champ-1

CH View Distance Addon

Thanks for the fast response.

I will test the new version when I am back home.

EDIT: New version works fine.

heya there m8,

after the last update the entire mod version of the view distance has disapeared from my scroll menu..

any idea as too why this has happened ?

heya there m8,

after the last update the entire mod version of the view distance has disapeared from my scroll menu..

I think it was removed so as not to clutter that stupid scroll wheel. I think you have to press "CRTL /" to bring up CHVD options. I do like it better this way.

6 hours ago, schuurmanst said:

heya there m8,

If you running CBA you can access view distance settings with hotkey. You can configure your hotkeys in "Options > Controls > Configure Addons > CH View Distance".

I've started using this again. A previous version had stutters or lag as the VD changed when getting in and out of vehicles, but this version is much smoother.

Thank you!

12 hours ago, Tankbuster said:

I've started using this again. A previous version had stutters or lag as the VD changed when getting in and out of vehicles, but this version is much smoother.

Thank you!

It's probably because you have different terrain quality setting when you in vehicle and on foot.

Changing terrain quality from "Low" to "Very High" could cause lag.

• Like 1

Perhaps. I don't remember having different terrain for vehicle or foot, but I'm not complaining. It's working and my guys love it.

CH View Distance v1.13

4ZlonzV.jpg un8YSlN.jpg Tceaqtm.jpg

Changelog:

v1.13

- added: new CBA keybindings for changing terrain quality
- added: one more terrain quality value for finer control
- changed: reduced time hints displaying on the screen when changing view distance with hotkeys
- changed: better looking hints
- fixed: addon and script version conflicting on rare occasion
- fixed: terrain quality listbox not working on rare occasion

Download

or

Subscribe on Steam Workshop

• Like 3

Can you tell us a little about what sync mode, dynamic and FOV do? I can't decide which to use.

*edit* Oh I see you discussed it earlier...

I'm not seeing CHVD in CBA config menu. Does it have to be installed in @CHVD folder or something. Otherwise it works great using Ctrl + Backslash. Currently using addon version.

Edit: nevermind, it decided to work now.

Excellent work.

Would everyone using this mod give me a run down of their settings?

Currently I am trying these and getting 35-50fps.

9Ko6DE0.jpg

Great addon overall,

one little detail bothers me though. I am not sure, but since the ui overhaul a message about which keybinding opens ch view distance is being displayed at each mission load. I feel this is quite unnecessary and pulls one out of the game needlessly. Champ, would you think of removing this reminder again? I think most people are able to check which keybinding does what anyway. I'd much appreciate the change, thx.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, xon2 said:

Great addon overall,

one little detail bothers me though. I am not sure, but since the ui overhaul a message about which keybinding opens ch view distance is being displayed at each mission load. I feel this is quite unnecessary and pulls one out of the game needlessly. Champ, would you think of removing this reminder again? I think most people are able to check which keybinding does what anyway. I'd much appreciate the change, thx.

People wouldn't know this feature exists if they don't see message like that. Since there is no indication anywhere else. Besides that if someone sets up keybindings and then forgets about them. Without message like that this thread would be flooded with messages "WHY YO THING NO WORK????"

Is there a way to increase view distance more than 12 000 with you mod or script?

hello, the scripted version works well but an error pops up when exiting a mission (or sometime even when loading the eden editor).
In the RPT :
ERROR: [CHVD_fnc_updateSettings] Error: type DISPLAY expected SCALAR on index 0 in [Display #46,4]"
I did not try with the addon version.

I have the same problem...

ERROR: [CHVD_fnc_updateSettings] Error: type DISPLAY expected SCALAR on index 0 in [Display #46,4]"

Any update on fixing mission end error?.

Not really a major, but fixing any errors is nice.

how can I disable changing terrain quality by players?
I wanna disable this, because with low terrain quality - players can see objects behind rocks on far distance