Sign in to follow this  
jshock

Simple Flare Script (SFS)

Hello Arma Community,

I present to you the:

Simple Flare Script

Short Description: A modular script that allows a mission developer to create aerial or ground flares on a marker, object, or position array.

Parameters:

1- Position for flare: (string(marker name)/position array/object) (default: objNull)
2- Type of flare ("AERIAL", "GROUND"): (string) (default: "AERIAL")
3- Height of flare (for AERIAL type only): (scalar) (default: 100)
4- Number of flares (-1: infinite, 0: none, >0: defined number): (scalar) (default: 1)
5- Color of flare ("WHITE", "RED", "YELLOW", "GREEN", "IR"): (string) (default: "white")

Usage:

Place the SFS folder in your mission directory.

In the init.sqf or initPlayerLocal.sqf:

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "SFS\SFS_inlineFncs.sqf";

Example call lines (can be triggered, scripted, etc.):

null = [player,"GROUND",0,0,"white"] execVM "SFS\SFS_init.sqf";//object based
null = ["flareMarker","AERIAL",150,1,"yellow"] execVM "SFS\SFS_init.sqf";//marker based
null = [[1770,5540,5.5],"AERIAL",150,-1,"red"] execVM "SFS\SFS_init.sqf";//position array based

Future Plans:

(Currently WIP)Addon Version (In-Game Module Based) (Maybe... :p )

Multi-shot aerial flares

Sounds

Speed/Direction Alteration (depending on request)

Vertically Fired Flares

Flare "time-to-kill" (duration of flare)

Download:

news_download_a3_3.png

Changelog:

v0.5.1

>>Added IR flare option

v0.5

>>Initial Release

Edited by JShock
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for informing us about the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

If I may make a suggestion, flares don't burn for very long in vanilla. You might want to make a parameter to increase their time? I've made a script before and flares burn for about 20 seconds, so if you just spawn another flare on top, it might be helpful! Also flares tend to have this annoying sink into the ground effect, if you're not already doing this, you might want to set their velocity to [0,0,0], maybe raise them a bit above ground.

If I may make a suggestion, flares don't burn for very long in vanilla. You might want to make a parameter to increase their time? I've made a script before and flares burn for about 20 seconds, so if you just spawn another flare on top, it might be helpful! Also flares tend to have this annoying sink into the ground effect, if you're not already doing this, you might want to set their velocity to [0,0,0], maybe raise them a bit above ground.

I had thought about a duration setting originally but just felt like getting this out there, but will look into it (harder part is the aerial flares). As far as sinking into the ground, that should be an easy fix (will get to it when I add a feature or two to the script).

Thanks for the feedback :D.

Edited by JShock

UPDATED

Changelog:

v0.5.1

>>Added IR flare option

*Parameter information updated.

*Additions to Future Plans

Edited by JShock

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

If anyone is interested in testing out the addon version (Alpha) of this script, please PM me for details :D.