Hatchet_AS

ASDG - Mk. V SOC (WIP)

how do i but Zodiacs on the back of the MARK V SOC?

Hey Hatchet, any word on the ticket's? I have just checked them, and it appears one is checked as "not enough info", while the other looks to be in-touched. If not, I'll send the links over to Ticket Administration so it can at least be acknowledged. I know that without those fixed that it'll be hard to continue your mod.

Oh my, can't wait for the release. Nice stuff, I'm glad to see that more naval content is being worked in to the game.

I'm going to cry if this thing doesn't get finished.
Edited by Arkhir

in real life the zodiacs drive themselves right up the back ramp of the mk5 between the rear gunners on the model but the question I have is this still passable considering arma3 collision models does the ramp have to be modeled like the c-17/c-5 models for the ramp section also my question is there going to be a scroll wheel option like in larger transports to secure the zodiac to the mk5

How in the world did I miss this one being released? I have been looking for something like this....well exactly like this for our waterborne highspeed transporation instead of using the A3 stock boats.

How in the world did I miss this one being released? I have been looking for something like this....well exactly like this for our waterborne highspeed transporation instead of using the A3 stock boats.

released? It's not released. In fact, Hatchet hasn't been around for roughly a year now, i can only guess it's due to life. Real Life. We all have that too.

released? It's not released. In fact, Hatchet hasn't been around for roughly a year now, i can only guess it's due to life. Real Life. We all have that too.

It has actually been released... at least a version of it. I was playing with it earlier.

---------- Post added at 03:07 ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 ----------

[/color]

Here you guys go, have fun.

Thank you! You made my day:D

Thank you! You made my day:D

Yeah no problem. He should be working on the update though.. we'll see! As for now, have fun with the alpha

hey i've been messing around with this mod and I really love it. My question is:

How do you get to attach the boats to the deck?

I tried every position on the boat, tried being the assault boat and on the back deck. Anyone?

hey i've been messing around with this mod and I really love it. My question is:

How do you get to attach the boats to the deck?

I tried every position on the boat, tried being the assault boat and on the back deck. Anyone?

you try that yet ??? :D

We should wait for instruction from the mod team that made this beauty !

Or, you can just drive the boat straight up on the back. When you want it off... well, idk, i haven't figured that out, i've been to busy messing around with every possibly way i can conduct every kind of operation from this seaborne platform. XD

You can check out the video's in the video thread.

problem report!

after add ur boat to game, problem caused.

if we remove anything while using zeus. (zeus deploied object or vehicles)

then module F error poped up with beep sound.

---------- Post added at 14:15 ---------- Previous post was at 14:14 ----------

problem report!

after add ur boat to game, problem caused.

if we remove anything while using zeus. (zeus deploied object or vehicles)

then module F error poped up with beep sound.

Just stumbled upon this mod thread by accident. Very impressed indeed and looking forward to testing this out on my return home next week.

ARMA3 is lacking maritime assets and this mod appears to fill a much needed gap in especially SF scenario us.

Well done and keep up the good work.

Did anyone manage to anchor the boat? Did anyone manage to recover a CCRC while moving? Did anyone manage to put 4 CCRC on the deck?

Dive beacon - Diving lights. What does it do?

Thx!

---------- Post added at 04:05 ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 ----------

Suppose it's a whatever makes you happy kind of thing. But yeah.. little more forethought than to put the guys on the bow before filling the cabin, or back deck. :cool:

@All, A few shots from a quick in-game test. Really annoyed that I can't make the cargo IK stuff work. Will make another ticket and hope that also gets addressed. But anywho:

http://alphasquad.net/downloads/asdg/public/images/linked/asdg_mkvsoc_wip_cp14.jpg

http://alphasquad.net/downloads/asdg/public/images/linked/asdg_mkvsoc_wip_cp15.jpg

http://alphasquad.net/downloads/asdg/public/images/linked/asdg_mkvsoc_wip_cp16.jpg

http://alphasquad.net/downloads/asdg/public/images/linked/asdg_mkvsoc_wip_cp17.jpg

Sorry they are all divers, I was lazy. :rolleyes:

How can you attach the boats like that?

Have had fun today testing this Alpha release on the Australia map. Only found one stone bridge too low to pass under so far.

Very impressive mod, liked the handling and the lighting effects.

Couldn't work out how to load or launch CRRC or DSV, or how to deploy the anchor. I'm guessing these features have been disabled in the latest Alpha or are they active and not obvious?

Can anyone confirm either way for me please, thanks.

Your mod efforts are much appreciated.

Have had fun today testing this Alpha release on the Australia map. Only found one stone bridge too low to pass under so far.

Very impressive mod, liked the handling and the lighting effects.

Couldn't work out how to load or launch CRRC or DSV, or how to deploy the anchor. I'm guessing these features have been disabled in the latest Alpha or are they active and not obvious?

Can anyone confirm either way for me please, thanks.

Your mod efforts are much appreciated.

Hi Commando, 

To load the stuff on it, simply use R3F Logistic script... Or any "objecting Carrying script".

That's it. I noticed major decreased performance when using the ship with other ship. Put 4 of these and your Fps should go down to approximately 1 fps. 

We tried to include it in our repo and we ended up removing it because of that. The issue is with the PhysX Lods on the model i think. Something like that. 

Currently its the best boat out there for sure... the creator didnt connect lately so the status of this project is unknown... :(

For your pleasure! :) 

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9nkNNUK0HQxeV9iVDVTUlFmcEk&usp=sharing

• Like 1

For your pleasure! :)

Hi sillyflip,

Many thanks for your help. I think I need to add the script you mention  to the boat in the 2-D editor, I will try to do that.

The images are great, thanks for sharing. particularly enjoyed the final one of the towed water skier! Wow.......very clever stuff.  :)

All the best

Its not in the editor... You have to add it to your mission folder. 

You might have to config the script with the classnames of the SDV & RibBoat so you can easily lift them. Not real... but its the easiest way.

Cheers

Thanks again sillyflip,

I'm new to scripting and steep learning curve. Your message has helped me to understand now where some of these scripts need to go as well as init in the editor. Still have much to learn but determined to get the best out of this boat for my unit.

It is already such a good mod, love driving the boat across the angry or glimmering sea.

Hi Silliflip,

Ok, I  now have the R3F logistics init.sqf and description.txt in my mission folder, with the R3F_LOG folder too and in 2-D editor when placing down my ship in the initialisation box for my MKVSOC I have the following script to try to load onboard two CRRCs

nul = [<ASH_MKVSOC>, [<B_Boat_Transport_01_F>, <B_Boat_Transport_01_F>] ] execVM "R3F_LOG\USER_FUNCT\auto_load_in_vehicle.sqf";  

But I get 'invalid number in expression' returned, when I hit OK

Any further help would be much appreciated please

P.S. I can now tell that s the wrong script anyway as it is for LOADING and the CRRC are too big, I need to ATTACH somehow, thanks

It's a shame this isn't being actively worked on. Would have liked to have seen it get transferred to someone else. Looks beautiful, and would seriously fill a need of the community.

• Like 1