Current version : 1.1

Welcome to the Discipline Mod!

9b6bZCJ.png

The purpose of Discipline (previously known as "HAL Protocol") is to improve the vanilla audio & radio landscape during infantry combat in Arma3.
This addon is based on config changes and disables excessive or annoying behaviours such as constant and irrelevant combat shouts from the AI or groaning sounds when injured.
All files are signed and MP-ready.

Features :
- All variations of "Cover me!", "Covering, go!" etc. have been disabled in both stealth and combat modes; constant shouts such as "Ready to fire!" have been completely disabled.
AI units still report spotted target, acknowledge orders and report in as usual, only useless and repetitive behaviours have been edited. Each language has its own PBO file (English, Greek, Persian, French and Chineese).
- Suck it up and carry on like a pro! Moaning sounds when injured are disabled.

- You can also disable breathing sounds when fatigued with the "NoBreathing" file.

- Tired of your avatar or team mates calling out targets before you actually see them? Use the "NoContactReport" file and enjoy pure tension during your patrols.

All files except HAL_discipline are optional and can be removed to tailor your experience.

License :
APL-SA: Arma Public License Share Alike (APL-SA)
Uploading Discipline on Steam Workshop is stricly forbidden.

Changelog :

19.08.2016 : v1.1
- Added HAL_NoBreathing.pbo file, disables the breathing sounds when fatigued, while leaving the fatigue simulation intact.
- Added HAL_NoContactReport.pbo file, disables all contact reports for all radio protocols except Chinese and Persian (bad guys always talk too much).
13.07.2016 : initial release

Download : Discipline v1.1

320px-Google_Drive_text_logo_grey.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

The shouting never bothered me till now;)

Thanks for the addon

New mod 1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@Pepe Hal;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and soon also publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Man thanks for this one. Always bothered me with the amount of untrue "Go! I'm Covering!!" when in fact they are not covering in bounding overwatch. If those statements were actually tied into the AI's actual actions it wouldn't have been so bad. Perfect that you left in the relevant talk as well :)

Thanks guys! :)

Always bothered me with the amount of untrue "Go! I'm Covering!!" when in fact they are not covering in bounding overwatch. If those statements were actually tied into the AI's actual actions it wouldn't have been so bad.

True, that's another hit & miss from BI... The idea is cool, but it is poorly implemented (I'd say it was most likely rushed on account of the chaotic development).

Edited by Pepe Hal

i don't know why I never came here to thank you for this mod.I have been using it for months and it is so good to not have constant jabbering in my ear :) Thanks again mate and keep it up! (one thing though-the AI still say "Area clear" even when I am looking right at an enemy soldier 20 mtrs away lol-i know that is not your fault,it's the game hehe)

You're welcome!

If I knew more about FSM files, there're other things I would edit - AI radio chatter could use some love from BI. ^^'

You're welcome!

If I knew more about FSM files, there're other things I would edit - AI radio chatter could use some love from BI. ^^'

True enough.I played a mission on the workshop which had changed the way AI radio chatter sounded.It sounded much more "radio -ish".As in,more static and sounds and directional effects.It was like adding TFAR to AI kind of. Dont know how he did it,and he never replied when I asked..

True enough.I played a mission on the workshop which had changed the way AI radio chatter sounded.It sounded much more "radio -ish".As in,more static and sounds and directional effects.It was like adding TFAR to AI kind of. Dont know how he did it,and he never replied when I asked..

Would you mind telling us which one? I'd like to look at the code behind it :)

Would you mind telling us which one? I'd like to look at the code behind it :)

I'll try and find it again and post a link when i do-I've forgotten it's name :) But i should be able to find it.

Hi guys!

Following the Apex release, it was more than time for an update.

Besides the brand new stupid name, the file structure has been revised to reflect recent changes in the radio protocols (one file per language), and all of them have been signed for MP.

The mod also includes a "NoMoanin" file wich disables the constant groaning sounds when injured. All files are optional. ;)

9b6bZCJ.png

Features :
- All variations of "Cover me!", "Covering, go!" etc. have been disabled in both stealth and combat modes; constant shouts such as "Ready to fire!" and "Contact!" have been completely disabled.
AI units still report spotted target, acknowledge orders and report in as usual, only useless and repetitive behaviours have been edited. Each language has its own PBO file (English, Greek, Persian, French and Chineese).
- Suck it up and carry on like a pro! Moaning sounds when injured are disabled.

All files except HAL_discipline are optional and can be removed to tailor your experience.

License :
APL-SA: Arma Public License Share Alike (APL-SA)

Uploading Discipline on Steam Workshop is stricly forbidden.

Download :
drive_logo.png

Enjoy!

• Like 7

Haleks, this is essentially a clientside mod, right? Any need for servers to run it or any conflicts that you can think of if I run it clientside, for example, but my MP group don't have it on their clients and the server doesn't run it as well?

Haleks, this is essentially a clientside mod, right? Any need for servers to run it or any conflicts that you can think of if I run it clientside, for example, but my MP group don't have it on their clients and the server doesn't run it as well?

It should be safe to run it client-side only, although it hasn't been tested (so keep an eye on the RPT reports).

But I advice for everyone in your group to run the same files, it will avoid bizarre issues such as one being able to hear an incoming hostile AI group (by their combat shouts) while the others can't.

Oh wait are battle cries disabled with this?

I really like those from the enemy side. It's just the player grunting and groaning, and friendly AI repetitive calls I hate.

Would it be possible for this mod to keep the enemy callouts intact? I use a lot of Middle Eastern OPFOR units and ISIS units and I love the (what sounds like Arabic) battle cries a lot.

All files are optionals; you can remove HAL_radioProtocol_PER, it should do the trick for your mod set. ;)

• Like 1

Thanks! That's cool man. You're a miracle worker. It's gonna be nice to get rid of the bitching and moaning, but still leaving intact the OPFOR praising god for the opportunity to shoot bullets at me stuff. Lol

I appreciate it Haleks.

Oh wait are battle cries disabled with this?

I really like those from the enemy side. It's just the player grunting and groaning, and friendly AI repetitive calls I hate.

Would it be possible for this mod to keep the enemy callouts intact? I use a lot of Middle Eastern OPFOR units and ISIS units and I love the (what sounds like Arabic) battle cries a lot.

I've used this mod for a long time and I never noticed it removing enemy speech-you should be fine.

@Haleks-Thanks for the update.I love the fact we can remove the moanin' and groanin' now ;)

• Like 1

Thanks for this. The download is worth it just to be able to get rid of the moaning while lightly injured but not injured enough to require a med pack. That always drove me nuts because there was no easy way to stop it.

• Like 1