Sign in to follow this  
Rellikplug

-par= start-up parameter

The -par parameter appears to be working to a point but the entirety of the mod line inside the server_start_up_parameter.txt is not loaded. Play with six shows the server only running a portion of the mods specified. If I launch my game with the identical mod line I cannot connect. I need some help to figure this out.

server startup line:

-ip=192.223.31.16 -port=2302 -name=server -config=cfg\server.cfg -cfg=cfg\basic.cfg -profiles=cfg networkDiagInterval=600 -par=server_start_up_parameter.txt

server_start_up_parameter.txt

-mod=@CBA_A3;@mcc_sandbox_a3;@task_force_radio;@A3MP;@agm;@rhs_afrf3;@rhs_usf3;@dar_hmmwv;@dar_mtvr;@dar_maxxpro;

Server report file.

@dar_maxxpro;

^ remove the trailing semi colon from the last -mod ebntry

@dar_maxxpro;

^ remove the trailing semi colon from the last -mod ebntry

No joy... only loads up to "@rhs_afrf3".

if you take away any preceding -mod folders does it load past @rhs_afrf3

Maybe there is a character limit to the -mod line in the -par file.

I have heard mention that there is one to the standard shortcut -mod line but i have never suffered it myself.

if you take away any preceding -mod folders does it load past @rhs_afrf3

Maybe there is a character limit to the -mod line in the -par file.

I have heard mention that there is one to the standard shortcut -mod line but i have never suffered it myself.

The character limit of the -mod= parameter is the reason I am trying the -par= parameter as I thought it would be a work-around... I am thinking now that the character limit applies for either method...

I've used the -par parameter to load -mod from a text file with over 18 addons defined. I can compare character lengths when I'm back on my pc but I suspect this isn't your problem.

Going back to basics, have you tried any methods by elimination? Eg try removing mods one by one from the text file and run to see when things are resolved.

Workaround, combine mod folders into 1

AFAIK, TFR has to be in its correctly named mod folder

Throw all the DAR's into an @DAR, same for RHS, combine them all together

The -par works fine for me with a longer modine, my bet its that you arent reading the par file at all.

Check the filename or try to put the -par at the start of your commandline. Are you sure that the networkdiaginterval that you have there doesnt start with "-"?

Wouldn't it be easier to create batch-file? This is my server.bat.

arma3server.exe -nosound -port=2302 "-config=L:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\server.cfg" "-cfg=L:\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\basic.cfg" -mod=@CBA_A3_RC3;@nograss;@ASDG_JR;@UI;@VTS_Weaponresting;@JSRS2.1;@ASDG_Attachments;@newmods;@voicestop;@BaBe_midTex;@DAC;@CAF_AG1.5;@SOSDMSNV;@Blastcore-A3;@mas;@Ivory;@L_ES;@SaOk;@USAF;@rhs;@AIA;

I only host locally so no ip-stuff. Tons of mods, which is why I had to resort to batch-file(I've used even more). Just place it in same folder as arma3server.exe. And doubleclick the .bat-file. Off you go.

Wouldn't it be easier to create batch-file?

I rent managed servers from NFO and cannot run a batch file as far as I know.

The -par works fine for me with a longer modine, my bet its that you arent reading the par file at all.

Check the filename or try to put the -par at the start of your commandline. Are you sure that the networkdiaginterval that you have there doesnt start with "-"?

I am sure the .par file (or .txt; tried both ways) file is being read as the server does launch with some of the mods... the problem is it only launches the mods up to a point and stops. I have removed the networkDiagInterval parameter.