Sign in to follow this  
ZertyKchan

[(SP)/MP] Zerty's modification of Benny Edition CTI

After a year of work on the original Benny Edition CTI v0.97 ( BeCTI ), I am glad to introduced my modification of that great mission in Bohemia Forums.

The objectives of those modifications are to provide players with a lot more functionality than the original one, and creating that way a mission with the hardest learning curve possible.

Many optimizations have also been done to keep servers fps stable through a whole game.

Objectives:

Objectives stay the same as the original mission, which can be found here.

Licencing:

As specified by Benny the original mission is under nada, thus so must be its derivatives. So you may reuse, modify and redistribute as you like as long as you keep proper credits.

Additional Mission behaviors:

• Dynamic weather (randomWeather2 from Meatball) and random start time
  • A strategic Mode (a bit like AAS), that allows the localisation of the action and guides the commander to select a strategy.
  • Base protections system (a base is protected if the three closest towns are owned)
  • Town mortars : The towns groups are able to call support on player positions.
  • Town CAS : The town groups are calling CAS to protect the town, it might be an attack helicopter or a CAS plane. (depend on the town value)
  • AI resistance patrols between towns with the priority to retake or defend the town.

List of features (but not limited to) :

• A new interface for the dialogs and a new interraction menu (using the ~ key by default)
  • Capacity to forcelock a enemy vehicle
  • Capacity to repair a vehicle if you have a tool kit
  • A field meshing network (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesh_networking), working as a tree network with dynamic reconfiguration trying to minimize battery consumption (not modeled)
  • Capacity to hack inside the enemy network from a connected stolen vehicle
  • A basic hud giving you the basic information
  • A tactical hud, highlighting friendly units and target that are shared across network (sharing is automatic if you are connected).
  • A basic Active Protection System (APS) for APCs and MBTs
  • A dynamic commander selection process (anyone can take and leave command from HQ and CC, player can vote to eject the current commander)
  • Ability for players to repair and build structures (and be paid for it)
  • Ability to load statics and crates into to offroads (based on the original idea of John641611
  • A revive system based on the original idea from Farook
  • Artillery and air radar
  • Capacity to customize the aircraft loadout (from Henroth)
  • Capacity to use slingload using the new choppers from the DLC
  • Capacity to attach the pod on the tarru from the sling load
  • Capacity to paradrop the pods or the slingloaded object
  • Capacity to pack the heavy vehicles inside pods or containers for transport
  • Capacity to add gear inside vehicles
  • Continuously tracked inventories of players
  • Remote control of AI drivers
  • Many more upgrades available for the commander

Most of those features can be activated or not using the numerous additional parameters created. Parameter which allows you to make the mission fit your needs.

Current Credits:

• Benny for the original mission
  • Bl1p, Fluit for random AI skill
  • =ATM=Pokertour for ATM airdrop
  • Meatball for randomWeather2
  • Prodavec for Map Markers titling
  • Farooq for his original idea of a revive script
  • Sari for updating the sanitize scripts
  • John681611 for his original idea of offroad augmentation.
  • Henroth for his Aircraft loadout customization framework.

Download Link:

Download link : HERE

Armaholic mirror:

- BeCTI Zerty's edit CTI-x

Hotfixed 1.3.0.1

- HOTFIX: Fixed HQ wreak removed if once packed

- HOTFIX: Can take command on any factory

Download link : HERE

Armaholic mirror:

- BeCTI Zerty's edit CTI-x v1.3.0.1

Mission can be used on SP but dedicated should be preferred.

Full Changelog : HERE

More information can be found in the online help InGame or on my website.

If you have any questions, suggestions or bugs to report please feel free to contact me either on this website or on BiS forums.

And sorry I did not take the time to make some screenshots. And if my english hurts your eye, please allow me to apologize.

Edited by ZertyKchan
  • Like 1

Thanks, Stratis will follow after some hotfixes. For the other maps, I want to try to make the mission setup as procedural as possible using the locations config.

But before that T'll maybe take the time to do at least Chernarus and Takistan from AiA.

I got the following issues :

Singleplayer-Mode : Everything is working fine. Mission starts as (guess) expected.

MP-Mode (lokal) / Dedicated Server :

1st Issue : Mission loads, Message (synchronizing) comes up, Message (Receiving intel) comes up. After that all players are spawned within a couple of npcs in the south west of Altis. Thats it. No menues, no vehicles, no ui. etc.etc. This happens several times.. Disconnecting and reconnecting does not solve this issue.

2nd Issue after serveral server restart : Mission loads, Message (synchronizing) comes up, Message (Receiving intel) comes up. All players spawned as intended, NPC Commander starts building the base, but one has an ui (except the regular game ui), no one is able to buy units etc. etc. Rest of the mission is running. Task are coming up etc etc. Disconnecting and reconnecting does not solve this issue.

Any ideas ? (i had no time to check the rpt-file. will do it this night. and report if i find some errors)

All UI have been rework. When you spawn in, you should see a tablet with a combobox allowing to change the interaction key. No more menu can be opened from the action menu. To open the tablet press the interaction key (default is the select all unit key "²" or "~"). You can buy units if you are connected to the network and if there is at least one factory. You can buy gear (button from the interaction menu) if there is at least one unit around a owned barrack or near a supply cargo crate.

The startup is a bit buggy when using MP (due to delays between clients setup and sever setup) that is why it is recommended to run it in a dedicated (you can start one on your own computer using TDAST or FSF arma server)

We ran it on a "real" dedicated server. Does the server need to run for some time to initialize everything properly before someone can connect ? Or is the initialization made as soon as a player connects ?

Due to that sp works fine, i know how to access the tablet. (Online help was working fine in the second attempt on the dedicated but with the key the tablet never comes up)

Heads up, I redid those sanitize scripts a while back so they read the configs properly without having to define individual missile classnames, been trying to get my own update out that includes these for a while but been fighting more bugs than i anticipated. Anyhoo, updated sanitize scripts are here if you want them :)

Be aware that the key selected is applied before the language keymapping. When you press the selected key the following menu opens, the fist icon is to open your tablet, the second is to access the gear menu.

2014_11_26_00001.jpg

To be setup properly, the mission just needs to run 10 seconds on the lobby.

Hi i run the mission in a dedicated server, i have a doubt, if all players enter in Blufor, in the other side (opfor) that not have human players, the IA play the mission? i mean is a IA Commander in the opfor side and give orders, etc? Or this mission have to be played with humans in both sides?

use the interraction menu on either the HQ or a factory, the last yellow icon is the one to take the command of your side.

^

I noticed that AI gets auto-elected as commander from the start, and that instant he starts dropping buildings.

Can we force the commander role on ourselves from the start?

Also I noticed a bug on my last play (using latest version on dedicated host).

When you pack your HQ and unpack it, you can lose the ability to lock/unlock/drive it.

hello,

I noticed that you can not lift any vehicle with the UH60 in version 1.3.0.1 anymore.

I assume you changend it to the new DLC helis BUT that would mean only people with DLC (13€) can lift vehicle from now on...

Could you change that back to normal or at least put an parameter i the mission so the admin could choose?

Thank you! Nice work :)

Could you just port the Arma 2 Factorys? those buildingsfrom Arma 3 are not the best ones.

After Playing for a few hours with my friend, we decide to get off and play later. Well Later comes and I start up the game, non dedicated server, he joins and I edit the parameters to what I like (Modified money income / time) and we start the game. A few minutes of me and my friend logging in and then we get it. I have no GUI (Cant press ~, and I have tried to rebind my keys in the online help. Nothing works. Please help.

12 minutes ago, kremator said:

Two year thread necro ... not bad !

+ author last visited April 2015 ^^

4 hours ago, NTGhost said:

What gear level support this CTI? Vanilla, DLC or Apex?

Probably vanilla, the last hotfix was November 2014, which predates Marksmen and Apex DLC's