champ-1

CH View Distance Addon

CHVD_allowNoGrass = true; // Set 'false' if you want to disable "Low" option for terrain (default: true)

Feature request: Could you not disable the complete "LOW" option but just force it to use a terrain value of 48 instead of 50?

Its nearly the same just with the fewest bit of grass left to screw your vision while prone.

Feature request: Could you not disable the complete "LOW" option but just force it to use a terrain value of 48 instead of 50?

Its nearly the same just with the fewest bit of grass left to screw your vision while prone.

Even with CHVD_allowNoGrass set to 'true' you can set your terrain manually to 48.99. Just type this number in textbox.

Have you ever though about adding a grass setting independent of terrain detail level to CHVD? Optimally, I would like to have my terrain detail set to very high so as to not have floating geometry and people/vehicles in the ground, but grass set to low. I use [KH]Jman's low grass addon, but unfortunately it only works on Altis and Stratis and I spend most of my time on the AiA maps.

Have you ever though about adding a grass setting independent of terrain detail level to CHVD? Optimally, I would like to have my terrain detail set to very high so as to not have floating geometry and people/vehicles in the ground, but grass set to low.
It's impossible as far as I know.
I use [KH]Jman's low grass addon, but unfortunately it only works on Altis and Stratis and I spend most of my time on the AiA maps.
It probably changes textures of the grass itself. That's why it works only on vanilla maps.

Hello,

Great mod.  I was using it yesterday, but today I don't see the scroll menu item now.  I know it's still working because the grass is still gone and he view distance changes in vicks.  My problem is that I set the view distance kinda low and no way to change it back.  Any suggestions to make it start working again?  Also, it may be because of the arma update?  Thanks for any guidance.  Can someone point me in the right direction to change the setting in my profile?  Thanks again.

Larry

Hello,

Great mod.  I was using it yesterday, but today I don't see the scroll menu item now.  I know it's still working because the grass is still gone and he view distance changes in vicks.  My problem is that I set the view distance kinda low and no way to change it back.  Any suggestions to make it start working again?  Also, it may be because of the arma update?  Thanks for any guidance.  Can someone point me in the right direction to change the setting in my profile?  Thanks again.

Larry

Help? anyone?

CH View Distance v1.10

IIeIiC3.jpg

Note:

This update changed a lot of internal code and I made it pretty fast so it could have some bugs.

It has pretty nice features I've been wanting myself. FOV based dynamic object view distance is one of them and I think it should be in game by default. But, nevertheless, here it is.

Formula I use to calculate object view distance based on FOV is still pretty rough. I think it might not work as well if you changed your default FOV in game files. So I would be glad to hear your suggestions. :)

Also I added German translation from Ian Bones. I don't know the quality of that translation and couple new words I added are not translated, so please leave the feedback.

Changelog:

v1.10

- added: new dynamic synchronization of object view distance, including the method based on current FOV

- added: beta version of the German translation (please leave feedback. I'm neither know German, nor can test it in game)

- changed: UI reworked to fit new dynamic options

Download

or

Subscribe on Steam Workshop

• Like 3

Thank you for the update.

Can you maybe explain the difference between the "Dynamic" and the "FOV" setting?

The FOV setting changes when you look through your scope or binoculars.

But what does the dynamic mode do?

So I use the script for this addon. Adding this through the server does one have better performance or does it matter?

Is it possible to have to addaction attached to an object at base rather than on the players menu all game?

Thanks for this too by the way, it's pretty amazing 

7 hours ago, meiestrix said:

Thank you for the update.

Can you maybe explain the difference between the "Dynamic" and the "FOV" setting?

The FOV setting changes when you look through your scope or binoculars.

But what does the dynamic mode do?

Dynamic mode syncs object view distance to view distance at certain percentage. For example, if you have 1000 view distance and sync it at 75%, add-on will set object view distance to 750, and so on.

FOV mode uses second ("object") slider as minimal object view distance and first ("view") slider as maximum object view distance. And it changes object view distance based on your current zoom between this two values.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Iceman2004 said:

So I use the script for this addon. Adding this through the server does one have better performance or does it matter?

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean :(

42 minutes ago, JD Wang said:

Is it possible to have to addaction attached to an object at base rather than on the players menu all game?

Thanks for this too by the way, it's pretty amazing 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, champ-1 said:

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean :(

Is there any diff between the add-on or scripted version

12 minutes ago, Iceman2004 said:

Is there any diff between the add-on or scripted version

Very minor at the moment. Addon version is tweaked in a way so it doesn't interfere with a script version. And addon version shuts down if script version is running.

CH View Distance v1.11

xFpeTfq.jpg Nv3HbQa.jpg

Note:

New hotkeys feature requires CBA A3 Addon. Though you can still run this script / addon without it, but hotkeys aren't going to work.

Also feedback needed on French and German translation.

Changelog:

v1.11
- added: CBA Keybindings compatibility. You can adjust addon/script hotkeys in "controls" menu

- added: ability to increase / decrease view distance by 500m with hotkeys
- added: French translation by norx_aengell

Download

or

Subscribe on Steam Workshop

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hg2012trigger said:

is it possible to include this features to the ace- interaction menu?

Well, you could try that.

But, personally I don't see a point. Hotkeys much more convenient.

• Like 1

For me the latest version does not work on a dedicated server.

I can open the interface and change the values in the interface but they are not saved.

When i move the slider the value does not change.

10 hours ago, meiestrix said:

For me the latest version does not work on a dedicated server.

I can open the interface and change the values in the interface but they are not saved.

When i move the slider the value does not change.

I think I found the problem

• Like 2

Please try this version: *edit*

• Like 2