Sign in to follow this  
blackpixxel

TF47 Launchers [WIP]

Hi,

while we made the modset for our public-server, we noticed that there aren't many proper AT launchers. They are either only disposable, or don't have the zeroing function that we had with ACE 2.

So I decided to try to make a little launcher mod. For the moment it should only contain the two main-AT's from the BlueFor-side of Arma 2, the M3 MAAWS and the SMAW.

I want to do own models and to give them following functionality:

-3D-optics instead of 2D-overlay

-zeroing, if possible via rotation of the scope, similar to how it works on the real launchers

-different types of ammo

I have no idea if zeroing for AT's is even possible in Arma 3, but I am sure there is a way to solve this.

Yesterday I started to work on the model of the M3 MAAWS. It is nearly finished, smaller details can be added/changed later. Tomorrow I will start to make the textures.IIB06d5.jpgpNtb0h9.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/D9zxy4x.png

http://i.imgur.com/de4eMc2.png

Feel free to share your ideas or suggestions!

Looks sweet. Any chance for the new M4 version (Shorter and lighter)? What type of rounds are you planning to include? STI Launcher MAAWS offered HEAT, Smoke and HE, while Slatts's offered HEAT and HEDP.

Any chance for the Anti Personnel variant with the flechettes?

Looking forward.

Best regard

M4 may come in a later version. But the main goal for now is to bring the M3 and the SMAW into the game to give the AT Rifleman something to destroy tanks with.

Different types of ammunition should not be a problem, IF the zeroing allows it. They all have different speeds and that requires the zeroing to be different for each rocket type. If it doesn't work, the only solution would be to give each rocket type the same flight path.

At least the variants we saw in ACE should be included, HEAT, HEDP and HE for the M3 and HEAA and HEDP for the SMAW.

I also saw a video about Airburst-Ammo for the M3, but I am afraid that this too hard to implement.

M4 may come in a later version. But the main goal for now is to bring the M3 and the SMAW into the game to give the AT Rifleman something to destroy tanks with.

Different types of ammunition should not be a problem, IF the zeroing allows it. They all have different speeds and that requires the zeroing to be different for each rocket type. If it doesn't work, the only solution would be to give each rocket type the same flight path.

At least the variants we saw in ACE should be included, HEAT, HEDP and HE for the M3 and HEAA and HEDP for the SMAW.

I also saw a video about Airburst-Ammo for the M3, but I am afraid that this too hard to implement.

How about adding smoke and illumination rounds?^^

I have no idea if zeroing for AT's is even possible in Arma 3, but I am sure there is a way to solve this.

It should be possible. Though it can lead to crashes. You can take a look at VTN mod, they have a RPG-7V2 which you can zero ( and is animated ).

Just a little update:

The M3 is nearly finished, so mod itself will be released in the next days.

Zeroing is working with a scripted ACE-like solution. So the angle of the projectile gets changed when it is fired. Animation of the scope was not possible, because different ammo types have different velocities and require different scope positions.

Next to the flip-up ironsights there is the optical sight, which is a more conventional 3D-scope. The camera is inside of the scope, so there are the 3D-effects, but no unrealistic outside view.

Currently there are 3 Ammo types (HEAT, HEDP, HE), but additional ones will be added later.

vvgveb7.jpg

The next launcher that will be added is the SMAW.