Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Star Wars Ep. 7 - THE FORCE AWAKENS

I'm a fan of the theory at the beginning of this post: http://imgur.com/gallery/w5MHii8
Besides "it's a movie"/"plot armor" (especially when contrasted with how much better the stormies do against unnamed Rebels), I remember one past claim about a particularly bad shipment of E-11 blaster rifles that never got that manufacturer dealt with until Endor, by which point it was far too late.

I do wonder where they're going with the villain though. When I first saw the mask, I instantly had to think of Revan, but those assumptions have been dissipated as soon as they spit out the name. Any ideas who or what Kylo Ren could be? I don't remember the name from any games or EU material, which makes sense as they threw that overboard when writing the story.

This is not all and more to come in 2016!

Star Wars Rogue One, first standalone movie related to original trilogy.

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/star-wars-rogue-one-plot-details-death-star-1201475420/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivv51UmwTrw

Holy smoke...

I'm really upset about this... or about as upset as I can be about a movie. I was really hoping it was going to be a Rogue Squadron movie. I think that would've been really cool. But now they seem to be undoing one of my favorite game franchises and characters; Dark Forces and Kyle Katarn. Damn you Abrams!!!

Eh, the reboot of the canon policy already undid them, this is just filling that void.

Eh, the reboot of the canon policy already undid them, this is just filling that void.

But they could've used the story as it was still. I suppose there could still be something similar enough that I might like.

But they could've used the story as it was still.
Not so when Lucasfilm Story Group's evidently got a much tighter grip on licensing than Lucasfilm Licensing used at the time of Dark Forces, and even an untrained Kyle Katarn would undermine the very "no Jedi, it's all on non-Force sensitives" theme that Lucasfilm Story Group signed off on for the new canon's "Death Star plans" story... plus it conveniently lets LSG ignore the fandom rumblings that would have perpetually festered if they had depicted Kyle Katarn as non-Force-sensitive.

there is advertisement campaign already - today in my city, in ca. 15 people in uniforms , Lord Vader and R2D2 were travelling subway , probably even i and my woman get caught by cameras cause they were standing next to me, people in subway wagon were very surprised when dozen of men in uniforms came to wagon :) they were playing people traveling to job, cause everyone had briefcase

55472719e7c38_gd.jpg?20150504101406

554726e85a4bb_gd.jpg?20150504101406

554726ea93376_gd.jpg?20150504101406

i was sitting next to but photographer from press didn't catch me (3 hours ago, when traveling to office)

Edited by vilas

Not saying that it isn't for sure but it probably wasn't an advertisement. Today/yesterday was May the Fourth (May the force be with you) and a lot of people dress up in Star Wars gear for it or Celebrate Star Wars in some other way.

So it looks like they're going with practical effects instead of CGI? If so, then congratulations - a rare sight these times...

Is it me or does the actress look a lot like Padme? Maybe her granddaughter?

On IMDB her character is listed as Rey, without a surname...

Would be funny to watch Luke bring a "I am your father!" line :D

EDIT: ok internet is full of speculations she is a decendant of Skywalkers, well we will see in two months I guess.

imperium looks pretty neat... hopefully it's not completely made up of moronic failures like in all the other episodes....

EDIT: ok internet is full of speculations she is a decendant of Skywalkers, well we will see in two months I guess.

Watch teaser #2 again and it should be pretty much clear (cause the only sensible option based on info right now aka maincharacters)

J.J. Abrams ruined Star Trek though. Will he ruin Star Wars?  :unsure:

-|-

/\

Got my tickets for 16/12/2015, 10.00 and 13.00 ;)

Got my tickets for 16/12/2015, 10.00 and 13.00 ;)

You're luky, i'm so busy next week that i won't have any time left to watch it before the following week  :icon_ohmygod:

Please guys, I beg you, NO SPOILERS!!!!

Use spoilertags if you want to discuss something about the story.

Only a few hours left before the film begins !

In position, lock and load.

ETA tout target 10 mikes!