spectrersg

TFAx - International Units

Except for the French Centre Europe, no and by saying this:

Because comparing it to pictures found on the net
These are obviously only my observations, and since when it comes to camos visual fidelity is very much a matter of perception, it should of course be taken with a grain of salt.

i' ve made it clear that this was from my point of view only and that i certainly wasn' t some kind of authority on world military' s camos. :)

Regarding the Flecktarn, comparing it to pictures found on the net, it seemed to me as if on the ingame uniform a bit too much surface was covered with the darker green vs the lighter green, but once again i' m basing this only on pictures, so i' ll take your experience on that.

Edit: made it more clear regarding the pattern.

Sorry if I sounded a bit aggressive, Tsark. That wasn't my intention.

The reference picture that I used (the last one I recall using) when bug-reporting for Spectre was this: http://i.imgur.com/7J7QRnB.jpg

I'll also post these two to further reinforce what I meant about the shades of green in blotches and black and orange in dots:

http://i.imgur.com/76PFMCf.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Nt94Vnf.jpg

Worthy to note those uniforms are a bit worn out and faded.

Also noteworthy is that ArmA 3's lighting plays a perhaps all-too-important role in how camouflage looks.

Sunny days bring out the warmer colours and cloudier days just dim the whole thing.

I'd imagine that has something to do with how the RVmats are set since NATO clothing in the game doesn't have the non-reflective feel to it. (Oddly enough, AAF uniforms do)

No problem at all Subscyed, i only used that occasion to re-state my point about my obervations being of course only from my point of view, and a not very educated one when it come to camos, so that other users could of course feel free to correct me.

Regarding the flecktarn though, looking at the picture you posted, especially on the last one, i can' t help but think that i' m right; On the 2 operators, we can clearly see quite a lot of the uniform' s surface covered in the lighter of the 2 greens, especially on the legs/thigh area, while ingame i see very litte surface covered in the lighter green. There is also much lesser black than on the ingame uniform. I' ve been looking for a picture of two to post to further reinforce my point, but frankly i can' t choose one, i can see it equally on pretty much every picture. Something else to note is that one the pctures the lighter green come in large blotches, while ingame it is actually small spots of it.

So to sum it up, imo there should be more of the lighter green, in bigger blotches, and less black dots. Hope i managed to describe clearly enough what i meant.

I was trying something new with the German stuff. I'll be reverting it back to its original or a new texture I have lined up. We'll see. It wont be resolved for another few weeks (after the new year)

Take all the time you want Spectre, you' ve been ditching out updates like crazy for both TFA and TFAx these last few weeks/months, if you decide to take some rest it will be well earned.

On the Flecktarn, it REALLY is nitpicking on my part, it' s very small and franly it' s already looking very good as it is, i dont think there' s even the need for a new texture, just some very minors adjustments.

The uniform in the pack that' s looking the least realistic as of now imo is the swedish desert:

The one ingame doesn' t really have the green-ish tint on one of the two tans that it should have, as can be seen here:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4f/Swedish_Military_Observer_Team_Liaison_Officer_in_Afghanistan_2006_%282%29.JPEG

And one of it' s colors is downright purple, while i believe that it should be more of purple-ish grey.

For example, it looks very much purple on the link i posted above, but much more grey on this picture:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/rafoss/3750988852/

But once again, no pressure at all man, the pack is already great as it is, take all the time you need before rolling out updates.

I have a much better Fleck coming soon. I'll eval the swedish stuff, make the change, or if I have to revert to the previous version.

Edit: Damn Swedes! This camo is giving me a nightmare for some reason. Still working on it.

In other news - I may be including a few custom models and a weapon or so specifically for Canadians. Stay tuned.

Edited by SpectreRSG

http://imgur.com/aroUgKa

When I try to attach the icon on the wetsuit....

Would this be fixed?

---------- Post added at 08:36 ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 ----------

I have a much better Fleck coming soon. I'll eval the swedish stuff, make the change, or if I have to revert to the previous version.

Edit: Damn Swedes! This camo is giving me a nightmare for some reason. Still working on it.

In other news - I may be including a few custom models and a weapon or so specifically for Canadians. Stay tuned.

And is that mean you would add a C8SFW for Canadians?

The insignias seems broken now since 1.40. They dont show up in the arsenal.

Also my .rpt file spams this:

22:50:45 Backpack with given name: [] not found
22:50:45 Inventory item with given name: [] not found
22:50:47 Backpack with given name: [] not found
22:50:47 Inventory item with given name: [] not found
22:50:48 Backpack with given name: [] not found
22:50:48 Inventory item with given name: [] not found
22:50:49 Backpack with given name: [] not found
22:50:49 Inventory item with given name: [] not found
22:50:52 Backpack with given name: [] not found
22:50:52 Inventory item with given name: [] not found
22:51:00 Backpack with given name: [] not found
22:51:00 Inventory item with given name: [] not found
22:51:01 Backpack with given name: [] not found
22:51:01 Inventory item with given name: [] not found
22:51:03 Backpack with given name: [] not found
22:51:03 Inventory item with given name: [] not found
22:51:04 Backpack with given name: [] not found
22:51:04 Inventory item with given name: [] not found
22:51:05 Backpack with given name: [] not found
22:51:05 Inventory item with given name: [] not found

The insignias seems broken now since 1.40. They dont show up in the arsenal.

Also my .rpt file spams this:

22:50:45 Backpack with given name: [] not found
22:50:45 Inventory item with given name: [] not found
22:50:47 Backpack with given name: [] not found
22:50:47 Inventory item with given name: [] not found
22:50:48 Backpack with given name: [] not found
22:50:48 Inventory item with given name: [] not found
22:50:49 Backpack with given name: [] not found
22:50:49 Inventory item with given name: [] not found
22:50:52 Backpack with given name: [] not found
22:50:52 Inventory item with given name: [] not found
22:51:00 Backpack with given name: [] not found
22:51:00 Inventory item with given name: [] not found
22:51:01 Backpack with given name: [] not found
22:51:01 Inventory item with given name: [] not found
22:51:03 Backpack with given name: [] not found
22:51:03 Inventory item with given name: [] not found
22:51:04 Backpack with given name: [] not found
22:51:04 Inventory item with given name: [] not found
22:51:05 Backpack with given name: [] not found
22:51:05 Inventory item with given name: [] not found

Confirm that,seem like a game issue,all the insignias lost in VA,not only this mod but all the mod and the insignias of Arma3 itself.

Curious, is this RPT error still occuring? I'm aware of the insignias being fixed in VA though.

First of all - very nice job with the uniforms. Feels really good, if for nothing else than the looks, to play in something European and not only US.

With that said (and being former norwegian army myself) - i'll back Tsark up on his comment that the camo pattern texture of the Norwegian woodland/desert uniforms are too small. It makes them look bit messy. Tho, you i'd say you have the coloring and shapes quite perferct. Its just the small size of it that makes it messy.

I'll try to help out tho, here are some links that might work as a point of reference:

Norwegian Desert Camo:

http://balswick.no/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/afghanistan.jpg

http://www.cato-ringstad.no/contents/media/l_10139.jpg

Norwegian Woodland Camo:

http://miltrad.no/autoweb/bilder/Ny-fleece-nyhet.jpg

http://www.miltrad.no/autoweb/iprod/M09-helfig.jpg

Not trying to be rude or critical to your work, as earlier stated - i really enjoy the work you have put down into this addon. But, this is the only feedback i can come with conserning the uniforms of my nation - if for nothing else than polish to make the addon as good as it can be.

Thanks, and looking forward to what you bring next :D

Having problems with this mod on my dedicated server - in a weird way. 

When loading up vanilla maps where no mods were used creating them - I can equip all TFAX gear and uniforms and all others running the servers modpack can see them and use them as well. 

The problem occurs when I’m using this mod when creating new missions/maps, where i customize the equipment of player units and/or AI units to use stuff from this mod. In the editor, everything seems to run smoothly, the units show the correct equipment i give them and the mission runs when previewing it from the editor. 

However, when I export it to my dedicated server, there are no open slots to choose from - just pure blank, and people can’t connect as there are no open slots.

My servers RPT file gives me this:

Missing addons detected:
  tfaX_units
Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.tfaX_units

Now as said, the server -IS- for a 100% fact running the mod, as it works fine when loading missions or maps that were made without this mod. However, when i use this mod when making missions/maps - and exporting them to the server, and then try to run them from there - something fucks up. Apparently for some reason the dedicated server seems to think that the mod has been deleted, or something in those lines. 

This only happens to missions that were created while using this mod. Might be worth checking into, as its REALLY frustrating putting in the enormous time to make proper missions, only for them to not work due to somewhat unexplainable issues like this. 

Extra info:
I have this mod through Steam Workshop, as part of a collection I use to "simplify" the experience for new players to the game. I run the mod from Steam Workshop both locally and on my dedicated server.

Anyone else experiencing this, or have a solution for it?