Sign in to follow this  
.kju

Community Upgrade Project - Weapon Pack

I'd be surprised if there was a G3A3 in the pack. Indeed that one in reality uses 7.62, but you probably misread, the weapons in game is the G36A, which is a 5.56 NATO :) OR I misspelled the name, which is also possible.

You are quite right, I had forgot to disable a different mod that introduces the G3A3, my appologies.

However, I did notice that all russian scopes are zeroed at 200 meters without the option to adjust them. Seems like this issue is only related to the russian scopes, every other scope I've tried seems to work fine.

this project is great, im hopping they're working to improve the quality of texture though, currently it doesnt fit

Nice work on the CUP stuff guys, attachments are golden.

As I have probably spammed to your WIP topics in the past, a compatiblity patch with RHS mags would be fucking awesome.

Hello. What are the chances of gaining compatibility of the faction classes with "ALiVE"? As CUP continues to grow, being able to use it with ALiVE modules would make a great combination in my opinion.

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Unit_Mod_Config_Standardisation

I don't know what is required for that, but I suppose that is a very distinctive possibility. Since the infantry right now is placeholders, we didn't really put too much effort into them yet; they will eventually be upgraded with the original uniforms.

---------- Post added at 23:36 ---------- Previous post was at 23:36 ----------

Nice work on the CUP stuff guys, attachments are golden.

As I have probably spammed to your WIP topics in the past, a compatiblity patch with RHS mags would be fucking awesome.

We'll have to see. Of course, that can also be done outside of CUP, and in fact is best done outside since we do not want to introduce another dependency. Adding magazine compatibility shouldn't really be too difficult.

The .pdf that comes with the download states that all of the classnames can be found in the appendix. Where is said appendix??

EDIT: nvm, I can't read. I see the links in the OP now :couch:

Edited by AccuracyThruVolume

Please add correct grid in PSO.

image.png

Distorted proportions.

image.png

I don't know why it seems like I'm the only one who is getting bothered by this, but the aiming down sights really bugs me.

When aiming the head seems to be way too far in the back. It's to such a degree that it looks as if the shooter is moving the gun away from him as far as he can when aiming.

This means that you have to zoom in just for the sights to become usable.

The picture shows how it is right now and how far it zooms in. Basically the zoomed in one should be the default view, maybe even a little more zoomed in.

4b46c3d395.jpg

On some other weapons its a bit better, but still very distracting.

Here's a recycled picture for another thread for illustration purposes:

944b73e959.jpg

But apart from that, great work. :D

edit - same point as the guy above me.

One observation on this weapon set is that the sight picture (iron sights) is all over the place.

and a lot of the time its soo far back that it's like looking down a rollercoaster ride rather than a rifle.

be nice to have a sigh picture closer to toadies weapon set which achieves a very nice balance between peripheral vision and a closer to needed sight picture.

a lot of the time too much of the rifle butt is seen. this is a legacy problem from old school arma.

It has been mentioned already, but it would be nice to have versions of AKM, AK-74 and SVD rifles with rail adapters (both for optics and side attachments). That would really boost the amount of possible customizations.

There is a small typo in the display name of L115A1 magazine, it says 5 Rnd .338 Lapuia Magnum. It should be Lapua Magnum, without the i in there.

Edited by superpower

I am here just to say a big big thanks to Kyu and the others foor this incredible work!

Thank you very much for sharing it wit us

:bounce3:

It has been mentioned already, but it would be nice to have versions of AKM, AK-74 and SVD rifles with rail adapters (both for optics and side attachments). That would really boost the amount of possible customizations.

There is a small typo in the display name of L115A1 magazine, it says 5 Rnd .338 Lapuia Magnum. It should be Lapua Magnum, without the i in there.

Thanks, I've fixed that typo. But I'm not sure about those rail adapter, we'll see.

I don't know why it seems like I'm the only one who is getting bothered by this, but the aiming down sights really bugs me.

When aiming the head seems to be way too far in the back. It's to such a degree that it looks as if the shooter is moving the gun away from him as far as he can when aiming.

This means that you have to zoom in just for the sights to become usable.

Yeah, I see it. I fixed it on VSS but some other weapons may have same bug, if you see bug like this, report it HERE.

Please add correct grid in PSO.

This is original Arma 2 reticle, but we will change it in future.

@Alwarren I would make that mag compatiblity myself if I knew how :) Ill ask Reyhard if he is not too busy maybe

@Alwarren I would make that mag compatiblity myself if I knew how :) Ill ask Reyhard if he is not too busy maybe

Or you could, you know, decide that this is the perfect (modest) goal to cut your teeth on learning how to create a simple config mod. Everybody starts with a notion about something they want to see in-game that nobody else is doing. If you decide it's something you can never learn and depend on convincing others to make mods for you you're going to see most of those desires unfulfilled.

When playing on a dedicated server many of the weapons are glitching and bugging out.

I've not seen it happen when testing in the editor or in single player but once on dedicated things go haywire!.

@Defunkt

Yeah ive decided I will do a rhs compatiblity myself, thanks for suggesting it. (if I can achieve it, I will definatley release it publicly)

So, I figure there is a class or something within the weapon config for usable mags? I will investigate this later, but if anyone can send me a biwiki page or something that can show the part of the config I have to change (since I assume its the weapons config???) I will try it...

But, doesnt that mean im overriding the whole config, see im not sure how I would just.. (add it?)

I guess I would have to do something like adding it to the array of usable mags but not sure how I would do that, but ill ask some friends and see what I can do, if anyone has any suggestions or info, I would appreciate it.

Essentially you need to re-write the arrays which define which ammo classes work with each weapon class (and have them list magazines from both mods) - you're looking for the magazines[] = {...}; entries. You also need to ensure that your patch is loaded after the mod that it alters (use the RequiredAddons[] array to achieve this). Include only entries that need changing, don't do the usual rookie thing and include a whole config tree just to change one or two lines. Look at similar patches other people have released.

There's a new += array addition operator which in theory *should* make this possible without re-writing the entire array but I've found this operator to be a bit bugged in the current release, probably safer to just redefine the entire array.

OH OK... thank you so much... .I do some java coding so my brain was like, rationalizing this a different way.

After thinking about this the same way I thought about some INI thing once.... now I understand thank you.

And yes I heard that += operator was bugged in the SQF, I will have to stay away from it then.

Thanks, my brain just ascended to a new level of function right there, I suddenly made a mental connection between the configs and some other stuff I did once :)

I have a question regarding the launchers. The AT-4, SMAW, MAAWS, RPG-18 and RPG-7 all don't have the option to be zeroed. Is this to keep them functioning the same as they did in Arma 2? Also the M-47 Dragon should have a Thermal rather than NVG scope.

If you guys are interested, I've got documentation on the SMAW, Dragon, and other LAWs/ATGMs, and I'm more than willing to share.

Include only entries that need changing, don't do the usual rookie thing and include a whole config tree just to change one or two lines.

Does that pose any kind of problems though ? If your patch is loaded after, thanks to RequiredAddons, it shouldn't matter right ?

As you can guess i'm asking that because i'm making that " rookie thing " all the time.

Edited by Dorak

@ JMan

It seems like the server and/or one or more clients were either missing ASDG JR altogether, or didn't have the latest version.

Can you verify that please.

@Kju, if I try to load the server with @asdg_jr the server gets stuck on "Unable to initialize Steam API." every time and will not auth with Steam. I remove it and it runs and auths just fine.

Edited by [KH]Jman