ronhillultra

WIP - Esseker - post apocalyptic map

Good looking map. I like it.

Not sure if it's on Arma's end or your guys end when making the map, but in some of the buildings the rain sound randomly switches to sounding like you're back outside then goes back to sounding like you're inside. Not sure what the deal is with that. Not really anything that prevents one from playing the map, just odd sounding to me.

I was also curious if there are plans to change all of the structure doors to being closed? I realize you're going for the post apocalyptic theme, so maybe that's part of it, but having nearly every door hanging wide open seems a bit strange to me personally.

Hiya I don't know if its possible, but are you able to release a version of this map (and your other maps) that is interdependent of massive downloads like the mammoth 6.4gb download for the all in arma terrain pack? A lot of my friends have very slow internet speeds and that size of download is just too big.

We are not interested in additional units, vehicles or anything like that. We just want to use the terrain as a setting for our Zeus missions.

Such maps could benefit greatly from ambient sounds not included with Arma. Remember STALKER's creepy atmosphere?

EDIT 2:

Got so caught up in mid-mission-building that I didn't balance out my post. So I'll start with how much I appreciate this map. The detail is amazing. Terrain contours flow well and are very natural. Objects and debris/wreckage are very artfully and strategically scattered around the landscape, roads, and towns. Some nice landmarks and isolated buildings. I love the touches that show erosion on roadways (nearly lost my BRDM on a scouting run!). The ruined resorts look fantastic.

Even with my problems below, I love this map. I really look forward to seeing the remaining portions of the map that I can't access right now due to crashes.

I spend most of my time in the editor these days, it feels like. But I had to take the time out for a few playthroughs of my WIP UN aid worker rescue mission (with Ryan's zombies and demons, like most new zombie missions recently released). Day or night, sunny or overcast, this map is gorgeous. In case anyone is interested, 15 minutes before sunset (or after sunrise) with 0.8 fog and 0.75 overcast (with 50-100 bloom) makes for a pretty eerie / infernal red fog. I deliberately used setTimeMultiplier 0.1 just to make the 20 minutes of sunset last longer. :D I also forced no NVGs with flashlights forced on to make the darkness creepier. But the map is also wonderfully moody with 1.0 fog, 1.0 overcast and pouring rain.

Issues:

Is anyone else getting crashes near Plava Vrana Military Complex? I've tried it with only AIA terrain and Esseker mods loaded on version 1.50 (not dev). Walking in on foot up the road (from the south side), from the east, flying over, etc. As soon as some object in the location comes into line of sight, the game crashes every time.

Last line I get in my .rpt file is:

16:39:15 Bad simulation fire, type Land_Campfire_F (class=house), a3\structures_f\civ\camping\campfire_f.p3d

Also, an unrelated error, I get this in editor but doesn't cause immediate crashes:

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicleClasses.ES_Old_House_low01'.

Let me know if more info is needed.

EDIT:

Upon further playtesting with just the map and a single playable BLUFOR rifleman, I found more areas that caused the game to crash:

headed westbound into Kula
grid 051980
y 5231

headed eastbound towards the power station
grid 037972
y 4410

west side of Esseker Industrial Zone
grid 081986
y 5818

Entering the Pilana sawmill

Great map, just one problem for me. I have no idea what could be the cause, so lets take a look.

scaletowidth

At the town Gulash, everything is fine for me. Graphics are only on normal to high, some things on very high. But, when i drive East down the main road, about under a minute in, i start getting serious lag spikes. Then, either at some point it Freezes my game forcing me to shut down Arma 3 entirely, or it just crashes the game, and forces it to CTD anyway. Not sure what it is, not sure if it's loading something up, but for now, this map is completely unplayable for me.

EDIT 2:

Got so caught up in mid-mission-building that I didn't balance out my post. So I'll start with how much I appreciate this map. The detail is amazing. Terrain contours flow well and are very natural. Objects and debris/wreckage are very artfully and strategically scattered around the landscape, roads, and towns. Some nice landmarks and isolated buildings. I love the touches that show erosion on roadways (nearly lost my BRDM on a scouting run!). The ruined resorts look fantastic.

Even with my problems below, I love this map. I really look forward to seeing the remaining portions of the map that I can't access right now due to crashes.

I spend most of my time in the editor these days, it feels like. But I had to take the time out for a few playthroughs of my WIP UN aid worker rescue mission (with Ryan's zombies and demons, like most new zombie missions recently released). Day or night, sunny or overcast, this map is gorgeous. In case anyone is interested, 15 minutes before sunset (or after sunrise) with 0.8 fog and 0.75 overcast (with 50-100 bloom) makes for a pretty eerie / infernal red fog. I deliberately used setTimeMultiplier 0.1 just to make the 20 minutes of sunset last longer. :D I also forced no NVGs with flashlights forced on to make the darkness creepier. But the map is also wonderfully moody with 1.0 fog, 1.0 overcast and pouring rain.

Issues:

Is anyone else getting crashes near Plava Vrana Military Complex? I've tried it with only AIA terrain and Esseker mods loaded on version 1.50 (not dev). Walking in on foot up the road (from the south side), from the east, flying over, etc. As soon as some object in the location comes into line of sight, the game crashes every time.

Last line I get in my .rpt file is:

16:39:15 Bad simulation fire, type Land_Campfire_F (class=house), a3\structures_f\civ\camping\campfire_f.p3d

Also, an unrelated error, I get this in editor but doesn't cause immediate crashes:

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicleClasses.ES_Old_House_low01'.

Let me know if more info is needed.

EDIT:

Upon further playtesting with just the map and a single playable BLUFOR rifleman, I found more areas that caused the game to crash:

headed westbound into Kula

grid 051980

y 5231

headed eastbound towards the power station

grid 037972

y 4410

west side of Esseker Industrial Zone

grid 081986

y 5818

Entering the Pilana sawmill

Having the same issues, did you manage to fix it or does it still happen too you ? 

It almost looks like that some dont have these crashes. 

Hi guys.

Im in the middle of creating a modpack for the Arma Community I am a part of.

We've stepped on a problem with your map, causing AIA and other maps using Arma 1 content to come up with this error message:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/423693713849737107/550BD52FAF6A4F0BB6EA066E89A9EC291096A5A3/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/423693713849736769/B306489DCFBA74E74ABB531EFD24C1927D658C56/

This problem does not occur with Esseker disabled. It prevents us to use your map in our modpack, because it may cause some crashes while changing the map.

The only map outside the AIA on which this errors are coming is Mogadishu. Is there a way to fix it? Am I doing something wrong? I hope that together we can find a solution to this problem.

Thanks.

PS. I started the game with only AIA and Esseker - same error shows up, while launching Arma 1 maps. It shows only once and after I reload the map, no errors occurs, but still some random crashes while changing the map itself are occuring.

Okay! Thanks for a quick response. I understand, but which config file are we talking about?

My guess would be esseker. Although as I type this I realize I finally got esseker the other day and use aiatp and don't have that error... is your aiatp updated and is esseker... I think latest is 0.7.?

I got AIA 2015-01-01 Hotfix and Esseker 0.7.0.5. Looking more into the mod configs.

Hmm... weird... thats an old aiaTP thing that I havent seen in ages (sure that got fixed)... i remember when it was happening to me tho which is why it immediately seemed familiar...

As stated in that post... If you can find where in the configs its pulling that from then you are good to go after you take out the destruct line for that object.

edit... i just loaded mine and it seems fine ... do you get the message on load of the editor or after working in it...

Aight, found it in AIA's buildings_c.pbo

class Land_Benzina_schnell: House
	{
		icon="\ca\buildings\icons\i_fuel_ca.paa";
		displayName="Fuel Station";
		animated=1;
		armor=400;
		model="\ca\buildings\benzina_schnell.p3d";
		nameSound="building";
		accuracy=0.5;
		cost=0;
		mapSize=7.5;
		destrType="destructBuilding";
		class DestructionEffects: DestructionEffects

class Land_Fuelstation: FuelStation
	{
		supplyRadius=3.3;
		ladders[]=
		{

{
				"start",
				"end"
			}
		};
	};

That's what i found and I really have no clue, what line should i delete from it. Any help is appreciated.

Aight, found it in AIA's buildings_c.pbo

That's what i found and I really have no clue, what line should i delete from it. Any help is appreciated.

I dont think that is the right config,  altho I'm not sure. 

class Land_Fuel_tank_big: Land_fuel_tank_small

{

animated = 0;

armor = 50;

model = "\ca\misc\Fuel_tank_big.p3d";

icon = "\Ca\misc\data\icons\i_fuel_CA.paa";

displayName = "$STR_DN_FUEL_STATION";

nameSound = "fuelstation";

accuracy = 0.5;

// transportFuel = 50000; /*I think this line is causing problems */

destrType = "DestructEngine";

};

And im just basing that on it only coming up with esseker enabled... altho it is strange that you are getting that error but i am not... i got the latest off steam 2 days  ago I think when steam finally started installing the mod packages properly for me.

Aight, I'll look for this inside Esseker config files, thanks for you help, buddy. Much appreciated

Wow. Found it inside the CST_Infrastructure.pbo -> Objects - > Fuelstations -> config.cpp

And indeed it was being overwritten by this wrong config. Deleted the fuel line in both classes, saving and I am about to test it.

I'll give you guys some heads up if it works.

Problem solved - thanks, cosmic for help! :)

WoW! I almost sh*t myself.... So great island, so much details..... Doo i see buildings from stalker :) ;)

Having the same issues, did you manage to fix it or does it still happen too you ? 

It almost looks like that some dont have these crashes. 

Hi, Dexter. I hadn't touched Esseker since that post. I just checked for any updates I might have missed. I'm up to date on Esseker and AIATP. Fired up Esseker and sure enough, as soon as any of the above locations enter my drawing distance, my game crashes and I have to kill the process in Windows task manager. So nothing's changed. I'm now running Arma 1.52, fyi. I don't know the first thing about map editing or de-pbo to fix it myself.

I noticed that Esseker has been processed as a map for ALiVE objectives, which is awesome and suggests people are successfully playing on it. Does this mean that other people are able to play this map without crashing the game? If so, can anyone point us at where to find the fixes?

Thanks!

Hi mates!

I got the a similar issue like dakaodo mention before. my game crashes (freeze) when i enter certain areas on the map like:

scrap yard and 500meter around it

south and east esseker

i got this error im my rpt log:

18:31:14 Error: selection end1 missing in memory LOD of model ca\buildings2\ind_cementworks\ind_expedice\ind_expedice_2.p3d

18:31:14 Error: selection end2 missing in memory LOD of model ca\buildings2\ind_cementworks\ind_expedice\ind_expedice_2.p3d
18:31:14 Error: selection end3 missing in memory LOD of model ca\buildings2\ind_cementworks\ind_expedice\ind_expedice_2.p3d
18:31:14 Error: selection end4 missing in memory LOD of model ca\buildings2\ind_cementworks\ind_expedice\ind_expedice_2.p3d
18:31:15 Strange convex component02 in cst\cst_residential\structures\house\chouse7.p3d:geometry
18:31:15 Strange convex component35 in cst\cst_residential\structures\house\chouse7.p3d:geometry
18:31:15 Strange convex component37 in cst\cst_residential\structures\house\chouse7.p3d:geometry
18:31:15 Strange convex component42 in cst\cst_residential\structures\house\chouse7.p3d:geometry
18:31:15 Strange convex component45 in cst\cst_residential\structures\house\chouse7.p3d:geometry
18:31:15 Strange convex component47 in cst\cst_residential\structures\house\chouse7.p3d:geometry
18:31:15 Strange convex component49 in cst\cst_residential\structures\house\chouse7.p3d:geometry
18:31:15 Strange convex component51 in cst\cst_residential\structures\house\chouse7.p3d:geometry
18:31:15 Strange convex component53 in cst\cst_residential\structures\house\chouse7.p3d:geometry
18:31:15 Strange convex component54 in cst\cst_residential\structures\house\chouse7.p3d:geometry
18:31:15 Strange convex component57 in cst\cst_residential\structures\house\chouse7.p3d:geometry
18:31:15 Strange convex component58 in cst\cst_residential\structures\house\chouse7.p3d:geometry
18:31:15 Strange convex component61 in cst\cst_residential\structures\house\chouse7.p3d:geometry
18:31:15 Strange convex component63 in cst\cst_residential\structures\house\chouse7.p3d:geometry
18:31:15 Strange convex component65 in cst\cst_residential\structures\house\chouse7.p3d:geometry
18:31:15 Strange convex component67 in cst\cst_residential\structures\house\chouse7.p3d:geometry
18:31:15 Strange convex component69 in cst\cst_residential\structures\house\chouse7.p3d:geometry
18:31:15 Strange convex component71 in cst\cst_residential\structures\house\chouse7.p3d:geometry
18:31:15 Strange convex component73 in cst\cst_residential\structures\house\chouse7.p3d:geometry
18:31:15 Strange convex component74 in cst\cst_residential\structures\house\chouse7.p3d:geometry
18:31:15 Strange convex component77 in cst\cst_residential\structures\house\chouse7.p3d:geometry
18:31:15 Strange convex component79 in cst\cst_residential\structures\house\chouse7.p3d:geometry
18:31:15 Strange convex component81 in cst\cst_residential\structures\house\chouse7.p3d:geometry
18:31:15 Strange convex component83 in cst\cst_residential\structures\house\chouse7.p3d:geometry
18:31:15 Strange convex component85 in cst\cst_residential\structures\house\chouse7.p3d:geometry
18:31:15 Strange convex component87 in cst\cst_residential\structures\house\chouse7.p3d:geometry
18:31:15 Strange convex component89 in cst\cst_residential\structures\house\chouse7.p3d:geometry
18:31:15 Strange convex component90 in cst\cst_residential\structures\house\chouse7.p3d:geometry
18:31:15 Strange convex component93 in cst\cst_residential\structures\house\chouse7.p3d:geometry
18:31:15 Strange convex component94 in cst\cst_residential\structures\house\chouse7.p3d:geometry
18:31:15 Strange convex component96 in cst\cst_residential\structures\house\chouse7.p3d:geometry
18:31:15 Strange convex component97 in cst\cst_residential\structures\house\chouse7.p3d:geometry
18:31:15 Strange convex component98 in cst\cst_residential\structures\house\chouse7.p3d:geometry
18:31:15 Strange convex component100 in cst\cst_residential\structures\house\chouse7.p3d:geometry
18:31:15 Strange convex component101 in cst\cst_residential\structures\house\chouse7.p3d:geometry
18:31:15 Strange convex component102 in cst\cst_residential\structures\house\chouse7.p3d:geometry
18:31:15 Strange convex component103 in cst\cst_residential\structures\house\chouse7.p3d:geometry
18:31:15 Strange convex component105 in cst\cst_residential\structures\house\chouse7.p3d:geometry
18:31:15 Strange convex component106 in cst\cst_residential\structures\house\chouse7.p3d:geometry
18:31:15 Strange convex component107 in cst\cst_residential\structures\house\chouse7.p3d:geometry
18:31:15 Strange convex component108 in cst\cst_residential\structures\house\chouse7.p3d:geometry
18:31:15 Strange convex component109 in cst\cst_residential\structures\house\chouse7.p3d:geometry
18:31:15 Strange convex component114 in cst\cst_residential\structures\house\chouse7.p3d:geometry
18:31:15 Strange convex component115 in cst\cst_residential\structures\house\chouse7.p3d:geometry
18:31:15 Strange convex component116 in cst\cst_residential\structures\house\chouse7.p3d:geometry
18:31:15 Strange convex component117 in cst\cst_residential\structures\house\chouse7.p3d:geometry
18:31:15 Strange convex component118 in cst\cst_residential\structures\house\chouse7.p3d:geometry
18:31:15 Strange convex component119 in cst\cst_residential\structures\house\chouse7.p3d:geometry
18:31:15 Strange convex component120 in cst\cst_residential\structures\house\chouse7.p3d:geometry
18:31:15 Strange convex component121 in cst\cst_residential\structures\house\chouse7.p3d:geometry
18:31:15 Strange convex component122 in cst\cst_residential\structures\house\chouse7.p3d:geometry
18:31:15 Strange convex component123 in cst\cst_residential\structures\house\chouse7.p3d:geometry
18:31:15 Strange convex component124 in cst\cst_residential\structures\house\chouse7.p3d:geometry
18:31:15 Strange convex component125 in cst\cst_residential\structures\house\chouse7.p3d:geometry
18:31:15 Old style material 205 used in ReportStack not available
18:31:15 Old style material 205 used in ReportStack not available

any ideas?