Sign in to follow this  
MiauX

[WIP] Serifos Island (Greece)

After a couple of months of hard work, i want to show some of my upcoming terrain: Serifos Island

There is still quite a bit work to do, but i expect to release the terrain at late December or early 2015.

So, here we go:

DEcT8Do.jpg

0B3dx2z.jpg

fKjgAX0.jpg

vtDRPbX.jpg

KcqOi3G.jpg

ToDo List:

- Roads on Sat Image

- Some object placement tuning

- Final surface mask

- Airfield (still undecided between a mini-island with the runway or modifying the island itself)

I hope you like it.

Special Thanks to the Terrain Edition subforum, i could not do this without them.

Looks awesome, and am excited to play it!

Keep up the good work!

About the Airfield: I would go for an artificial Airfield (Comparable to the one on Stratis) since the real Serifos hasen´t got one it would be an explanation that in the year 2035 (Arma 3 scenario) the NATO has started/finished to build an Airfield on the Island

Well I think better is to add mini-island with the runway, it allow players to start there and invade island and it is easier to explain how forces got there

Or, just use the water. No one uses the water, and having naval ability would be more interesting than just sticking an Airfield in there somewhere. ;)

Or, just use the water. No one uses the water, and having naval ability would be more interesting than just sticking an Airfield in there somewhere. ;)

Yeah, I agree with you on that. However the question is whether there should be a static LPD then or whether the Users of this Map should have to download a separate (Third-Party) Mod. The fisrt option would force him to do a 3D-Model which would take quiet some time but I think the second option would be good enough since there are several Naval Mods in the works. I would go for a 100% authentic version of Serifos without adding extra Land mass. However the author is the one who has got to decide.

Damn! MiauX, that is SEXY!

Congrats on your release mate! Looking forward to play on it!

Damn, you've done a great job so far. Looking forward to the finished version!

Can I ask how you placed the solar panels in that curved fashion? Was it by hand or script?

Thank you all for your good feedback!

Regarding the Airfield, even considering that i agree on a 100% unmodified island and focusing only on helicopters, having at least one Airfield its like a comunnity standard and i feel "forced" to make one to appeal to a wider player base.

If someone played "Isola Di Capraia" that kind of airfield (an independent model made of concrete "floating" near the island) would fit really well, maybe i'll use something like that to avoid touching the heightmap once again.

Damn, you've done a great job so far. Looking forward to the finished version!

Can I ask how you placed the solar panels in that curved fashion? Was it by hand or script?

By hand, just make one line, and copy-paste the others, its quite easy that way.

And again, thanks everyone for your feedback, its really motivating!

Nice one, I was hoping someone would do another Mediterranean based island given we have all these lovely assets and foliage. Looking forward to the release.

Nice, will it be connected to the land mass in some way? Or use of boats to transfer to main island?

Its gonna be boats, ill do a port somewhere in the terrain