Sign in to follow this  
bux578

AGM Spotter App: WIP

This is the WIP thread for the AGM Spotter App. A web app and native app for iOS and Android. Its purpose is to calculate firing solutions using the ballistic simulation in AGM.

AGM thread:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?178253-Authentic-Gameplay-Modification

github repository:

https://github.com/KoffeinFlummi/Arma3Spotter

try it out (this is heavily WIP, so expect bugs):

http://koffeinflummi.github.io/Arma3Spotter/

2816129064.png

ec9d73b6ec.png

Edited by bux578

Badass! I'll try this out tonight, something me and a couple others in my group were missing to build some dope using AGM.

Much appreciated sir

Meanwhile with Ruthberg's Advanced Ballistics mod, we can use real ballistics calculators like Applied Ballistics, Shooter, JBM, EBC, etc.

Seriously guys, why don't you just let AGM utilize Advanced Ballistics? fyi Advanced Ballistics is hands down the most realistic ballistics mod :)

Even Ruthberg's Kestrel 4500 & AtragMX work just like the real ones.

Edited by TiborasaurusRex

Delete the agm_ballistics.pbo and agm_wind.pbo and agm_scopes.pbo form agm and than you can use what you want :681:

Edited by HG2012Trigger

Meanwhile with Ruthberg's Advanced Ballistics mod, we can use real ballistics calculators like Applied Ballistics, Shooter, JBM, EBC, etc.

Seriously guys, why don't you just let AGM utilize Advanced Ballistics? fyi Advanced Ballistics is hands down the most realistic ballistics mod :)

Even Ruthberg's Kestrel 4500 & AtragMX work just like the real ones.

To put it bluntly: Piss off.

You've made multiple - frankly, slightly insulting - posts already telling us how Advanced Ballistics is so superior, and we've explained to you multiple times why we won't. No one cares.

Sorry to the mods if this seems out of line.

Hey I know this is an old thread, but does anyone know how to add Massi's NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz Weapons to the spotter app? Would be much appreciated :)

Is there a chance we see this implemented into AGM itself...like Kestrel?

I really like this app, but tabbing out of the game everytime you need to dial in a new target is quite tedious.

Is there a chance we see this implemented into AGM itself...like Kestrel?

I really like this app, but tabbing out of the game everytime you need to dial in a new target is quite tedious.

get a second monitor

get a second monitor

If go a second monitor, but still I have to tab out.

Use steam browser= No tabbing out.

Thanks for that !

Does this update the app only locally, meaning all of my friends would have to run this export script as well?

It generates the necessary config for you, but the idea is that you then create a pull request on GitHub so that we can include it in the official version.

Ah, thank you, I will see if I can manage to add some of Massi's weapons to the app, as I'm sure this would be useful for a number of people

It generates the necessary config for you, but the idea is that you then create a pull request on GitHub so that we can include it in the official version.

Thanks for the help, and for merging the pull request, works perfectly in game. You truly are a legend my man :)

That’s really a nice tool. But imho a range table in-game, like in ACE, would be much cooler and more authentic.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but the point of the AGM improvements of ballistics and the ability to adjust your scope is to make sniping more authentic and challenging. With only a range table one needs to have a basic understanding of ballistics and do some math before taking a shoot. With your app on the other hand one just needs to measure some stuff, feed it into your app and adjust the scope like the app tells you to. Imho zero challenge, consequently zero knowledge of ballistics and zero training required. To me it feels almost as simple as the vanilla system of dialing in the distance directly at the scope :(

Wouldn’t it be possible to use the algorithms of this app to create an in-game range table “on the fly� If the player picks up a weapon, your fancy algorithm quickly calculates the scope settings for a default temperature (e.g. 15°) and a default crosswind (e.g. 4 m/s) for certain distances in steps of 100m (e.g. 200m, 300m, …, 1200m). The results are saved in some variables, and the player gets an option to look at a range table like in ACE filled with these results (either via a special key or an item in the AGM menu).

That’s really a nice tool. But imho a range table in-game, like in ACE, would be much cooler and more authentic.

Imho zero challenge, consequently zero knowledge of ballistics and zero training required. To me it feels almost as simple as the vanilla system of dialing in the distance directly at the scope :(.

Yeah and that's why they aren't making range tables, because that would making it even more simple.

https://github.com/KoffeinFlummi/AGM/issues/2102

https://github.com/KoffeinFlummi/AGM/issues/1806

https://github.com/KoffeinFlummi/AGM/issues/1391

I fail to see how in-game range tables would be simpler than an all-knowing ballistics calculator app. As I said they force you to do your own calculations with a basic understanding of ballistics.

Ofc one can write down his own range-tables on paper. But you need to redo them after every change to ballistics or the weapon, so after every Arma, AGM or weapon mod update. Basically every 2 weeks.

Moreover I'd feel kinda stupid to use range-tables and calculated stuff on my own, while an enemy sniper (e.g. a 13-year old who can't spell ballistics) simply uses this app to score hits from 1000m distance like the worlds best sniper ever.

Love the app! Using it now :) Just one question.. the angle goes to 80 in the plus and minus.. How the hell do you calculate a angle of 292 then ingame? How does that translate?

Love the app! Using it now :) Just one question.. the angle goes to 80 in the plus and minus.. How the hell do you calculate a angle of 292 then ingame? How does that translate?

Angle is referring to inclination, not azimuth ;)