CH View Distance Addon

CH View Distance v1.13

Download from Dropbox

Subscribe on Steam Workshop

Download on Armaholic

Download on withSIX

IIeIiC3.jpg

Description:

This little addon allows you to flexibly adjust your view distance and terrain quality based on actual ingame situation. 

It's neatly packed with features:

- adjust view distance or terrain quality based on current vehicle type;

- synchronize object view distance to your view distance or adjust it automatically based on your current zoom;

- all settings save to profile and load seamlessly on every mission start;

- supports CBA Keybindings and swift view distance change with hotkeys;

- mission makers have the ability to limit maximum view distance and restrict deactivation of ground vegetation in the scenario.

Mission version included in download files.

Videos:

Spoiler

Screenshots:

Spoiler

3HkrADF.jpg

un8YSlN.jpg

Tceaqtm.jpg

4ZlonzV.jpg

How to install script version:

Spoiler

1. Place "CHVD" folder in your mission folder.

2. Add this code to description.ext file in your mission folder:

#include "CHVD\dialog.hpp"
class CfgFunctions
{
#include "CHVD\CfgFunctions.hpp"
};
3. (Optional) If you want localization copy "stringtable.xml" to your mission folder.

4. (Optional) Add these commands to init.sqf file in your mission folder if you wish to limit some functionality:

CHVD_allowNoGrass = true; // Set 'false' if you want to disable "Low" option for terrain (default: true)
CHVD_maxView = 2500; // Set maximum view distance (default: 12000)
CHVD_maxObj = 2500; // Set maximimum object view distance (default: 12000)

Changelog:

v1.13

- added: new CBA keybindings for changing terrain quality
- added: one more terrain quality value for finer control
- changed: reduced time hints displaying on the screen when changing view distance with hotkeys
- changed: better looking hints
- fixed: addon and script version conflicting on rare occasion
- fixed: terrain quality listbox not working on rare occasion

Spoiler

v1.12
- hotfix: broken sliders and some minor fixes

v1.11

- added: CBA Keybindings compatibility. You can adjust addon/script hotkeys in "controls" menu

- added: ability to increase / decrease view distance by 500m with hotkeys
- added: French translation by norx_aengell

v1.10

- added: new dynamic synchronization of object view distance, including the method based on current FOV

- added: beta version of the German translation (please leave feedback. I'm neither know German, nor can test it in game)

- changed: UI reworked to fit new dynamic options

v1.07

- fixed: error showing up after 1.44 update

v1.06

- fixed: shadows view distance reset to 100m every time

v1.05

- added: Russian localization

- changed: UI to fit any localized text in the future

v1.04

- fixed: object view distance not updating after checking "sync" checkbox

- fixed: boats not using proper view distance (now they use "in car" view distance)

- fixed: addon overwriting script version functions

v1.03

- added: support of UAV and UGV units (as suggested by EasyEB)

v1.02

- fixed: obscured text with different interface sizes (thanks Law-Giver for suggestion)

- fixed: missing font error

v1.01

- fixed: pbo file signature

- fixed: spelling mistake

- changed: default input focus is now set to slider instead of textbox to prevent accidental typing

v1.0

- first release

Download

• Like 6

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Glad to see this come to fruition!

Congrats Champ (and Iceman for helping out)!

EDIT: Do you really think tooltips are necessary? The purpose of this addon is self-evident.

CH View Distance Addon v1.0.

Nice addon mate, only one thing I noticed in fn_openDialog.sqf you put "Standart" instead of i'm assuming "Standard". ;)

EDIT: Do you really think tooltips are necessary? The purpose of this addon is self-evident.

Nothing is necessary, but it's nice to have it all.

Nice addon mate, only one thing I noticed in fn_openDialog.sqf you put "Standart" instead of i'm assuming "Standard". ;)

Mai ingrish iz gud

Mai ingrish iz gud
LOL! My English is terrible for an Englishman. ;)

Nothing is necessary, but it's nice to have it all.

You think good, Champ. You think good.

New mod 1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@Champ-1;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and soon also publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Nice addon, but battleeye kicks me on our dedicated server. signature file is not ok.

Is there any possibility of getting a SP version of this addon. I have several SP missions that this would be very helpful...particularly a mission that starts off air to air with a shootdown and then escape & evade. Would be nice to have large view distance at altitude and smaller VD at ground level.

B

Nice addon, but battleeye kicks me on our dedicated server. signature file is not ok.

Yep, you are right.

I have no idea why this is happening. I resigned PBO couple times through GUI and command line. Still error:

8:13:04 Player Champ: Wrong signature for file D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@CHVD\addons\chvd.pbo

It would be nice if someone could consult me on this one.

---------- Post added at 08:21 ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 ----------

Is there any possibility of getting a SP version of this addon. I have several SP missions that this would be very helpful...particularly a mission that starts off air to air with a shootdown and then escape & evade. Would be nice to have large view distance at altitude and smaller VD at ground level.

B

It works just fine in singleplayer.

Sorry Champ,

My bad... was looking for it in the pause menu or a button under config addons. Works fantastic.

Only ?...Is there any way to get it off the mouse wheel an d into the pause meny sceen like AGM?

B

Sorry Champ,

My bad... was looking for it in the pause menu or a button under config addons. Works fantastic.

Only ?...Is there any way to get it off the mouse wheel an d into the pause meny sceen like AGM?

B

Of course there is a way. But I don't know how to do it yet.

Maybe someday I'll put it there, but for now its fine like that.

Hi Champ,

are you using Bohemia Arma 3 Tools from Steam?

Yeah

Use v2 signatures!
There is no such option in DSSignFile

CH View Distance Addon v1.01

Download

Changelog:

v1.01

- fixed: pbo file signature

- fixed: spelling mistake

- changed: default input focus is now set to slider instead of textbox to prevent accidental typing

Edited by Champ-1

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Suggestion: As I most often set the values once, and forget about it. Could it be possible to add an option to move the settings menu for this into the ESC menu? I don't like to have to much on my action menu. Just an idea.

The addon version looks good. Is it possible to override the settings, if players use the addon version, with the script version? If missionmaker want to force grass and view distance for players on a specific setting, is this possible to override the addon settings (and possible automatic deactivate it)? We like to use addon but on some missions its better for mission maker to set values (e.g. PvP).

We have a clanpack and want to offer players to feel free changing their VD to their needs. Only on some missions, like i said PvP, the mission maker should have the option to override the settings and deactivate the action button so no one can change his settings on his own.

An additional idea would be: Just let the admin/missionmaker slot decide what everyone's VD should be while the mission is running.

For performance reasons it would be good if at start the mission the view distance settings would be the first 30 seconds 500m for every player and then slowly recover the settings everyone (or the mission maker) has set before. So the server could load the hole map and after that all players can have more and dont have a performance issiue the first 30sec.

Perhaps this could be added to an gameplaymod like AGM? They use a own action menu, would be cool like Bara said to reduce the normal action menu scroll down list. Or perhaps open and close with a shortcut?