Sign in to follow this  
SSD

need help diagnosing .rpt problems

I'm running a good number of mods, and haven't really had any issues, but just tried running an alive mission (putin's dream) in MP by myself and had awful performance - about 18 fps, when I normally get around 45-50 in singleplayer. I decided to take a look at the .rpt file (first time I've checked it), and ... it's a complete disaster. I don't know if the performance is attributable to any of the problems in the .rpt, but if anyone could take a look it would be greatly appreciated. I've been using play withsix to keep everything up to date.

I had to split it into multiple files to get pastebin to accept it, here's the links:

http://pastebin.com/U1LMx7Y8

http://pastebin.com/9UCsLfUF

http://pastebin.com/7hf3R5KM

http://pastebin.com/hd3hQDYi

http://pastebin.com/LvDcPFbV

http://pastebin.com/0LGK9kSE

(a large amount of it consists of "Inventory item with given name: [NVGoggles_OPFOR] not found" over and over)

Yes, the spam from the "Inventory item with given name: [NVGoggles_OPFOR] not found" is probably causing your performance issue, however, it's obvious that whatever mod/script causing it is not identified, so you will just need to figure it out via trial and error, unless I missed an identifier line somewhere.

Yes, the spam from the "Inventory item with given name: [NVGoggles_OPFOR] not found" is probably causing your performance issue, however, it's obvious that whatever mod/script causing it is not identified, so you will just need to figure it out via trial and error, unless I missed an identifier line somewhere.

Trial and error's the only way? There's roughly 60 mods active, and it takes about 10 min to boot up that mission...

Could you throw up a list of those mods? (Please use spoiler tags around the list)

I've bolded the ones I think are most likely to be causing problems.

@CBA_A3

@hlc_ar15

@hlc_wp_mp5

@hlcmods_ak

@hlcmods_core

@hlcmods_fal

@hlcmods_g3

@hlcmods_jsrs

@hlcmods_m14

@hlcmods_M60E4

@ASDG_JR

@asdg_jm

@JSRS2

@rhs_afrf3

@rhs_usf3

@xla_fixedarsenal

@BaBe_midTex

@bcombat

@BlastCore_A3

@blood_mist

@bornholm

@CAF_AG_AudioPatch

@ALiVE

@caf_hlc_wp_repl (CAF HLC weapon replacement)

@FHQ_Accessories

@JTD

@khlowgrass

@L_ES

@landtex_a3a

@rds_ag_comp (RHS compatible CAF config)

@rds_civpack

@rh_pistol_a3

@rh_pdw_a3

@simple_rp

@sthud_a3

@tao_noclosuresounds

@TPW_MODS

@agm

@CAF_AG

@dna_maptextures

@bzly_UIcorrections

@smarter_tanks

@realarmor

@L_Mount

@L_Twitch

@L_ExShake

@saku_shake

@4gp

@vz_cms

@d_turn_rate_limit

@Grace_Sway

@st_stamina_bar

@AllInArmaTerrainPack

@panthera_a3

@Koplic

@Imrali

@em

@K_MNP

@rhs_afrusaf (RHS-HLC compatibility)

@thomson

@GDSN_IslandLightingFixes

@ascz_a2_map_fixes

@smd_a3

@usaf

Well, a quick easy thing to do here, just to try for the moment, is to go in and start a new clean mission, place a playable character down, and then save and put that up. See if your getting those same RPT errors with a "clean" mission.

I tried this earlier actually, a clean mission rpt doesn't have the NVGoggles_OPFOR spam but does have other issues, here's the contents:

http://pastebin.com/GJuDpMqm

Ok, since I don't recognize all these mods, can you take your list, and take out all clientside mods, barring effects mods (Blastcore, JSRS, etc.), and mark which mods are vehicle based (don't remove). That way we can shorten this list a bit, because that error is obviously more something trying to find a reconfigured class (being NV Goggles), I think anyhow...

Sure, here's the list with non-effects clientside mods removed (along with those I know for sure can't be the problem, like maps). I'm not entirely sure what you mean by vehicle based, I've marked anything that either contains vehicles or affects them in some way. Thanks for helping out!

@CBA_A3

@hlc_ar15

@hlc_wp_mp5

@hlcmods_ak

@hlcmods_core

@hlcmods_fal

@hlcmods_g3

@hlcmods_jsrs

@hlcmods_m14

@hlcmods_M60E4

@ASDG_JR

@asdg_jm

@JSRS2

@rhs_afrf3

@rhs_usf3

@bcombat

@BlastCore_A3

@CAF_AG_AudioPatch

@ALiVE

@caf_hlc_wp_repl

@FHQ_Accessories

@JTD

@rds_ag_comp

@rds_civpack

@rh_pistol_a3

@rh_pdw_a3

@tao_noclosuresounds

@TPW_MODS

@agm

@CAF_AG

@smarter_tanks

@realarmor

@L_Mount

@em

@K_MNP

@rhs_afrusaf

@usaf

I'm fairly sure there would be some conflict between the RHS compatible aggressors config, and the aggressors HLC AK replacer, but it doesn't seem like that would affect a mission not using aggressors. (edit: have depbo'd both of these as well as @rhs_afrusaf (RHS HLC compatibility) and there are no references to NV goggles in any of the files).

EDIT: in the mission pbo itself there's an sqf file (addnvg.sqf) to assign NVGs:

{

switch (side _x) do {

case east: {

if (!("NVGoggles_OPFOR" in (items _x + assignedItems _x))) then {

_x addItem "NVGoggles_OPFOR";

_x assignItem "NVGoggles_OPFOR";

};

};

case west: {

if (!("NVGoggles" in (items _x + assignedItems _x))) then {

_x addItem "NVGoggles";

_x assignItem "NVGoggles";

};

};

};

} forEach allUnits;

in the mission description.ext is:

class Extended_Init_EventHandlers {

class Man {

init = "_this call (compile preprocessFileLineNumbers 'addnvg.sqf')";

};

};

I could be wrong but it doesn't seem like this is scripted right, as far as I can tell the forEach loop is unnecessary since this is called for each unit's init anyway. It seems like this would loop through every single unit whenever any unit is created. E

EDIT 2: I just tried taking out forEach allUnits - NVGoggles_OPFOR spam goes away and performance is about 10 fps better but now units don't have NVGs. (NVGoggles_OPFOR spam replaced by Error side: Type code, expected Object,Group,Location)

Edited by SSD

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by vehicle based, I've marked anything that either contains vehicles or affects them in some way.

Yep, that's what I meant :p.

I could be wrong but it doesn't seem like this is scripted right, as far as I can tell the forEach loop is unnecessary since this is called for each unit's init anyway. It seems like this would loop through every single unit whenever any unit is created. E

EDIT 2: I just tried taking out forEach allUnits - NVGoggles_OPFOR spam goes away and performance is about 10 fps better but now units don't have NVGs. (NVGoggles_OPFOR spam replaced by Error side: Type code, expected Object,Group,Location)

I agree with that statement, maybe try doing (still minus the forEach loop):

switch (side (_this select 0)) do {

That seems to have worked, it greatly reduces the amount of goggles spam, I guess I'll let the mission creator know. Glad it didn't end up being due to a mod issue. Thanks again for your help! (mission still runs terribly but I'm pretty sure there's a bunch of other issues with it)

edit: spoke too soon haha, units spawn with NVGs and then the NVGs instantly disappear... I'm kind of done troubleshooting someone else's mission

Edited by SSD

edit: spoke too soon haha, units spawn with NVGs and then the NVGs instantly disappear... I'm kind of done troubleshooting someone else's mission

Hmmmm, that may be a mod causing that, but at this point I'm not sure anymore either. As far as you seeming to be the middle man in this process, I'm not sure if you volunteered or were volun-told to do this task, but honestly any mission maker that isn't willing to come and debug his/her own stuff doesn't have much heart put into the mission, sorry but it's a personal opinion/pet-peeve of mine, if your going to do a mission, do the damn mission.

Once again, sorry for the mini-rant.