ronhillultra

WIP - Esseker - post apocalyptic map

Any other reviews for this, hows performance? i just got rid off AIA and so reluctant to down load it gain for one map even though it looks great in screens and video.

How does AI react on this map? Does pathfinding work? Can they see through trees (meaning is it A2 or A3 vegetation)?

Seeing there is a city called "Novi Grad", I would love to see "Oxenfurt" and "Vizima", too :D.

Edited by TheConen

Can they see through trees *snip*?
After a few tests with AI in the woods, the answer is no.

Tested with various trees and bushes, but can't confirm it for all types of vegetation, so take this answer with a grain of salt.

29p4203.jpg

Yay I found an anomaly :P (yes I know it's a visual glitch hehe), btw can you please enable town lighting at nightfall?

btw can you please enable town lighting at nightfall?

In a post apocalyptic world...?

In a post apocalyptic world...?

good point :P

A lot of the buildings don't seem to show up in the editor or ingame map. Is there any way I can fix that?

A lot of the buildings don't seem to show up in the editor or ingame map. Is there any way I can fix that?

I believe it's still wip, so not all assets might placed yet?

Ron is aware, for the record Mikeros pro tools will fix it using dep3d but ONLY if you're the terrains author, not something clients can fix.

Ron is aware, for the record Mikeros pro tools will fix it using dep3d but ONLY if you're the terrains author, not something clients can fix.

Okay, cool.

I keep getting this crash when near the Old Esseker area.

23wjz0h.jpg

EDIT: I really like what i have seen so far though, it uses objects in a nice and interesting way, generating cool locations. Really makes it different from other maps. Have you thought about posting this in the normal addons forum so it might get the attention it deserves?

Edited by NeMeSiS

Wow - good job. This is brilliant !

Loving the custom objects Vegetation etc... Very classy.

Lots of detail on placement too.

And PONDS ! Awesome

+1 you ought to report your OP and request a move to the mods sections

SJ

Very impressive. This map really stands out. I usually lose interest very quickly when exploring a new map for the first time and end up hopping into Zeus to find locations the easy way. But this map is different. I have spent long amounts of time simply wondering the empty map and keep finding remote locations more interesting than the last. Just now I was wondering through the woods in the rain and had a serious flashback to The Last Of Us dam section.

Great terrain, shaping up to be in a class of the elite.

Just downloaded the newest version from Armaholic and I just had to sign in here to say: well done!

The map has a great feeling and many, many great details that gives the map soul. I'm looking forward to testing this with some other players to see how it runs FPS-wise. Had a massive FPS drop in the cave areas, but I can just stay away from there.

Again, great job so far. The best custom map I've played in ARMA 3 since Bornholm.

this map ^^ I can say only wow ... marvelous!

how's about ALiVE indexing of map, that would be perfect.

kind regards

maquez [Q-Net]

What I saw is lovely, Chernarus/Bystrica vibes. It's time I get my broken computer back.

Thread Moved to Arma3 Discussion Area as MAKE ARMA NOT WAR contest has finished

I keep getting this crash when near the Old Esseker area.

http://i60.tinypic.com/23wjz0h.jpg

EDIT: I really like what i have seen so far though, it uses objects in a nice and interesting way, generating cool locations. Really makes it different from other maps. Have you thought about posting this in the normal addons forum so it might get the attention it deserves?

I have this issue as well, when flying near Old Esseker (industrial area), my arma 3 freezes and I have to force close it. Other than that, from what I've seen, the map is beautiful, has great variety and towns are nicely put with things in between to keep one entertained. Keep up the good work!

Hi ... absolute awesome work! ... It was an cool session wandering around and finding new Eastereggs ;) ... (and some little bugs too - (obejcts not on groundlevel near entrance to military bunker)). I felt like i was some lone survicor wandering around ... seems like a perfect mixture between a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and some Zombie-like settting.

Keep up te work!

Your download link leads to a portuguese shop page. Please provide a working download link.

#edit: additionally: The armaholic downloads counts as version 0.7.0.5, your homepage lists it as 0.75, just as PWS does. But the bisigns from the armaholic download have the format xyz.essek0705.bisign. Which number is the right one?

And is there a link to download the bikey from, as the armaholic download does not contain a key file.