Sign in to follow this  
zir

ZiR - Headpack#1 (Africa)

Current Version: Beta 0.1

Headpack1small.jpg

I was a little disappointed with the limited choice of non-european heads/faces. While BLUFOR has enough faces to simulate diversity, the CSAT looks like the bloody clone army from "StarWars: the bad sequels".

This pack offers you 16 new faces for african characters.

I have tried my best to cover more than just one area/nation. You will find that some faces look more central/west african while others slightly more east-african. I have attached a reference picture to the screenshots for your convinience.

While I'm not quite satisfied with the quality of the textures, I will continue to update this pack every now and then. In addition, there are two more packs in the works. A far-east-asian and a middle-east. Both will be released in a month or two ( if work doesn't come in my way )

As always I'll be very happy about feedback.

Screenshots:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/49867075335211167/3203DC7E66100E86AB70526ADD90844249F59B8F/

Readme+Classnames:

"ZIR_FACE_AFR_01" through "ZIR_FACE_AFR_16"

A proper readme will be provided in the 1.0 version

Requirements:

None

Credit:

Feel free to use these guys in your missions/addons. If you do so, please give credit where credit is due.

Download:

SteamWorkshop:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=346645835

Dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f6i4vzuhgj0oy7i/zir_headpack1.7z?dl=0

Happy ArmAing and Hakuna Matata!

Edited by ZiR

Oh my God Morgan Freeman is in there!

(ZIR_Face_Afr_03! ^^)

crazy idea dude, looks superb

Thanks steph, that was exactly the reaction I hoped for.

(ZIR_Face_Afr_03! ^^)

Damn right he is, but please don't tell him.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. Soon we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

This ZIR_Face_Afr_03 and ArmAggedon = Deep Impact!!!! (on that movie he´s kinda Obama on his 6th term as president lol)

(ZIR_Face_Afr_03! ^^)

Lol I actually read that as Gordon Freeman, and I was like, wtf, in an African pack?

Faces look great dude. Interested in seeing the rest eventually.

New mod 0.1-beta available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@ZiR;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and soon also publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Wait a second...is this happening for real ? Someone finally know how to create custom faces with no blue arms ?

Nice work man! Will you be adding some more faces ressembling the people found in Sahel and Sahara, or Somalia who often have black skin but more caucasian features that the rest of black people in the future?

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

Thanks Fox. Much appreciated.

New mod 0.1-beta available at withSIX.

Thanks a lot Sonsalt6

Nice work man! Will you be adding some more faces ressembling the people found in Sahel and Sahara, or Somalia who often have black skin but more caucasian features that the rest of black people in the future?

Well actually, it's impossible to recreate People with distinct Somalian features without creating new 3D models. There is simply no 3D head that fits. All I can do via retex is to apply them to a "Persianhead_A3" or a "DefaultHead_A3" like I did with "zir_head_afr_09". I need you guys to tell me if he looks Somali - I've been staring on my Photoshop/Virtual Arsenal screen for too long to be able to tell. If the solution I have chosen turns out to be satisfactory, I'll add more East-African heads in the next updates.

Anyway, thanks guys. It's my pleasure!

Well actually, it's impossible to recreate People with distinct Somalian features without creating new 3D models. There is simply no 3D head that fits. All I can do via retex is to apply them to a "Persianhead_A3" or a "DefaultHead_A3" like I did with "zir_head_afr_09". I need you guys to tell me if he looks Somali - I've been staring on my Photoshop/Virtual Arsenal screen for too long to be able to tell. If the solution I have chosen turns out to be satisfactory, I'll add more East-African heads in the next updates.

Well, since these heads are retextures, you actually did an even better job, because while i haven' t tried the addon yet (will do so in a few minutes),but when i looked at the screen you posted i thought that they were new models. The "zir_head_afr_09" does look somalian to me, it indeed struck my attention when i looked at the screenshot.

And while maybe not somalian, the 16, 06, and maybe 11 could imo pass for the kind of faces that you can find in the Sahara-Sahel region.

Well, since these heads are retextures, you actually did an even better job, because while i haven' t tried the addon yet (will do so in a few minutes),but when i looked at the screen you posted i thought that they were new models. The "zir_head_afr_09" does look somalian to me, it indeed struck my attention when i looked at the screenshot.

And while maybe not somalian, the 16, 06, and maybe 11 could imo pass for the kind of faces that you can find in the Sahara-Sahel region.

Thanks Tsark. Actually samples 06, 11 and 16 are taken from Somali actors. You have a good eye for this kind of thing.

I'm going to download just for Morgan Freeman. :bounce3:

Now you just need a decent Morgan voice actor and you're good to go.

a94.png

Edited by ZiR

Thanks Tsark. Actually samples 06, 11 and 16 are taken from Somali actors. You have a good eye for this kind of thing.

Hehe thanks, that' s because i' ve had in the back of my mind for quite some time now the idea of making some missions inspired by the French intervention in Mali, so i' m taking a close look at any addons that might improve the immersion. Face09 also looks great for this kind of use.

So i' ve tried the addon, and it looks great, i will definitely use it in my missions. But i have to say, the faces 06,08,09 and 11 look like zombies with their blood gorged eyes lol, with this fixed the addon will be absolutely great.

zombies.

Thanks for the input, I'll have it fixed with the next release.