Sign in to follow this  
foxer

Gun control...

I thought i would post this because i know how some people are anti-gun control and people that don't want no one to have guns.

Site here

In real numbers, 151,000 out of nearly 7.6 million applicants

That's sure is alotta guns.. smile.gif

I'm for tough gun control. The less guns around, the less shootings. If everyone has a gun, everyone is PARANOID of everyone else. If you have tough gun laws, less criminals have guns. Sure, some criminals will get guns, but way less than if you have open gun laws. Living most of my life in New Zealand with pretty strict gunlaws, I can tell you that we dont have very many gun homicides. Sure, there are a few everynow and then and of course stabbings and the like, but unless you conviscate every object that could possibly kill someone, you still get homicides.

I think if there were open gun laws, that allow up-standing, law abiding citizens own and carry a firearm, the criminal will almost in all cases take a moment of pause before commiting his crime for fear of getting himself killed by his victim. smile.gif

MJM

i am not too thrilled about strict gun laws. i think any law abiding citizens, providing they have the cash should be allowed to own what ever weapon they wish. i have a friend that has a semi automatic AK47. in my news paper, it showed a buncha bubas and their own MP5s firing away at a shooting range.

Story:

I friend of mine worked at a service station in Philapelphia PA, as a service attendant. One night, a group of individuals pulled in the gas station. They exited the car and were hanging out, and not going about their business. He became suspecious and aksed. "Can I help you?" They just looked at him and began whispering to themselves. He then pulled back his jacket, exposing his chrome sidearm in its holdster, and repeated his question. They continued whispering to themseves, then suddenly they boarded their car and left the station... They did the right thing and no one got hurt.

sometimes deterance works.

MJM

If I see a group of kids hanging out in a shopping mall, shoult I pull out a Kalishnakov to wave it in their faces becuase they probably have knives in their pockets?

well i guess it would depend on what they are using those knives for. keep in mind though that just because crime is always low ware you live doesn't mean its low in other places so some people are naturally paranoid after have they store/house robed three times.

Over the weekend, a house 2 blocks from mine where an elderly couple lived was invaded by 4-6 men, they beat the 82 year old man close to death and tied up the woman, and ransacked the place looking for money or valuables, even though the couple lived well below the poverty line. There has been at least 5 reported home invasions in my area per week.

As for me, if some punks want to home invade my house, I'm ready for them. Loaded shotgun next to my bed (they mostly come at night) I got knives "hidden" around the house (I don't want to be taking a shit in the bathroom when thye come bashing in my front door, only for me to come out holding my dick in my hand). And I'm not going to use the gun just to chase them away, I'm shooting first. This little gang of home invaders have been targeting the elderly, and since my block is over 75% elderly, they just might come kicking in my door. These people are scum and they will get what's coming to them.

-=Die Alive=-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">shoult I pull out a Kalishnakov to wave it in their faces becuase they probably have knives in their pockets?

<span id='postcolor'>

No.

All I'm saying is sometimes it may be neccessary to defend youself if you feel threatened when caught in a compromised situation, or when no other help is available.

My friend didn't have immediate access to a telephone to call for help if he were need to use it. There were no other customers there to witness if those individuals did try something.

I believe a firearm serves as the first line, and the last line of defence. If it is used properly and responsibly...

MJM

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">These people are scum and they will get what's coming to them.<span id='postcolor'>

My thoughts exactly, good for you.

As for the whole 'gun control' debate; we have had countless numbers of these threads and I am tired of arguing with people. There is another thread on this a few pages down, go and read it.

Lock this thread.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">As for me, if some punks want to home invade my house, I'm ready for them<span id='postcolor'>

I don't own a firearm only because my neighborhood isn't bad with violent crime. But I also have various other weapons around the house. It could happen to me one day, and I'll know that I'll be prepared if it does.

Thats why I believe everyone has the right bear arms.

MJM

No guns is a good policy for everybody. If you're worried about protecting yourself and your family then learn a martial art, install a decent alarm system. No ordinary decent person should have to live with a gun under their pillow.

There's no way to justify killing somebody just for trying to pinch your DVD anyways.

Besides the constitutional right to bear arms is nothing to do with protection from criminals. It is specifically to do with protecting oneself from a tyrannanical government, should one emerge. It's been distorted over the years by the NRA and other groups to take it out of context.

I'm growing tired of those debates about gun control. If you have groundbreaking and new material, find an old thread and post it in there, but only if its groundbreaking and new and you have a valid point to make.