------- Post added at 21:09 ---------- Previous post was at 21:06 ----------

- Can you feature "unique use" for some launcher (M136, RPG-18, NLAW...)

You mean making them disposable? The idea was on the table, but no firm answer to that yet.

- Why there is so few russian optics ? And so much nato optics ? No 1p29 or 1p78. By the way, I love the PSO-3 and PKP-optic

Well the pack not only contains all weapons and attachments from Arma 2, Expansion and DLC's, it also contains ONLY those, which is the reason why you don't see anything else. We did not add any. There are so many NATO attachments because there had been a lot of NATO weapons in Arma 2, and to the best of my knowledge we have all of them separated out, including camo variants.

- Like I said on RHS post, do you project to make useable the night scopes during daylight ? (No one use NV scope because of strong NVG, etc etc)

Is the night vision scope supposed to be usable without night vision mode in reality? TBH, I don't know if it is.

Is there anyway to put [CUP] in front of the weapons, I use massi's weapons pack along with others and they get mixed up in the virtual arsenal. Just a suggestion. To know which ones are which.

Thx for the answer alwarren.

About the NV in daylight, yes, some are used irl. Few. Not the end of life if you don't do it.

The NV sight I had when I did my service had a cover with a small hole for use in daylight. It was still green.

You can see the same type of cover on "Iceman's" scope in generation kill. During day he uses the cover with a small hole and during night it's off.

So some NV sights can be used during day, but as far as I know none can turn of the NV function. Might be wrong.

hi. enjoying this weapon pack a lot. on thing to look at though are the weights which in turn influences the sway, etc. the m240 has hardly any weight accoridng to the new functionality in the armoury. it should be one of the heaviest weapons.

oh, and would it be possible to put an authors name to this as all cups weapons now show up as unknown author.

@ twisted

We reduced the weight of some very heavy weapons and magazines to 2/3 shortly before the release as a quite fix.

The mass will be revised to follow the AGM standard or this similar system most likely.

Hi .kju,

Would the next update of AiA SA incorporate CUP and possibly other ported A2 vehicle configs to reduce the storage size?

@ Valken

Please move your question to the AiA SA thread.

Thanks for the release :) !!! CUP_arifle_xm8_sharpshooter Bipod is in my sight when I'm prone + 1st person view.

In Virtual Arsenal they appear as "by unknown community author", maybe you can add a hint of the Authorship. Because with multiple weapon mods I lose control about what weapon is from which mod... Would be good especially for weapon non-experts like me.

Edited by tortuosit

CUP_arifle_xm8_sharpshooter Bipod is in my sight when I'm prone + 1st person view.

Can you provide screenshot? I don't have this issue on my PC ;)

Hi, sorry for late reply. Ot forgot to mention you have to holster the XM8, then go prone. Look a bit up down, often the bipod is in your sight.

2014-12-07_00001bckv1.jpg

I'm getting some really weird floating top covers the MG's from STI Machineguns.

It's affecting only the machine guns from this pack, and only occurs when this mod is active, so i'm guessing theirs some sort of compatibility issue between the two.

Edited by roboat

I have a strange visual glitch. Not every time I launch Arma with CUP (and other mods : RHS, AiA TP, R3F, CSE/AGM, TFAR....) i can have some visual glitch to random weapon.

Test 1 : L85 unusuable iron sight perpetually switching on/off and finally a crash. Visual glitch with M14 DMR. None with others

Test 2 : reinstallation of CUP an ASDG : nothing wrong. L85 and M14 are ok

Test 3 : visual glitch with Ak-107 the "up cover" (receiver and bolt) are floating a half meter upside. Stronger with Kobra sight. No glitch with Ak-74.

I haven't change any configuration or add/remove mod between. And, like I said, it's not every time.

@ Adeubal

1) Read the link above.

2) Report crashes to BI.

My bad. I was thinking the link was about glitch with STI Machinegun.

I have the same glitches as video.