Sign in to follow this  
.kju

Community Upgrade Project - Weapon Pack

Er, nope, there never was an MSR in Arma 2 :)

Yeah, you´re right. Hope you still work on your Mod where the MSR is in there too, the Remington pack when i remember correctly ^^

Looking at this content for some "back to" missions. It's refreshing yo have our old weapons back, thanks for the hard work.

Yeah, you´re right. Hope you still work on your Mod where the MSR is in there too, the Remington pack when i remember correctly ^^

Yeah, still working on that, but I suck at animations.

The mod's really nice and I hope the rest of it is just as good in quality. The only problems I noted were some borked animations when firing from vehicles, but that's not really a massive problem.

When are you groups going to put stuff on the Workshop? You know you catch more flies with honey.

Size of workshop files are limited to 1 gigabyte. This project will get much larger than that, so the Workshop right now is not an option.

why BIS wouldn't make a free DLC of this, something like: "Weaponry from the Past" includes all weapons, from previous arma series!

why BIS wouldn't make a free DLC of this, something like: "Weaponry from the Past" includes all weapons, from previous arma series!

Because it's a lot of work?

I don't know if it's intended that the weapons list correct caliber sizes, but if it is, there is a problem with the G3A3. In real life, it uses 7.62(no?), at least not he listed 5,56

I don't know if it's intended that the weapons list correct caliber sizes, but if it is, there is a problem with the G3A3. In real life, it uses 7.62(no?), at least not he listed 5,56

I'd be surprised if there was a G3A3 in the pack. Indeed that one in reality uses 7.62, but you probably misread, the weapons in game is the G36A, which is a 5.56 NATO :) OR I misspelled the name, which is also possible.

wow nice job chaps, actually forgot i was playing a3 before, felt like an deluxe version of arma 2 :) awesome job.

in what way, when CUP weapon pack is out at the moment?

Well because its a lot of work for a company that doesnt do a lot of work for free. They are in the business of making money. They already helped a lot by releasing source material for us to use.

Before anything, congratulations on release and on the incredible work put into this.

I've made a quick video with some of my impressions about this release.

One thing I've meant to ask:

I have noticed that toadie2k is mentioned in the credits. So are the weapons (AKs for example) supposed to utilize his animations as well? Because right now, all the weapons have the normal reloading anims from ArmA2. Apologies if this is a dumb question or it has been already answered elsewhere. :)

Edited by Salvatore_Lee

One thing I've meant to ask:

I have noticed that toadie2k is mentioned in the credits. So are the weapons (AKs for example) supposed to utilize his animations as well? Because right now, all the weapons have the normal reloading anims from ArmA2. Apologies if this is a dumb question or it has been already answered elsewhere. :)

You can adapt toadie gestures to CUP in five minutes flat. Plus, the mod has the merit to be very modular. Forget syncing magazines though, seems like only HopeJohnson is able to pull this shit off.

You can adapt toadie gestures to CUP in five minutes flat. Plus, the mod has the merit to be very modular. Forget syncing magazines though, seems like only HopeJohnson is able to pull this shit off.

Allright, I'll look into it.

Edited by Salvatore_Lee

Hello Guys, first of all absolutely fantastic work, congratulations to all those involved.

Here are a few tiny issues that i noted:

The Saiga and Benelli only have slug magazines, and the M107' s recoil seem a little low, in addition to the already noted lmg mag of course:p

Somes optics back up sights still have the Arma2 FOV values:

-Elcan Specter DR

-Leupold MK4 CQT

-Acog TA31F (Only when zooming in)

-ACOG TA01(Only when zooming in)

-G36 Red dot sight.

XM8 Sight? (Not sure what type of sight it' s supposed to be irl).

Some optics and accessories seem to have some sizing issues: The Acog TA31F seem to be a bit to big, while the Trijicon relfex seem a tad bit to small. The ANPEQ2 from BAF is smaller than the other PEQ2s.

Still regarding the optics, i believe that some of them should be placed further in the front of the rail to avoid cliping issues with some weapons back up rear sight:

-Eotech 553

-M68CCO

-Meopta ZD dot

And while we' re on optic proxy issues, i also think that the optic proxy is placed too much to the rear of the rail on the CZ805B family.

Imo, some weapons are held a little too high, making the shooter aim with his forehead. Those are:

-XM8 Railed and Carbine

-MK48

-M249

-L110a1

-MK17 family

-G36C

-M110

While some others are held slightly too low:

-SVD Camo

-MK12

-M4A1 Family

-Lee Enfield

-CZ805 A1

And finally, there are a few problems with some GL sights:

-M32: The adjustement of the m32 sight isn' t working.

-CZ805A1 GL: When adjusting the GL sight of the CZ805A1 the camera doesn' t move.

-M203: I' m pretty sure that the adjustment for the m203 sight present in game is 50/100/150/200/250.

I fully understand that this a first release and that you are probably aware of many of the issues that i mentioned. I' m sure that many improvements will come and i applaud with both hands the amount of work that went into this. You guys have done an absolutely fantastic job and it is an absolute delight for my friends and i to play again with so many of those assets in great quality. Thanks again CUP team.

Thanks very much for your hard work.

I assume there will be no issues if I am using jsrs 2.2 along with CUP?

Great work, I can't wait to use it.

But I can see it being an issue for some people (me and my group included) when this mod comes out with vehicles and other weapons that duplicate what RHS has

Would I have to remove the .pbos manually for this?

Thanks very much for your hard work.

I assume there will be no issues if I am using jsrs 2.2 along with CUP?

I' m using it along with JSRS 2.2 and i have no issues. The volumes of the sound is a bit higher in general than the vanilla weapons with jsrs in general, but that seem to be the case for all the modded weapons.

Amazing work! I must say I was a bit sceptical about the quality but the weapons look (and sound) really good. I would like disposable launchers to be actually disposable but apart from this and couple other minor animation issues CUP is outstanding. Congrats on the release!