ronhillultra

WIP - Esseker - post apocalyptic map

Incredible!

Update has been released for Esseker. Updating via Steam Workshop right now. Changelog:

* Couple of new locations 
* A lot of work on existing towns 
* Aded first section of the railway 
* New location "Villa Victoria Hotel" 
* Reworked satellite map and color scheme to fit new Arma 3 visual update

I hope there's a server key in the download.
  • Like 2

Couple of updating base class warnings with latest version 0.8:

16:05:59 Updating base class ->NonStrategic, by CST\CST_Infrastructure\objects\fuelstation\config.bin/CfgVehicles/HouseBase/
16:05:59 Updating base class ->DestructionEffects, by CST\CST_Infrastructure\objects\fuelstation\config.bin/CfgVehicles/House/DestructionEffects/
16:05:59 Updating base class Building->Static, by ES_Buildings\config.bin/CfgVehicles/NonStrategic/
16:05:59 Updating base class HouseBase->NonStrategic, by ES_Buildings\config.bin/CfgVehicles/House/

At the same time it causes a lot of warnings which point to CUP Terrains but are actually caused by Esseker (tested with CUP Terrains 1.1.0).

Awesome update otherwise, great job!

That video! Gorgeous + incredible attention to detail

-OP

When u want a REALLY good post-apocalypse-but-not-complete-wasteland stuff akin to 'soldiers of anarchy' game of long years ago!  B)

That, and some musical background:

I absolutely love Esseker! It's so lush and extremely detailed. Feels like everything was placed for a purpose.

Congrats on the update! Your love of the region and subject matter keeps showing through the details. Many of the ground clutter grass/bush objects are hand-placed or tweaked, aren't they? The video is gorgeous, too -- and it doesn't even hint at some of the best views or easter eggs.

I haven't seen ronhillultra or monkee post here possibly since I joined Arma. I hope you guys are getting these messages!

Not sure if it's my settings. But does anyone else have it to where texture for grass goes away after 100 meters or so? Maybe even S close as 50 meters? I've tested with only esseker and cup core.

Not sure if it's my settings. But does anyone else have it to where texture for grass goes away after 100 meters or so? Maybe even S close as 50 meters? I've tested with only esseker and cup core.

That sounds like a LOD is missing its texture.

Im getting the old waterline bug on the overall northern half of the map that occurred due to ponds.

6286086176A1057D86192D063034E7DA1251AD65

-

Salutations to all !!!

I would like to report/address a bug/issue:

I notice that when I enabled the "CUP Terrains 1.1.0 Maps", the tires of the vehicles on the Esseker map were below the ground and inoperable. But when I disabled the "CUP Terrains" and enabled "AiA Terrain Pack", the vehicles were on the ground and operable.

We are not sure what causes it if the Esseker or the CUP itself.

Hope that both mods would collaborate on this and hope to see this fix soon.

Thank you.

-

Does anyone have the issue of trees not showing up? I can see a few trees, which appear to be Arma 3 models, but none of the Arma 2 trees, and I have CUP installed.

First of all thanks for this great job.

I'm having trouble whit the last update map, esseker 0.8, the save on SP is not working, I'm geting crash on load the saves, i dont now why,  i was looking for a old version to see if the save system work, but i cant find it at all. (sorry for the english, is not my native language)

@Tachyon+Esseker devs:

for me, the sinking of vehicle tires into the ground when using CUP Terrains Maps only happens in certain locations, NOT all over the map.  I have so far encountered this bug in the city of Esseker itself and in the village Borosh.  For the city I have screenshots of the car and the map location: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i5ykntwmjwhuq9p/esseker_roadbug_pic.jpg?dl=0 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i5ykntwmjwhuq9p/esseker_roadbug_pic.jpg?dl=0

But, well, since I use this awesome map to build RAVAGE post-apocalyptic missions, I can for now roleplay until it's fixed that the unmaintained roads several years after the apocalypse suffer from cave-ins that cause your car to get stuck with broken suspenders... :D  

Keep up your great work, Esseker is SPOT ON for RAVAGE missions!

Are u planing on fixing the lakes.

They apear in a weird black-blueish glamour if fog is enabled

Are u planing on fixing the lakes.

They apear in a weird black-blueish glamour if fog is enabled

Arma Bug, same on CUP terrains. Propably will be never fixed.

a9944f503844781.jpg

why are there still errors like that on almost every custommap?

im using CUP Terrains-Full 1.2.0

In MP I've met a situation when I opened inner doors and other player didn't see this.

This issue is connected with many doors in the buildings.

Is it feature or is it a bug?