Sign in to follow this  
captain canada

Bridge blow up real good !

Does anyone know if it's possible to destroy the bridge on the resistance add on island with satchel charges?

I tried 5, but to no avail, but was able to do it with some hellfires from an Apache

Yes it is-put three or four by the supports. It will take that section down.

PS I think you accidently posted this twice.

Thanks didn't mean to post this twice.

I originally set my charges on the bridge but they didn't work.

I tried 2 charges at the supports at the land wall but I will try more charges.

thanks

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (captain canada @ Sep. 23 2002,05:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Thanks didn't mean to post this twice.

I originally set my charges on the bridge  but they didn't work.

I tried 2 charges at the supports at the land wall but I will try more charges.

thanks<span id='postcolor'>

You can also put the bridge at dammage 0.75 or a little more so you can be able to destroy it with a single satchel.

I did it with the radioantenna, so it blows with only one satchel.

You can do this by selecting the Show ID's in editor and write down the object number for the brigde you wanna blow.

Then put a trigger that is "true" from the start and put in the on activation field

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">object [number] setdammage 0.75<span id='postcolor'>

Try to increase the dammage a little until it blows with one satchel.

Cheers

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (JAP @ Sep. 23 2002,11:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">object [number] setdammage 0.75<span id='postcolor'><span id='postcolor'>

Don't put the square brackets around it though:

object number setdammage 0.75

wow.gif PEACE

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (GAMEER_77 @ Sep. 23 2002,14:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (JAP @ Sep. 23 2002,11:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">object [number] setdammage 0.75<span id='postcolor'><span id='postcolor'>

Don't put the square brackets around it though:

object number setdammage 0.75

wow.gif PEACE<span id='postcolor'>

Oh, i didn t know that wink.gif

When i give examples i always put stuff they need to put themselfs between brackets so its more obvious that way confused.gif

I don't know, it might work, if you've tried it and it works then sorry. If so, it could be a way of listing different objects:

object [2847,87442,32] setdammage 0.75

tounge.gif PEACE

I think you don t understand what i mean gamer77.

I know it s without brackets, i just put it like that to make it more clear you need to put a value instead of the text with brackets.

Lol

Thank you JAP! I've been trying to blow up a radio tower near Lipany with satchels. I got the Obj ID# and could setdammage at full, but had no way of triggering that and connecting it to satchels. The script I was working on was very complicated and I don't know enough about scripting.

But your solution of setting damage to less than full with a trigger is great. It never occured to me. Once the damage is set (.9/.95 works well), just one regular satchel charge does the job. Beautiful and simple. Thanks! (I can apply this to many other things, too)

if you look carefully while walking along the bridge you see lines, put satchell charges on these lines. Two is enough if placed correctly