Sign in to follow this  
Grace

Maps of Aleppo and Damascus (Jobar Area) "Current Syrian War"

Seeing the RL pictures..it is impossible to have a playable map with such *large building density+amount of buildings..

and the biggest drawback will be the partially destroyed building models.

A partially destroyed building model (but fully enterable without stupid collision issues) will require

at LEAST the x2 polygons of the same *intact building.

Eventually it isn't the big work of a map maker...but a bunch of modelers working exclusively

on building models.

Guess why we have 100 maps that look ALL the same.Because it's a painstaking process  to build a "buildings pack".

Just my thought..

We need a Syria map... It does not have to have buildings destroyed!

We need a Syria map... It does not have to have buildings destroyed!

..then i hope some map maker will find the motivation to start working on such a map.

There are already assets (from ArmA1 era) available ..although you might find disappointing

the lack of "those 4-5 story buildings".

*edited later*

hmm..now i m thinking about ArmA1 has some tall buildings also..

Wish you luck ;)

How so? People who are requesting a Syria map want one because they support the Syrian Goverment and want to kill the terrorists exterminate or expel over half the population.

FTFY.

FTFY.

I have a breaking news for you: actions in computer game aren't able to affect any objects in real world beyond components of one's computer. So please, get off your high horse and stop pretending that roleplaying Syria/Iraq/Afganistan/Gulf/WWII/WWI/%WARNAME% war is somehow "bad" or "immoral" and the guys who want to do it are Pol Pot-level tyrants.

Consider playing Cities: Skylines if you hate the idea of armed conflict.

• Like 2

There have been tons of terrains made that's based on current wars and conflicts since OFP and now it's suddenly morbid?

Silly.

Anyway I hope this topic is locked. No one's come forward to make such a map.

Anyway I hope this topic is locked.

"I want to moralize and noone should be able to rationally object me", huh? We're on the outher side of Great Firewall in case you haven't noticed yet.

Saying that making a game map vaguely resembling certain real world territory is morbid and genocidal is like saying that WoT/WT players who prefer German tanks are literally soldiers of 3rd SS Panzer Division.

Hey, all I'm saying is that it's morbid, and it is. Just try imagining holding the remains of a child buried under the rubble thanks to those barrel bombas. Tora bora that particular conflict is certainly not.

Hey, all I'm saying is that it's morbid, and it is. Just try imagining holding the remains of a child buried under the rubble thanks to those barrel bombas. Tora bora that particular conflict is certainly not.

Seems like someone has drank the liberal left War propaganda Kool-Aid. Will you be voting for Clinton next? I bet you get your info from CNN/BBC.

The Syrian army/Hezbollah fighters are true heroes that are risking their lives to defeat the terrorist scum that have infested Syria. Anyone with half a clue about the conflict knows this. 

Yes war is morbid but if you can not stomach it then play Minecraft instead? This is a combat game after all, but no one is requesting anything like you are suggesting.

A map that is vaguely based on a region of Syria would be sufficient.

Seems like someone has drank the liberal left War propaganda Kool-Aid. Will you be voting for Clinton next? I bet you get your info from CNN/BBC.

The Syrian army/Hezbollah fighters are true heroes that are risking their lives to defeat the terrorist scum that have infested Syria. Anyone with half a clue about the conflict knows this. 

Yes war is morbid but if you can not stomach it then play Minecraft instead? This is a combat game after all, but no one is requesting anything like you are suggesting.

A map that is vaguely based on a region of Syria would be sufficient.

Because everything is as simple as you put it, and no war crimes were committed by your "good guys". Go back to jerking over barrel bombs at liveleak. I speak four languages and I know more about the conflict than RT will ever tell you (even if I do agree that ISIL has been allowed to grow too long unchecked, but that also is the fault of the regime, a regime that did indeed allow the same band of terrorists to engage US soldiers in Iraq and kill civilians). I don't care what you think, and this is a gaming sub-forum related to Arma, not spewing your brand of propaganda about whose mercenaries are heroes or any such nonsense.

Because everything is as simple as you put it, and no war crimes were committed by your "good guys". Go back to jerking over barrel bombs at liveleak. I speak four languages and I know more about the conflict than RT will ever tell you (even if I do agree that ISIL has been allowed to grow too long unchecked, but that also is the fault of the regime, a regime that did indeed allow the same band of terrorists to engage US soldiers in Iraq and kill civilians). I don't care what you think, and this is a gaming sub-forum related to Arma, not spewing your brand of propaganda about whose mercenaries are heroes or any such nonsense.

Why not just leave politics or political convictions out of this and keep it on topic, an addon request about a syria themed map?

Would be nice if a mod could move this thread into addons and mod requests, where it belongs to.

Cheers

Hindsight is convenient, whilst ongoing suffering gets on my (and most people's) nerves. Sorry 'bout that. Hope a mod intervenes and moves/locks topic.

Straight outa disney... stop derailing the thread, take it here https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/128311-syria-what-should-we-do-if-anything/

EDIT: ninjd

OT i would also love to see a map in the vein of the images in the original post, ive been watching a lot of the Syrian army Gopro stuff on their armoured units like this 

and was amazed at the destruction but naturally thought of Arma maps, it would not need to be as densely populated and i imagine something the size of Zargabad, maybe a bit bigger would work... my favourite buildings to use for cover in Arma 3 are the ruins.

Closing - as this thread has derailed significantly 

• Like 1