Sign in to follow this  
pharoah

Vietnam type dynamic missions

hi guys

ARMA 3 is PERFECT for us to recreate the Vietnam war (particularly Sth Vietnam) using something like say the N'Ziwasogo with a number of permanent US bases but having:

- roving patrols of enemy soldiers from 3 to say a squad size (10)

- US patrols of 10-20

- LRRP type missions (5 man, deep insertions to recon and find weapons caches or locations of enemy bases which could potentially move)

- defend the base type scenario (attacks from enemy soldiers in force of say 1-2 companies ie. 100-200 men)

- using current US v Soviet weaponry

Is this doable? I know there's 'whole lotta Altis' (which I haven't tried) but was hoping this could be somehow 'ported' over to a jungle map. Depending on the size, that would be perfect for MP or COOP missions.

Yes, these are all great ideas. Vietnam era weapons can be found in RobertHammer's M4 Pack, and HLC AK/M60 packs. I'm not sure where we would find good vietnam uniforms for both the US and the OPFOR soldiers. And for insertion missions you would need a good mod for the Huey helicopter (HAFM maybe?). It would be interesting to see a mission like that.

Search for "vietnam" in the Arma 3 mod subforums, you may find something useful - you never know ;)

VTE preview has both US and Charlie´s uniforms, but it is still kinda on alpha stage, but it is a start... EricJ just released a Thompson M1 (there´s a tacticool version, but the classic is there) standalone (it is not within his pack so you guys can grab it )

Don´t forget the Alduric´s Vietnam mod, thou not perfect, it is kinda bundled up with major Vietnam gear n stuff =D