Sign in to follow this  
Grace

Maps of Aleppo and Damascus (Jobar Area) "Current Syrian War"

There is allot going on in syria and neighbouring areas at the moment and allot of footage being captured, So it would be really nice to get some nice maps of aleppo and Jobar were big battles have been fought these few years to allow the Arma community to re-enact these battles or create awesome missions on.

I have absolutely 0 skills in island making and lord knows I've tried 100 times. But I would be willing to help out by any means possible, I am even currently working on the Syrian Army which you can find HERE

Here are some screen shots to encourage or even challenge you Island Makers.

Allepo:

article-2345972-1A6D163F000005DC-362_634x478.jpg

131527134__427833b.jpg

image.jpg

http://www.aaas.org/sites/default/files/images/Figure_23_small.jpg (603 kB)

aleppo-city.jpg?1343750816

Jobar:

A-Syrian-forces-tank-movi-007.jpg

vbk-syria_1526428f.jpg

3c8c5afc8b88bae66cea633e301bf717.jpg

http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/5634/128858542.1f/0_a60fc_c55ef26e_XXL.png (573 kB)

harasta.jpg?itok=avtLLmiX

It would be great if someone could build a small Syrian city , urban warfare would be nice.

Unfortunately I'm not a map maker otherwise this would be my first priority.

urhh, depressingly shocking pics makes me a little sad...

• Like 1

Yep, I personnaly think Arma missions should stay 100% fictionnal.

Yep, I personnaly think Arma missions should stay 100% fictionnal.

Nothing forces people to make a real life operations just because the map is based in a real life location. That is down to the mission editor, this post is about making the map of these areas for people to play and make missions on, Nothing else.

• Like 1

So I guess it's ok to play with ISIS terrorists but not with maps based on real locations?

Guess at this point we have reached the edge of simulation. From here everyone has to ask himself, why he / she is playing this game.

If the answer is "to be as real as possible" then you have to take the next step. Create real scenarios but dont forget the uncomfortable parts... like injured, mutilated or killed civilians (or in case of IS killing civilians) and all the other cruelty of war. But before you are doing this.... dive into propaganda of both sides. Just to get a glimps of what war means. (I exclude all the guys around here who were on active missions and saw the "real" war).

my 2 cents....

Looking forward to see new map, I just wonder how about fps in big city - but fallujah plays good so hope this one will to. As for discussion above no matter how hard you will try to make arma real it will always be just a game.

Please don't let my comments put you off creating the map - I think that it would be somewhat of a worthy testament to the levels of destruction and carnage we're capable of creating(making/breaking?) So I would support and I'd play on it for sure.

We can all build that mental firewall that disassociates this from real life - but the pics still gut me everytime I watch them on U-toob or see them in press.

:(

SJ

Please don't let my comments put you off creating the map - I think that it would be somewhat of a worthy testament to the levels of destruction and carnage we're capable of creating(making/breaking?) So I would support and I'd play on it for sure.

We can all build that mental firewall that disassociates this from real life - but the pics still gut me everytime I watch them on U-toob or see them in press.

:(

SJ

A good suggestion to you would be to stop watching them then.

On other terms , I think the FPS would be ok , look at MBG Kill Houses they were partially animated and you would put loads of them down, all we need is apartment and skyscraper versions with textures.

It would be possible to play such a model for the game, could use as a basis the destroyed vehicles that are already in the game!

---------- Post added at 17:37 ---------- Previous post was at 17:35 ----------

SITE

http://www.network54.com/Forum/110741/thread/1368820394/Syrian+T-72AV+-+M1+%28modernised%29"]http://www.network54.com/Forum/110741/thread/1368820394/Syrian+T-72AV+-+M1+%28modernised%29"]http://www.network54.com/Forum/110741/thread/1368820394/Syrian+T-72AV+-+M1+%28modernised%29

http://www.small-scale-armour.co.uk/misc/T-72AV/av2.jpg (115 kB)

I... I don't know man... I support almost anything about modding but I have to admit... for me, this is kind of sad to see these pictures.. :(

Like any war isnt horrible? Lets not go down that road in this thread there's no need for it, it looks like it'll be an interesting map. Good luck with it!

But if the intention is to recreate all the actual mold of the battles, so I think realism is never too much, even being sad !

---------- Post added at 18:38 ---------- Previous post was at 17:23 ----------

the game would be so :

Arma Syrian :

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=5a4_1359208908

Edited by sandrobrandiao

Can anyone make a map based on a region of Syria? I would be willing to pay for one to be made. My plan is to make a Syria life server.

It always makes me sick if I have to read such request. We just had this a year ago with Crimea and Donbas region. Such map request are in the same league like "Concentation Camp Manager" Games.

It always makes me sick if I have to read such request. We just had this a year ago with Crimea and Donbas region. Such map request are in the same league like "Concentation Camp Manager" Games.

What the hell? How can you compare systematically murdering prisoners to a request to make a realistic map. This is a war game. War is dirty. It kills people. I don't see why it would matter wether you kill virtual people in a fictional map or in a fictional map based on a location that actually exists.

And to the requester: why don't you make it yourself, won't you?

What the hell? How can you compare systematically murdering prisoners to a request to make a realistic map. This is a war game. War is dirty. It kills people. I don't see why it would matter wether you kill virtual people in a fictional map or in a fictional map based on a location that actually exists.

And to the requester: why don't you make it yourself, won't you?

Because it's too hard to make for an inexperienced person. I would like a map of Damascus/Jobar district or Latakia/Aleppo.

I dont think that will work, it would lag like hell with all those buildings presuming you're styling it like the BF3 Aftermath expansion with CQB cluttered maps

• Like 1

I dont think that will work, it would lag like hell with all those buildings presuming you're styling it like the BF3 Aftermath expansion with CQB cluttered maps

I agree, I think a scenery that complex and dense in ArmA would cause very reduced framerate.

Looking forward to see new map, I just wonder how about fps in big city - but fallujah plays good so hope this one will to. As for discussion above no matter how hard you will try to make arma real it will always be just a game.

Edit location data using grids or import latitude/ longitude coordinates from Excel or CSV file.

create a map

Seeing the RL pictures..it is impossible to have a playable map with such *large building density+amount of buildings..

and the biggest drawback will be the partially destroyed building models.

A partially destroyed building model (but fully enterable without stupid collision issues) will require

at LEAST the x2 polygons of the same *intact building.

Eventually it isn't the big work of a map maker...but a bunch of modelers working exclusively

on building models.

Guess why we have 100 maps that look ALL the same.Because it's a painstaking process  to build a "buildings pack".

Just my thought..

What a morbid request.

How so? People who are requesting a Syria map want one because they support the Syrian Goverment and want to kill the terrorists. I don't think their is anything wrong with wanting to roleplay a war thats currently taking place. I think Syrian people will not mind either if such a map for Arma was made. That's like calling Takistan life morbid for simulating US invasion of Afganistan...

Edit location data using grids or import latitude/ longitude coordinates from Excel or CSV file.

create a map

Making a map for Arma is not as simple as importing a file... It takes a lot of expertise.