Sign in to follow this  
.kju

Community Upgrade Project - Weapon Pack

@ [KH]Jman

I still have to get the latest version of ASDG JR, but the previous version worked fine on my DS.

Did you try with just @CUP and @ASDG_JR, or were other mods also involved?

Yes I tried @CUP and @ASDG_JR together from the Six Repo and just @ASDG_JR on it's own.

It's worth noting also that I'm using the 1.36 RC branch of A3 for clients and server.

Hi, Is anyone try this with LEA yet? The weapons look and sound amazing so far :D

This is original Arma 2 reticle, but we will change it in future.

Thanks.

You guys are my heroes. Making Arma 3 what it was suppose to be. Thank you all!

What are the chances to see Toadie's animations for the reloads? It will bring the pack to a whole new level.

Just posting to say congratulations to the whole team on this great collaborative achievement. Thanks guys :)

OK, I have finally got the chance to download this awesome pack. BTW amazing DL speed Armaholic!

Here are my initial thoughts. Will post if I find something else.

-First thing I noticed that for example CUP Stanag magazine is heavier/takes more space then vanilla Stanag. While you can put 5 vanilla mags in uniform you can only put 3 CUP ones with a bit of space left. All weapons and magazines need some tweaking in that regard.

-Sounds are way too loud compared to vanilla weapon/jsrs 2.2/environment/vehicle/etc sounds.

-Inconsistencies with naming; i.e. sometimes you have (desert) other times (Desert). Or Mk17... Standard and Mk17... Std.

-Some weapons like M4/M16 or MK16/17/20 could maybe adopt MX reload animation. They should work quite similar.

-ACOG is 2D as are sniper scopes.

-M32 GL has only one round "magazine".

Edited by Janez
more impressions/bugs

noticed the the pkm and m240 are extrmeley stable when firing standing and kneeling. should be harder to control due to the amount of high caliber lead they spew out (even if they are pretty heavy).

OK, I have finally got the chance to download this awesome pack. BTW amazing DL speed Armaholic!

1000Mbit unmetered ......... at your service :jump_clap:

-ACOG is 2D as are sniper scopes.
Isn't it's impossible to implement 3D scope with magnification in Arma? Current pseudo-3D sniper scopes aren't much different form A2 ones, they even less realistic. Edited by Semiconductor
typo

Ok, so i am attempting to make that compatiblity mag patch between RHS and CUP

So, I figure the only entry I have to change is the magazines[]; one

So far I did this: just for one gun

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// RHS - CUP : Compatiblity Patch .01 by MikeTim/////
////////////////////////////////////////////////////
#define _ARMA_
class CfgWeapons
{
class CUP_arifle_M16_Base: Rifle_Base_f
{
magazines[] = {"CUP_30Rnd_556x45_Stanag","CUP_30Rnd_556x45_G36","CUP_30Rnd_TE1_Red_Tracer_556x45_G36","CUP_30Rnd_TE1_Green_Tracer_556x45_G36","CUP_30Rnd_TE1_Yellow_Tracer_556x45_G36","CUP_100Rnd_556x45_BetaCMag","CUP_100Rnd_TE1_Red_Tracer_556x45_BetaCMag","CUP_100Rnd_TE1_Green_Tracer_556x45_BetaCMag","CUP_100Rnd_TE1_Yellow_Tracer_556x45_BetaCMag","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_Tracer_Red","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_Tracer_Green","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_Tracer_Yellow","CUP_20Rnd_556x45_Stanag,rhs_mag_30Rnd_556x45_Mk318_Stanag","rhs_mag_30Rnd_556x45_Mk262_Stanag","rhs_mag_30Rnd_556x45_M855A1_Stanag","rhs_mag_30Rnd_556x45_M855A1_Stanag_Tracer_Red","rhs_mag_30Rnd_556x45_M855A1_Stanag_Tracer_Green","rhs_mag_30Rnd_556x45_M855A1_Stanag_Tracer_Yellow","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_Tracer_Red","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_Tracer_Green","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_Tracer_Yellow"};
}
}

Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/2XHLckzd

Is that the correct way that I should be doing this?? I thought I might need more in this file or something, I never do configs :confused:

Edited by MikeTim

use magazines[] += {""}; then you can include only rhs related magazines into the existing array ;)

And you have to define Rifle_Base_f as class Rifle_Base_f; in the beginning. And end every {} with ;

Anyway I made sort of compability config for HLC, RHS, RHS and FHQ Accessories, so if is anyone interested. I made it for our community server - SOURCE.

Only needed pbos

cup_baseconfigs.pbo

cup_basedata.pbo

cup_weapons_aa12.pbo

cup_weapons_ammunition.pbo

cup_weapons_as50.pbo

cup_weapons_awm.pbo

cup_weapons_backpacks.pbo

cup_weapons_bizon.pbo

cup_weapons_compact.pbo

cup_weapons_cz750.pbo

cup_weapons_cz805.pbo

cup_weapons_duty.pbo

cup_weapons_east_attachments.pbo

cup_weapons_evo.pbo

cup_weapons_g36.pbo

cup_weapons_grenadelaunchers.pbo

cup_weapons_grenades.pbo

cup_weapons_hlc_rhs_rh_fhq_compability.pbo

cup_weapons_huntingrifle.pbo

cup_weapons_items.pbo

cup_weapons_ksvk.pbo

cup_weapons_l110.pbo

cup_weapons_l7a2.pbo

cup_weapons_l85.pbo

cup_weapons_leeenfield.pbo

cup_weapons_m1014.pbo

cup_weapons_m107.pbo

cup_weapons_m110.pbo

cup_weapons_m14.pbo

cup_weapons_m24.pbo

cup_weapons_m47.pbo

cup_weapons_maaws.pbo

cup_weapons_metis_at_13.pbo

cup_weapons_mk48.pbo

cup_weapons_phantom.pbo

cup_weapons_rpg18.pbo

cup_weapons_sa58.pbo

cup_weapons_scar.pbo

cup_weapons_smaw.pbo

cup_weapons_strela_2.pbo

cup_weapons_svd.pbo

cup_weapons_uk59.pbo

cup_weapons_vehicleweapons.pbo

cup_weapons_vss.pbo

cup_weapons_weaponscore.pbo

cup_weapons_west_attachments.pbo

cup_weapons_xm8.pbo

Edited by EvroMalarkey

Ok thanks guys, I will see if I can do it with the += just to see if that works, but let me ask another question

can i just pop the config.cpp in a pbo, and throw that pbo in a modfolder and add it like normal and it will work? or does this config.cpp have to be nested in a certain arangment of folders within the pbo or anything, or do I even have to do a pbo?

Isn't it's impossible to implement 3D scope with magnification in Arma? Current pseudo-3D sniper scopes aren't much different form A2 ones, they even less realistic.

Yes, I didn't write what I meant. Scopes are currently like in A2 with black edges. While they are perfectly functional if circumstance allows it would be nice to have it to same standard as A3.

can i just pop the config.cpp in a pbo, and throw that pbo in a modfolder and add it like normal and it will work?

Yes it will.

Isn't it's impossible to implement 3D scope with magnification in Arma? Current pseudo-3D sniper scopes aren't much different form A2 ones, they even less realistic.

Depends what you mean by " magnification ". Sniper scopes in ArmA 3 shows up as 2D textures because we don't have proper PIP scopes ( ala Insurgency or Red Orchestra 2 ), therefore there's no other way to produce a high to very high magnification. I heard BadBenson managed to produce a working PIP concept, but nobody knows when it will be released, if it will, so let's put that aside for now

Basically, and ideally, every scope with a low to mid magnification in ArmA 3 should be in 3D. Like this ACOG TA31F ( source : VTN mod ).

http://a.pomf.se/mjnivz.jpg (496 kB)

But you can't produce high magnification scopes with this method because the higher the magnification, the lower the FOV since it will "zoom" the whole scene.

http://a.pomf.se/jviekn.jpg (552 kB)

Anyway, 3D scopes is a new standard in ArmA 3, and it would feel strange to add proper ArmA 3 muzzleflashes, attachments and all that jazz and forget about 3D optics. At least for low to mid magnification scopes.

Edited by Dorak
added authors

Anyway, 3D scopes is a new standard in ArmA 3, and it would feel strange to add proper ArmA 3 muzzleflashes, attachments and all that jazz and forget about 3D optics. At least for low to mid magnification scopes.

As has been said several times, this (along with reload animations, which is also an Arma 3 thing) will come later.

Comparing muzzle flashes with 3d scopes is silly. Of course, you can "create" a 3d scope simply by putting a view point and doing a bit of config, but I guess you would also like the reticule to be of actual use ? I.e. hit where it points to ? Including the drop markers ? THAT is the real challenge when doing 3d scopes. A muzzle flash is a no-brainer compared to that.

As it is now, the whole work for the weapons alone took Alwarren several months. The option was to release now and do the details later, or do them and then release.

I bet most people would have opted for the former.

So, patience

Anyway, 3D scopes is a new standard in ArmA 3, and it would feel strange to add proper ArmA 3 muzzleflashes, attachments and all that jazz and forget about 3D optics.
The problem with 3D optics is that current implementation is subject to improvement at best. Personally, between unrealistic and at times extremely frustrating sway and narrow FOV I choose the last one because at least I won't find the reticle in the upper right corner of the screen. :)

As has been said several times, this (along with reload animations, which is also an Arma 3 thing) will come later.

Comparing muzzle flashes with 3d scopes is silly. Of course, you can "create" a 3d scope simply by putting a view point and doing a bit of config, but I guess you would also like the reticule to be of actual use ? I.e. hit where it points to ? Including the drop markers ? THAT is the real challenge when doing 3d scopes. A muzzle flash is a no-brainer compared to that.

As it is now, the whole work for the weapons alone took Alwarren several months. The option was to release now and do the details later, or do them and then release.

I bet most people would have opted for the former.

So, patience

I never implied anything about CUP, was talking in a general way. I'm fine with what has been released so far. Besides as of right now i have enough 3D optics for a lifetime.

The problem with 3D optics is that current implementation is subject to improvement at best. Personally, between unrealistic and at times extremely frustrating sway and narrow FOV I choose the last one because at least I won't find the reticle in the upper right corner of the screen.

Indeed.

I´ve seen some BadBenson´s steamworkshop screenshots showing a 2D overlay - centered, not obscuring the whole screen - and magnified center just like Red Orchestra does... but must be still conceptual shots, yet it shows ppl are trying to improve those said 3D scopes, let´s see what the future brings!

Right now the implementation of custom reloads (even if some A3 generic ones) animations is a must - after the most urgent bugfixes, of course!!!! (sorry I´m quite bothered by the voodoo animation, FFAA mod uses it too and I kinda don´t use it a lot because of that =P)

Great work on the mods.

Would it be possible to add the following code to all weapons with bipods, so that AGM recognises the bipod and adjusts the recoil appropriately?

hasbipod = 1;

AGM_Bipod = 1;

Thanks

Great work on the mods.

Would it be possible to add the following code to all weapons with bipods, so that AGM recognises the bipod and adjusts the recoil appropriately?

hasbipod = 1;

AGM_Bipod = 1;

Thanks

AGM support is under consideration right now. No promise though.