Hatchet_AS

ASDG - Mk. V SOC (WIP)

Meh.. I got a little side tracked yesterday (work and ... MWO CW patch..), but things did get done. Less me actually updating things. :rolleyes:

Attached a few of the images from the folder (please ignore the headless underwear brigade..). Currently leaving out a couple of the 'support' positions on the bow and aft deck. Evaluating ways to make those positions seem realistically viable on the back deck. And yep.. the ones on the bow were just positioned poorly by me, need to rework those. In the process of adding all these back in, I also modified the way things function. Essentially all the extended cargo positions have IK now, and are powered by 6 different animations. Little more tweaking to do with that (dont need compound animation fractures..), but looking good. Gunners also now move on 3 axis instead of one. Which is really sweet when not in the optics, however very challenging.

asdg_mkvsoc_wip_cp13.jpg

asdg_mkvsoc_wip_cp11.jpg

asdg_mkvsoc_wip_cp10.jpg

asdg_mkvsoc_wip_cp7.jpg

asdg_mkvsoc_wip_cp9.jpg

More and larger images in the WIP Imagery. Oh, and of the images the 8 deck position (less 2 on the ramp) are FFV.

Cheers,

Hatchet

Edited by Hatchet_AS
  • Like 1

Dude...

http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/z...ps8a9f870f.jpg

You've out done BIS in Naval assets, simply with just this picture alone. It looks so damn good, i can almost feel cruising the coast in this machine of perfection. The detail is On Spot.

This so much. I feel like the boat is actually there and I am on it. The amount of detail on this boat is absolutely amazing. Its a shame there arent more mods etc dedicated to naval assets and special operations vehicles.

Wow Hatchet. Wow.

I had a thought... would you be able to move a lot of the lighting userActions over to the technician position of the boat? This makes that position actually viable and giving the driver a bit less to worry about - also more teamplay orientated?

Dude...

http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/z...ps8a9f870f.jpg

You've out done BIS in Naval assets, simply with just this picture alone. It looks so damn good, i can almost feel cruising the coast in this machine of perfection. The detail is On Spot.

I can't see the image (looped redirect?)! Nonetheless, thank you! The 'feeling' is the target. Nothing more, and hopefully nothing less. That makes me very happy to hear. :o

Wow Hatchet. Wow.

I had a thought... would you be able to move a lot of the lighting userActions over to the technician position of the boat? This makes that position actually viable and giving the driver a bit less to worry about - also more teamplay orientated?

The current clusterfoo with the 'technician' seat and the driver having control over the remote spot is annoying and my bad. That being said, the current intent is to remove as much as possible from the 'scroll-menu'. Currently planning on going with a single customizable 'key' that will drive an UI based set of controls. Which is not really 'ideal' for me personally, but I think it's much cleaner than what the scroll looks like with everything turned on. Right now it is formed as having 3 systems, Engine/Lighting/Cargo. Will allow for say, anyone on the front row to turn lights on/off, or allow people to easily mount the 28th cargo position, or perhaps switch the waterjets between towed-in/out positions. ;)

*edit*

or perhaps... select to have the guys on back ramp 'wave' you in from the cargo screen. (too much? i can hook the free hands to a separate animation and have them 'motion you in'. pretty sure.. maybe a bit rigid, meh.. i'll try it)

Edited by Hatchet_AS

Is the custom seating "first come, first seat"? For example if i just wanted the rear deck custom cargo seating, and not sides or front?

It is ordered however it is setup in the model/config. Which is part of the reason for needing something more functional. So right now, there are technically 3 commanders, 4 gunners, and 26 cargo positions. So with the cargo for example, the 1st seat is 2nd row port side in the cabin. Each row fills consecutively, port to starboard through the 14th position. 15/16 are port standoff, 17/18 starboard standoff, 19p/20s cabin entrances, 21p/22s air tanks back deck, 23p/24s seated bow, 25p/26s ramp support positions.

I'll make a graphic at release as it'll likely change a bit. Which will be similar to what you get in-game, an UI image with selectable nodes or whatever. Should handle attaching actual 'cargo' to the back deck positions in the same manner. CRRC's, SDV, ammoboxes or whatever fits.

Unfortunately, BIS hath struck again I think. I setup all the Cargo animation stuff, yet there is no 'cargo'LeftHandAnimName or similar. :391:

That might have been a chunk of wasted time ... not sure yet. Maybe why I didn't do it the first time around. FPDR

Edited by Hatchet_AS
tablet input fail..

Yea i personally dont want guys holding the sides or sitting on the front only reason i asked

Yea i personally dont want guys holding the sides or sitting on the front only reason i asked

Suppose it's a whatever makes you happy kind of thing. But yeah.. little more forethought than to put the guys on the bow before filling the cabin, or back deck. :cool:

@All, A few shots from a quick in-game test. Really annoyed that I can't make the cargo IK stuff work. Will make another ticket and hope that also gets addressed. But anywho:

asdg_mkvsoc_wip_cp14.jpg

asdg_mkvsoc_wip_cp15.jpg

asdg_mkvsoc_wip_cp16.jpg

asdg_mkvsoc_wip_cp17.jpg

Sorry they are all divers, I was lazy. :rolleyes:

Edited by Hatchet_AS
so annoying putting images up here...
  • Like 1

She looks great Hatchet. Hopefully you can iron out the rest of the problems quickly.

Hatchet, this looks amazing! Excellent job! Are you planning on doing any of the other NSW boats, like the SOC-R or 11M RHIB?

Hatchet, this looks amazing! Excellent job! Are you planning on doing any of the other NSW boats, like the SOC-R or 11M RHIB?

I second this, you should make the RHIB and SOC-R as well! ARMA 3 is lacking good maritime operation assets.

Ha, seeing as how someone dragged the thread back into view ... I guess I should comment on things. Firstly though, I hope everyone has had an excellent holiday season! Things were pretty well around here. Spent a fair bit of time with the family, but also managed to get some ArmA related things done.

Fortunately, BI will be looking at some files here soon, hopefully we can figure out some of these 'larger' issues. And maybe with them witnessing some of the other things ... perhaps get some of the peripheral things sorted. This is relative to the MkV, Carrier, and Semi-Sub ultimately, and any other vessel in the works by others with similar needs/functions. As this has been the intent since before the holidays, I honestly haven't fiddle with OffShore things much at all.

I will try to fit some time in to update the MkV animations (i managed to export most of the cargo sets without camera bones right at Christmas..), and include the new physx setup in the next couple days. Hopefully more suitable for you guys wanting more turning. AI also seem to be able to handle it currently. Which was rather annoying to sort, but meh.. much better now.

I hope BI sees all of this and it's glory, and it inspires them to make boats for the base game. This really sets the bar for exactly how detailed and function Naval asset should be. Anything less would be sheer disappointment.

Edited by DarkSideSixOfficial

Get it done already :p

Your work is really impressive.

Im looking forward to the release, whenever that is.

Keep up the :icon_dj: work :)

Haha, thanks nuxil, and yeah.. sidetracked with ACRE things. Been moving the Carrier and Semi-submersible along also though.

I apologize to all, I did actually fail to upload the latest revision from a couple/few weeks ago (hasn't really seemed missed). Will try to get to it this week. Operational word there being 'try'. Slightly dislocated shoulder and normal life stuff being rather annoying.

I missed it too, I thought the issues with the fps drop had put this project on hold until news from dev, but the model is really splendid and you can always update and add functionality later I guess.. ships and boats!

Awesome I cant wait to see this released! My unit is highly anticipating its release!

---------- Post added at 08:06 ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 ----------

Also any chance your Working on the SOC-R, or RHIB?

Also any chance your Working on the SOC-R, or RHIB?

Probably not any time soon, if ever. Those vehicles do exist currently although I'm not sure if they were ported to A3 or not.

@All, I regrettably must continue the sincere apologies for lagging with things. As Murphy would have it, the shoulder really has limited my ability to get things done the last month or so here. Good news is, I'm about done with the side project and will be returning to full on ship building stuff here next week. Bar falling out of another boat and popping another shoulder out or similar. I'm gonna try to avoid that though. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, something of recent has really messed up the FFV stuff I had sorted on the MkV. So probably going to strip that for now. But outside of that, I think all the new tweakage should be good. Performance LODs are back in now, along with some scriptfu for various things. Like loading/unloading CRRC(s) or SDV, anchoring option (rope type, or rock solid type (for mucking about on the deck)). Don't think I ever pushed the updated PhysX stuff, so that'll also be a nice change for most. She is a bit more aggressive now.

Something I would like some feedback on, is what kind of 'Medium' class ships would you guys like to see? If you're not sure what that means, we'll call it 40 meters in length or larger. Also, floating platform type structures. The semisubmersible I've been working on is 100m square basically. I'm looking for functional examples or thoughts on some objects that would be about that size or smaller. Maybe floating barges? You guys tell me.

Even though it´s not a military vehicle, a cargo ship would be great for Anti-Piracy missions. Something Naval assets could be used on too. However I wouldn´t call that a medium sized object :P